Gransnet forums

Chat

Snow

(114 Posts)
cinnamonstix Thu 17-Jan-13 20:14:46

Does anyone know if it's going to be bad in London and the South East?

On the Met Office map it's yellow? www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/se/se_forecast_weather.html

Stansgran Sat 26-Jan-13 09:52:40

At least they flew in. My DH is flying in to Newcastle about 10.30 tonight and I'm flying on Monday. The sun (yes there really is one still there) is shining but there is a scouring wind. GC had a soaring temperature and then a nosebleed at 4.30am. Mainly because they leave layers of clothes at school .

annodomini Sat 26-Jan-13 10:01:43

Here in NE Cheshire it rained all night and it's weird to think that not many miles away, the snow was causing such chaos on the local motorways.

HUNTERF Sat 26-Jan-13 10:14:44

A big sheet of semi icy snow has slipped off my roof on to the drive.
It was lucky my car was still in the garage and nobody was walking there at the time.
I think I will leave my car where it is today.

Frank

annodomini Sat 26-Jan-13 10:27:44

Suddenly it looks quite spring-like outside though I haven't put my nose out there yet. The other day I noticed that the snowdrops were budding, so if the sun stays with us, perhaps they will be out soon.

HUNTERF Sat 26-Jan-13 10:31:05

Just seen another big lot of snow fall from a roof. May be best to stay in for a while.

Frank

Nelliemoser Sat 26-Jan-13 10:40:17

Anno it didnt rain at all in South East Cheshire where I am. These weather effects can be very localised. Its bright and still snowy here now.

annodomini Sat 26-Jan-13 11:15:37

Nellie, I think this town has its own micro-climate! We often seem to buck the trend.

gracesmum Sat 26-Jan-13 13:28:40

Funny how a glimmer of sun makes one think of spring - but I fear there's a long way to go! However sun shining her, snow melting so enjoy while I can as it's going to rain and rain next I understand!

Ella46 Sat 26-Jan-13 16:12:42

No rain here either anno but the snow has just about melted away now.

annodomini Sat 26-Jan-13 16:26:11

Funny old climate here, Ella. My neighbour was in Wilmslow last night It was snowing and she found the road tricky on the way back here, until she got to the top of the hill at the Deanswater after which there was no snow on the roads at all and it was raining!

HUNTERF Sun 27-Jan-13 07:58:24

Snow has mainly gone now. I can see a bit a snowman in the garden but that will soon be gone.
There was certainly water rushing in the drains last night. I could hear it from my front door.
I will be re stocking my freezer over the next couple of days.

Frank

absent Sun 27-Jan-13 09:20:18

It's all flood warnings from today onwards. It never rains but it pours…

gma Sun 27-Jan-13 14:32:58

Whoopee !!!!!!! Its a lovely day here, after early rain!!! The sun is shining, the wind is blowing, the sky is a brilliant blue and for the first time since Christmas I have washing on the line and its dry!!!!!! What a lovely sight!!!! grin