Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday

(34 Posts)
12Michael Tue 17-Jun-14 06:53:15

Good Morning Everyone,
Looking cloudy with some blue, but windy and cooll.
Mick

Ariadne Tue 17-Jun-14 11:47:24

Welcome, davestan!

As phoenix says, it is a beautiful day here in Devon. We are off to a celebration with the Rotary Club of Tiverton this afternoon, then down to visit another club in Kingsbridge this evening. Looking forward to it all - nice to be a bit more mobile, even if I can't yet drive. But wine!!!!

davestan Tue 17-Jun-14 11:49:57

Thanks dustyangel! Have a nice day! Dave x

HollyDaze Tue 17-Jun-14 12:14:22

Good afternoon - another lovely sunny and warm day here.

Had a chap come to the house this morning to give a quote for looking after the garden (other chap has decided he prefers doing DIY) and he tried to do a 3-point turn in my road with is a very narrow road and the entire wheel came off his truck! His truck was literally across the whole road blocking off entrance and exit - drivers were not pleased. He had to wait for an hour for the AA and then the AA turns up on a motorbike - he isn't going to tow that truck far with that!

About 30 mins later, another vehicle came and dragged the truck onto a flatbed so at least it's been moved. I felt so sorry for the chap, he won't be able to work for a couple of days now.

sparkygran Tue 17-Jun-14 13:29:48

Good afternoon everyone and welcome davestan I`m a newbie too. Very hot and sunny in N Ireland dare I say it "too hot for me".

This morning at my painting group but no inspiration same as most of the others as well we were all `too damned hot`.

numberplease Tue 17-Jun-14 17:11:19

Welcome Davestan. It`s been a lovely warm, sunny day here, nice to go out minus coat for a change, even if it was to spend time at the hospital.

AlieOxon Tue 17-Jun-14 19:54:06

I painted the floor of my outside loo!

Lona Tue 17-Jun-14 20:05:12

I painted the rest of my fence!

Agus Tue 17-Jun-14 20:52:38

I didn't get my shed painted. Ran out of time and energy!