Gransnet forums

Chat

Extra hours sleep tonight - yippeeeeee

(34 Posts)
Soupy Sat 27-Oct-12 09:38:37

Well folks, the clocks go back tonight so we'll all get an extra hour in bed.

DH and I are going out for a group meal with about 20 other people and it's over an hours drive each way so I'm thrilled we get a bit of a lie in tomorrow.

Not really looking forward to the dark afternoons to come though.

annodomini Sun 28-Oct-12 10:54:08

Woke up at 5-ish, read for an hour then my eyes closed again and I woke up at 8.30. Got up somewhat later and am now watching recorded Andrew Marr show. And it's a horrid morning out there - no incentive to go beyond the back door. wink

annodomini Sun 28-Oct-12 10:54:57

Thanks Tech, for the Halloween emoticons! grin

Pud Sun 28-Oct-12 11:18:18

All house work done - and now wondering how to spend the rest of the morning cos weather is rubbish and can't get out in the garden. Hope body clock will be back to normal tomorrow! (Smile).

Pud Sun 28-Oct-12 11:20:48

Just found square brackets on iPad smile

merlotgran Sun 28-Oct-12 11:33:03

DH let the dogs out at THEIR normal time. I pretended to be asleep. I had a lovely mug of tea in bed and read my book for an hour. DH then climbed back into bed and turfed me out as he reckoned it was time for HIS lie in! confused

harrigran Sun 28-Oct-12 11:40:39

I woke up an hour earlier, as I knew I would. Graciously allowed DH to bring me breakfast in bed and read my book for an hour. Off soon to collect GD as it is half term and Mummy and Daddy have to go to work.

tanith Sun 28-Oct-12 11:43:08

We both woke at 5 and then managed another 2 hrs dozing on and off, I always do Sunday morning cuppa in bed watching the news till match of the day then I either get up or read my kindle . We were still up and breakfasted by 9:30 I've repotted a couple of orchids and got the veg ready for dinner later... now OH has gone for his Sunday practice with his snooker team and I can play away to my hearts content.. I love Sunday either one of my daughters usually calls in for tea and a chat and I have Chocolate cream cheese brownies that I baked yesterday if the granddaughters tag along too...

whenim64 Sun 28-Oct-12 11:43:47

I went to bed at twelve, read for ten minutes and got up at nine! Don't know what happened there, but great to have a good night's sleep smile