Gransnet forums

Chat

My daughter.........

(56 Posts)
jingl Fri 09-Dec-11 08:36:56

How should I phrase this? ([worried emoti])

Well. My daughter is now a very small tad within the distant sighting of the very peri menopause. (OK so far? (she won't read this))

And, she is beginning to realise, on the odd occasion (sneezing mostly), that she would have done better to listen to me with regard to exercising her pelvic floor. hmm [sniff]

So I have bought her some of these www.amazon.co.uk/Aquaflex-Pelvic-Floor-Exercise-System/dp/B003UES7A8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1323419215&sr=8-1

It's alright to wrap 'em up and give them to her as a Christmas present, isn't it?

jingl Fri 09-Dec-11 08:37:28

I should add, I have got her other Christmas presents as well! smile

jingl Fri 09-Dec-11 08:39:47

...and there will only be close family present on the day!

jogginggirl Fri 09-Dec-11 08:49:59

Just took a look at the link jingl - [fblush) - you'd never think that small piece of equipment could fulfil so many needs blush.......

As long as d/d knows exactly WHY you've bought it for her hmm

syberia Fri 09-Dec-11 08:50:39

It is a good idea, but I am not sure about giving them as a Christmas present! Maybe a pre-Christmas present? Just between the two of you?

em Fri 09-Dec-11 08:52:59

Agree with Syberia. Good idea from supportive mum but maybe just a bit more discreet not to hand this particular gift over with main pressies.

grannyactivist Fri 09-Dec-11 08:57:42

What a thoughtful gift jingl - but I agree that maybe it should be given 'on the sly'. wink

jingl Fri 09-Dec-11 09:00:06

OH, alright then!

Good job I asked. grin

Notsogrand Fri 09-Dec-11 09:02:29

Mmmm....not sure jings. No doubt she'll be pleased to receive this, but as a Christmas present? With other people around? As she's still quite a way off from the golden age of occasionally damp gussets, she may want the potential for this to be a little lower profile. Further down the line feels a better time to be 'out in the open' about it. For example, I wouldn't mind receiving a bumper pack of Tena Lady under the tree, all done up with swirly ribbons. grin

Ariadne Fri 09-Dec-11 09:03:22

My DD's on the way there too. Will remember the wee giftgrin

grannyactivist Fri 09-Dec-11 09:07:48

Wee gift!! He-he!! grin grin grin

greenmossgiel Fri 09-Dec-11 09:15:16

Good one!! grin

Grannylin Fri 09-Dec-11 09:17:34

hmm ga, you said you had gone!!

jingl Fri 09-Dec-11 09:22:09

Granny-a! grin

harrigran Fri 09-Dec-11 09:26:54

jingl do you want to wear the gift as earrings ? of course you can't put the gift under the tree but I am sure she will love you for your thoughtful present grin

Gally Fri 09-Dec-11 09:47:51

Ooooooh Jingle trust you to be so thoughtful grin

jingl Fri 09-Dec-11 15:18:05

joggin.........

WHAT NEEDS?! shock

I'm not missing anything, am I?

They're not (whisper) dual purpose in any way, are they? [worried now]

jingl Fri 09-Dec-11 15:20:34

No wonder you blushed, Madam! shock

jogginggirl Fri 09-Dec-11 15:41:49

Have you read the product description jingl? blush

JessM Fri 09-Dec-11 15:56:46

Laughing like a drain here. Brilliant. Completely inappropriate mother daughter gift I would say.
Ned thing you will be buying her a vibrator. [trying to keep a straight face emoticon]
I can't find the product description on Amazon, only pictures. How to all those buttony thready bits work? What are they for?
Can I have this gift instead please?

supernana Fri 09-Dec-11 16:36:59

JessM I want to look at the funny pictures on Amazon. What do I type in please? grin
jingle if the gift you propose to give to your daughter fits into a cracker, then why not take the whistle, yo-yo, plastic ring whatever from a bought cracker, and substitute the "gadget" - just make sure that your daughter pulls the right cracker!

jingl Fri 09-Dec-11 16:55:17

Oh right!!!!!!!

Oh well. Good luck to her then. grin

super - you are getting worse! hmm

wink

jingl Fri 09-Dec-11 16:56:35

jess - buy yer own. hmm

I should have expected this response on here!!! hmm

grin

JessM Fri 09-Dec-11 17:30:42

Ok superdupernana follow the link in OP. Then click on the photo. There are 4 small photos at the bottom then, and if you click on them they enlarge.
I think i have worked out what they are - WEIGHTS. You have to clench up and stop the the darn thing dropping out. Gradually increase the weights as you ge more muscular down there...
Imagine if it fell out in the supermarket queue. Excuse me madam, you seem to have dropped something...

Oh dear, Giggling helplessly again. I don't think I have ever laughed so much on my own ever.
Must be careful not to wet myself!!!

gracesmum Fri 09-Dec-11 18:15:13

I am very relieved (pardon the pun) that you seem to be being dissuaded from gift wrapping the aforementioned and therefore are more likely to live through Christmas and still be here in January. I would have a) been mortified, b) killed my mother c) never spoken to her again and all the way through to z) crawled away and died. It might depend on her attitude to the "problem" though- if she has a laugh about it, OK, but if she is at all sensitive your idea sounds like it could go down like a cup of cold sick
Happy gifting!!
We could do a thread on Christmas presents guaranteed to make people never speak to you ever again as long as they live grin