Gransnet forums

Chat

Money can be a curse

(108 Posts)
petra Mon 25-Mar-13 15:56:02

By this I mean: if I didn't have any money I wouldn't be in the situation that I am now of one DD accusing me of giving more to the other DD.
This is totally untrue. The trouble is, the accuser is in a bad way with her health and her love life and she wants to lash out at someone.
I wish I had had a warning, then I could have put the crash helmet on LOL.

HUNTERF Fri 29-Mar-13 09:38:09

Hi shysal

There have been no problems with the previous babies but my daughter is having the baby in hospital.
She must have confidence in the hospital as she works there.
When she was in a private hospital once for 5 days she said it was difficult to forget she was not at work and she was almost tempted to help the staff.

Frank

Movedalot Fri 29-Mar-13 09:40:30

On a serious point, if you marry after you have written your will siad will becomes invalid. If you want to leave your property to someone other than the new spouse you do need to make another will after the marriage.

HUNTERF Fri 29-Mar-13 10:07:37

Movedalot

You are totally correct.
I think however there are a lot of people about who think if a person gets married again and the son / daughter owns half the house through inheritance from the mother the son / daughter loses that half of the house to the second wife which is incorrect.
Also as I have said before even if my father had willed his half to a new wife I am not sure what would have happened because it said in the land certificate the house could not be sold, transferred or charged without the consent of all owners.
I am not sure if the will would have taken priority or the land certificate clause.

Frank

absent Fri 29-Mar-13 10:10:25

Does it matter now?

HUNTERF Fri 29-Mar-13 10:24:55

absent

To me it does not matter as long as I don't get any more hustle from my father's ex's supporters.
My experience may be used to illustrate the pitfalls of care fees and second wives / husbands in the future.

My granddaughters are on the way now so I am unlikely to come in to Gransnet for a few hours.

Oh I am wrong. They have just arrived.

Frank

Galen Fri 29-Mar-13 11:51:00

He does talk about his dog occasionally. Oh and also unwanted trees

soop Fri 29-Mar-13 16:39:42

Ejoy being with your family, Frank I look forward to hearing that your latest grandchild has joined the clan. Would be lovely to be an Easter babe. smile