Gransnet forums

Chat

And the vote for the worst customer services goes to..........

(30 Posts)
gillybob Wed 20-Nov-13 08:11:24

IKEA !

Cutting a very long story short. I have been trying to help sort a problem for my sister, with some faulty wardrobes purchased from IKEA. Telephoning customer services you are warned that you are in a queue and that your estimated wait will be 60 minutes ! I was in hold for 75 minutes before they eventually answered. My sister was on hold for 90! During my long wait I decided to email them with the problem and was greeted with a message saying "your query will be answered in an estimated 9 days" . Unbelievable.

Kiora Wed 20-Nov-13 19:59:03

Oh er your an angry lot, you grannetters you. I wouldn't want to cross you. Nice little old ladies....not. Some of your comments made me laugh

Eloethan Wed 20-Nov-13 22:55:21

I love it when they say "your call is important to us" and then keep you holding for another 20 minutes or just cut you off.

LizG Wed 20-Nov-13 23:59:44

BT did exactly that to me Eloethan as does the hospital in Bristol on a regular basis only they don't say that my call is important to them.

Deedaa Thu 21-Nov-13 19:32:31

Wanted to buy a cheap CD player in Tesco on Monday. Huge electrical department, but no one on the shop floor so I joined the queue at the counter where one person was serving. After about 20 minutes, when there were still several people in front of me, I decided I didn't want a CD player that much and went home. I complained to several people on my way out of the store and the only response I got was "Oh dear"! Well it's them losing the sales!