Gransnet forums

Chat

South East Meet-Up

(60 Posts)
Notsogrand Sat 25-Aug-12 18:45:03

Just a toe dipping exercise to see who may be interested.....?

I would. smile

nanaej Tue 28-Aug-12 17:00:03

Am off to Turkey (Istanbul) and Northern Cyprus on 5th October and back on 14th so could squeeze in a get together on 15/16th October!

Notsogrand Tue 28-Aug-12 18:02:08

So we have a few potential dates for a Guildford meet-up......either 21st or 28th September......or 15th/16th October.

I can do any of those dates so if everyone else can add their views/preferences/alternatives, I'll try and narrow it down a bit. smile

mrshat Thu 30-Aug-12 21:06:08

Like Petallus I'm near Watford, also SE but obviously in the middle of nowhere for this exercise! confused

GadaboutGran Thu 30-Aug-12 21:48:55

I could come on the October dates but I'm away until 27th Sept. I'll probably have to come by car from west Berks so details of car parking & costs would be useful.

Like yogagran, I have valued the anonymity of Gransnet. At the Google event involving Gransnet last year we just used our real names. I only identified one person as her strong views on a single topic clearly matched her Gransnet name. Even though I got to know several people, we never asked about our GN id.

yogagran Fri 31-Aug-12 09:32:34

I can't do the 16th October but could do the other ones

baNANA Fri 31-Aug-12 13:46:29

I may have to go away for a few days around 22 Sept, but don't know for sure yet.

Notsogrand Fri 31-Aug-12 15:59:59

Just back from a few days away....I'll collate the information so far and get back with likely date/s over the weekend. smile

Notsogrand Sat 01-Sep-12 08:18:59

Ist of September? Where did summer go?

It looks as though Monday 15th October will be the best date for our meet-up in Guildford. I'll start a fresh thread so we can confirm planning and get excited!! smile

gramps Sat 01-Sep-12 09:09:21

Dear Ladies,
I think I will have to forgo the unique pleasure of meeting you at "The Do".
So many things happening in the Gramps household. and I'm a slow and sometimes sloppy eater.
I don't want to show myself up -- also can't find a posh enough Charity Shop that sells my size in corsets!
The mini skirt I tried on was VERY short and barely covered my credentials! Mrs. G is still laughing!! blush

Some elderly woman called the police and I was nearly booked on several charges. Disturbing the piece and idelicate behaviour being the only ones I remember! confused

You all get it sorted like, and 'ave a great time!

I'll look forward to hearing all the moans re. weight probs later!! grin