Gransnet forums

Chat

Things I like about Gransnet

(44 Posts)
NanKate Sun 09-Mar-14 19:18:25

That none of my family can read what I am saying.
That I can have a good laugh with other Gransnetters
There is someone there to respond most of the time

What do you like ?

MiniMouse Mon 10-Mar-14 10:10:01

I love the fact that GNs are so welcoming. As a new girl I was a little wary of joining, but I'm so glad I did.

I had become very antisocial - here comes the boring bit! - as I had a bad relapse of ME last year and it really took its toll. Getting back into the swing of things has been difficult, so meeting GNs virtually has been quite a tonic smile and I've already met up with one GN in Real Life!

There's so much fun, wit, knowledge and wisdom on here that it makes the phrase 'I must get out more' redundant!

jinglbellsfrocks Mon 10-Mar-14 10:12:32

And....someone puts the boot in again. hmm

Is there really any point to GN at all?

grumppa Mon 10-Mar-14 10:37:58

Very well put, POGS.

Galen Mon 10-Mar-14 10:58:04

Does there have to be a point? jingle?

Galen Mon 10-Mar-14 10:59:16

You might just as well ask ' is there a point to jingle?

jinglbellsfrocks Mon 10-Mar-14 11:50:57

!!! Thanks for that Galen.

Galen Mon 10-Mar-14 11:57:42

My pleasure dear Eglantinesmile

Agus Mon 10-Mar-14 12:30:24

I enjoy dipping in and out of GN for a blether, exchange of advice, support and different views which can sometimes change my perspective on certain subjects.

Mainly keep my time on GN lighthearted and deal with more serious issues elsewhere.

I can't however be bothered responding to contentious posts or posters and I just leave the thread.

PRINTMISS Mon 10-Mar-14 16:30:03

I just like browsing, there is so much information on here, and such knowledgable people - blow those who find fault and are nasty - they might have sad lives, so positive thinking, enjoy the site and stick with what you like - I love just saying 'Good morning' (comes with a lot of chat at times, but that's me!)

TriciaF Mon 10-Mar-14 16:44:25

I'm so glad to be able to read and share views which some younger people think no longer have value.
What goes round comes round?

ninathenana Tue 11-Mar-14 00:05:00

Interesting you should mention cliques dorsetpenn. It has at times felt that way to me to.

grannyactivist Tue 11-Mar-14 00:45:10

I'm going to stick to the thread title and say what I DO like about Gransnet.
I have received tremendous support from gransnetters who have helped me get through some very tough times. I enjoy the breadth of discussion, the variety of topics and the diversity of opinion. I have taken vicarious pleasure in reading news of 'highs' and similarly I have sympathised, or empathised with many of the 'lows'. The picture threads often delight me and although I rarely contribute to the 'virtual' threads I'm glad that they give enjoyment to so many. I feel privileged to have shared in some very special events; births, deaths, etc. I have attended two meet ups and have been delighted with the face to face experience and the hospitality I have received. (Thanks Gally)
In short, (yes, I know I've already gone on for far too long) I like almost everything about being part of this online community. smile

kittylester Tue 11-Mar-14 06:51:30

Couldn't have put it any better GA - my sentiments entirely.

NanKate Tue 11-Mar-14 06:59:18

Very well put GA. Your post has summed up just how I feel.

jinglbellsfrocks Tue 11-Mar-14 09:04:53

Can't believe I have now posted exactly what I cooked for dinner on Sunday, and a link to the bra I wear! hmm

There is only us reading this, isn't there? smile

rosesarered Tue 11-Mar-14 11:39:38

Yes Jingl I suspect that is true.

dustyangel Tue 11-Mar-14 18:10:02

GA you have put it far better than I could have done and as for it being a too long a thread, well you've posted for at least 3 of us. grin

dustyangel Tue 11-Mar-14 18:19:22

Sorry, phone rang when I was typing, I meant post not thread.