Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday

(88 Posts)
12Michael Sun 09-Mar-14 06:51:52

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a nice bright start here in Brackley today, and hope it stays nice.
Mick

NanKate Sun 09-Mar-14 07:00:21

Hello Mick and all Gransnetters.

We are set for a lovely day here in the Thames Valley. Will take a picnic to the nearest National Trust place. smile

DebnCreme Sun 09-Mar-14 07:29:32

Good morning everyone. It is glorious sunshine iin Somerset which makes the world seem a better place. flowers to you all.

PRINTMISS Sun 09-Mar-14 07:45:21

Good morning all, a lovely morning which looks set to turn into a pleasant day. Thank you all for your good wishes yesterday. We enjoyed our day with our daughter and grand-daughter - son in law was at Brighton Amex, can't keep him away from his football (and would not want to, he is a really nice man, has problems with his own mum, and needs a bit of light entertainment). Enjoy your days everyone.

Brendawymms Sun 09-Mar-14 08:10:08

Good morning all. A lovely day to come in East Sussex. Doesn't a bit of sun make us feel better.

Lona Sun 09-Mar-14 08:29:31

Good morning, the sunshine is dazzling! Hurrah!
I'm having coffee with a friend, so no lolling about this morning, hope you all enjoy your day smile

annodomini Sun 09-Mar-14 08:47:13

Bright and beautiful morning. Yellow pompoms on cornus mas glowing in the sunlight.

Galen Sun 09-Mar-14 08:49:48

Cloudless sky. Going shooting!

Ariadne Sun 09-Mar-14 08:52:59

i thank you God for this most amazing by E. E. Cummings

i thank You God for this most amazing
day:for the leaping greenly spirits of trees
and a blue true dream of sky;and for everything
wich is natural which is infinite which is yes

(i who have died am alive again today,
and this is the sun's birthday;this is the birth
day of life and love and wings:and of the gay
great happening illimitably earth)

how should tasting touching hearing seeing
breathing any-lifted from the no
of all nothing-human merely being
doubt unimaginable You?

(now the ears of my ears awake and
now the eyes of my eyes are opened)

Exactly!

Nelliemoser Sun 09-Mar-14 08:59:04

Good morning all. It looks very sunny outside. I am finishing a cup of tea and I am about to starting cleaning the kitchen floor! Before 9am on a Sunday morning! How about that to put you all to shame. wink

MrsM Sun 09-Mar-14 08:59:46

Wall to wall sunshine from the get-go today and forecast to last till nightfall. Anyone else think this is ammunition for moving the Spring clock change forward 4 weeks, at least?
I cleaned and test-fired the barbecue yesterday, so will cook the Sunday roast in it today ... just because I can! If we are able to eat outside, that will be wonderful but I think that might be pushing it a bit

Dragonfly1 Sun 09-Mar-14 09:13:25

Morning, and what a beauty it is. Off out with DD and DGSs this morning to return a pair of school shoes she bought for DGS1 yesterday. When she got them out of the box DD noticed that the Velcro straps are badly scuffed! I don't mind tagging along - I like shoe shops......

NfkDumpling Sun 09-Mar-14 09:16:13

Thank you Ariadne. Lovely pome. Beautiful day!

DH is varnishing the bare wood bits on the boat today, so it's gardening for me again. Pristine it'll be. The only time on the year it is as my garden tends to be a bit blousey.

Have a wonderful day everyone. sunshine

dogsdinner Sun 09-Mar-14 09:16:22

beautiful day down here too, off surfing (not me personally) with GS and disabled group this afternoon. long may it last.

baubles Sun 09-Mar-14 09:35:11

Good morning everyone, glad the sun is shining on some of you I'm sure it will eventually reach us in cold, wet, Central Scotland. envy

Off to celebrate DGD's 4th birthday today. sunshine

whenim64 Sun 09-Mar-14 09:38:22

A lovely, sunny spring day here. Son and DIL staying over so a leisurely breakfast to look forward to when they emerge after a late night.

Roderick Sun 09-Mar-14 09:54:25

Good morning all,a lovely morning in Loughborough

Roderick Sun 09-Mar-14 09:54:26

Roderick Sun 09-Mar-14 09:54:29