Gransnet forums

Chat

'Bo Peeps Arms' (formerly Pete's Bar) reopening night

(350 Posts)
boheminan Sun 03-Aug-14 22:52:40

Pete's old place has been empty for a while now but a few of us 'regulars' slipped down the lane one night, prised away a few planks holding the door on, and are now squatting in the public bar.

The tea-lights add an interesting 'dimension' to the bar (plus magically erase wrinklesgrin).

It needs cleaning up a bit - so laydees come along, bring rags/buckets/mops - and whatever else you can lay your mitts on to swab the decks down. I've brought a box of Country Manor perry - so bring your own tin mugs and we'll get started. The planned Grand Opening Night is tomorrow…so someone will need to nip down to the shop and get in a few bottles. Glam are you okay with rustling up some sausages rolls? you could put a bit of that green stuff (parsley?) on them to make them look posh…..

Ana Mon 04-Aug-14 20:07:51

Phew! Thanks, merlot...

MrsPickle Mon 04-Aug-14 20:41:35

Right, puppy's teeth have been filed to precision sharpness for twine chewing. She is having a mad half hour in preparation.

Thank you Elegran. Some forums use the 'View first unread post' and I just wondered if this did.

glammanana Mon 04-Aug-14 21:28:47

Boheminan All the bottled beer is in the back seat of my car,I got a bargain at the cash & carry it sort of fell off a wagon as it was being delivered hmm
I have given up on asking for payment for supplies as there are loads of IOU's still on the spike from when pete was here it was probably a genuine mistake though as he did tend to forget when he had had a few halves.
I've brought in a large pan of scouse and beetroot it went down well last time so help yourselves,mines a large Brandy & Coke easy on the coke please, feet up on the bar is not allowed, will some one tell that ex-beatle bloke in the corner he is certainly out of tune,better still lets have some idea's for the juke box to liven things up.grin wine & wine

merlotgran Mon 04-Aug-14 21:37:56

Bohemian Rhapsody. In honour of the landlady grin

Lona Mon 04-Aug-14 21:39:38

MrsPickle You could also use the bookmark facility, at the top , Customise next to Flip!

Ana Mon 04-Aug-14 21:39:45

Yes, that should drown out Macca - I don't think he can hear himself any more due to all that head-shaking in his heyday...hmm

merlotgran Mon 04-Aug-14 21:40:58

If he could hear himself he'd pack it in, Ana.

Ana Mon 04-Aug-14 21:43:07

That's what I mean, merlot sad

merlotgran Mon 04-Aug-14 21:43:43

I think he's been at the Black Sheep bitter I left in the shed. I suppose it's OK for vegans as there aren't any......er......sheep actually in it. hmm

POGS Mon 04-Aug-14 21:43:48

Just returned from the Drunken Duck , a friendly place but they keep a pig on the bar as an air freshener. confused

The landlord is a bit worried as he has a feeling Bo Peeps is going to take a bit of his trade.

sparkygran Mon 04-Aug-14 21:44:33

Well hello there Bo Peepers can I join you all I`ll bring along some Pringles you sound just the sort of fun people I like.

merlotgran Mon 04-Aug-14 21:46:52

Hello, sparky. If you've brought your magic piano please keep it away from Macca or we'll have 'Hey Jude' going on for hours and hours and hours and.........

MrsPickle Tue 05-Aug-14 00:19:30

Miss Maniac has chewed though the twine, inaugurated the bar, pinched several sausage rolls, weeed copiously, told people off for lighting up in the bar adea, ingratiated herself with the locals, drunk out of several nearly empty glasses and pronounced herself Miss Maniac of the bar
I ask you.... would you to tolerate her behaviour?
She has said she's the bar mascot and deserves a photo. I have told her to be gone.

boheminan Tue 05-Aug-14 00:54:47

YAY - WE HAVE LIFT OFF….WELCOME EVERYONE TO BO PEEPS ARMS!!! PETE - where are you???

12Michael Tue 05-Aug-14 07:30:37

I saw something the other day which is appropriate " Beer is made from Hops , Hops are a plant so Beer is a salad .
Mick

MrsPickle Tue 05-Aug-14 07:58:57

Miss Maniac has requested me to enquire about your health this morning. She said she'd heard tales of Old Peculiar.
I've told her that old is a state of mind and she should be used to peculiar in our house.

boheminan Tue 05-Aug-14 09:02:48

Who stamped on my head last night (groan)? and where are the firemenhmm

Nonu Tue 05-Aug-14 09:09:00

"SO", by the sounds of things a good time was had by all !!

You all sure know how to PARTY.

Any of that Dom Perignon left ? I could fancy a little later on !!

x

Gagagran Tue 05-Aug-14 09:11:47

Is there any shampoo left? I only got one pint last night then couldn't find the other bottles. Reckon they were given out as raffle prizes. Think I missed the raffle too. Hey ho.

There's some paracetamol and a glass of water here bo - might help.

glammanana Tue 05-Aug-14 09:15:03

The Firemen got called out to The Drunken Duck where the chef had set fire to the kitchen in disgust as all his customers had come here for a good old pie & a pint.
Well done boheminan on your first night 'll pop in later with some goodies for to-night.

merlotgran Tue 05-Aug-14 10:11:20

Just passed Macca stumbling down the road waving V signs. Not sure if they're of the 'Peace and Love' variety or the other kind.

boheminan Tue 05-Aug-14 10:41:46

why is everyone SHOUTING at meconfused

Nonu Tue 05-Aug-14 11:25:23

WELL BOH,

I have heard on grapevine, you know how gossip gets around, that you were swinging on the Chandelier,so perhaps you took a tumble and banged your bonce!!

Just saying !!

So I am sending you a ((hug))

Nonu Tue 05-Aug-14 11:28:17

OH, and some Nuerofen as well they are very good for poorly heads!

grin

sparkygran Tue 05-Aug-14 16:00:06

Got my magic piano how on earth could I have forgotten about it it`s been hiding in a corner for years and now is the time to give it a polish and I`ll wheel it over tonight might need something strong to sustain me though it`s very heavy any shampoo left I missed out?? As far as Macca is concerned will make sure he knows nothing about our music tonight and keeps on stumbling down the long and winding road.