Gransnet forums

Chat

Soop's Kindly Kitcheners

(1001 Posts)
soop Mon 07-Sep-15 16:28:12

Hellooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo cupcake flowers wine sunshine smile

soop Mon 30-Nov-15 16:25:50

Charleygirl You know darn well that you would be bereft without you-know-who.
Rory's daughter - one of a multitude - is getting very fond of Rory's company. She edges very close to him and attempts to give him a gentle head-butt. Rory sits motionless on his mat just inside the back door. Every so often, he taps her very lightly...she backs off...he stays staring at her...she edges closer...and so it continues. Both MacSporran and I spend far too much time watching the antics through the bedroom window. tbgrin

Thank you Lona ...a wee dram will be enjoyed later this evening.

Charleygirl Mon 30-Nov-15 16:54:23

soop I know but I am hoping that the tide has turned. She was out at 7am but came back for a very early lunch at 11am and stayed for a long snooze. The house was cosy so she liked that. She had gone when I returned after shopping but came back around 3.30pm, more food and has retired to bed. It is very windy here but mild for December. No snow yet but it is not cold enough for snow thank goodness.

Do you think that Rory's daughter would move in with him if he paid any attention to her? Obviously this would be over a lengthy period of time.

No more tennis- I have a feeling that I may have to start writing Christmas cards.

Alea Mon 30-Nov-15 21:49:16

Oh I am very excited! Santa has come early with a shiny new big Kenwood Chef to replace the old one which I had had for 36 years and exploded in a puff of acrid smoke 18 months ago (I felt at the time I could neither afford not justify a new one). I HAVE missed it, and I have kept its place in the corner of the kitchen more in hope than expectation.
Look out Mary Berry and Nigella! This domestic goddess hmm is back in business! grin

Charleygirl Mon 30-Nov-15 22:17:06

Alea that is fabulous- can we expect loads of goodies when the kitchen is extended?

Alea Mon 30-Nov-15 22:53:42

Lots and lots of cupcakecupcakecupcake!!
(DH has clocked up a few Brownie points here smile )

soop Tue 01-Dec-15 16:40:18

Hello...I'm sorry to be checking in this late in the day. I went to visit the ladies in the care home this morning. Then there was shopping to do. Then I decided to look at ponchos on eBay. I found a few very decently priced brand new items that I'm "watching" at the moment. I thought that my granddaughters might find a poncho to be useful at this time of the year.

Charleygirl No! Rory's daughter would not wish to live indoors. She is extremely shy where we are concerned. She does enjoy Rory's company (if you can call it that!) Last evening she took to sitting in the wee chalet. I put plenty of newspapers on the floor. This would have made her visit fairly comfortable. She'll turn up fairly soon and I shall put her supper outside (under cover)...as soon as the door closes...out she comes from beneath the hydrangea bush.

Alea...Wow! Good for you. Such a thoughtful and useful gift. We will all expect to be treated to some yummy [cupcakes]. No excuses!

Tomorrow I shall be ironing during the morning. After lunch I shall call by to catch up with our Kitcheners. Can you believe that very soon we shall need yet another kitchen? Doesn't time fly!

Until the morrow love and moon to one and all.

numberplease Tue 01-Dec-15 17:12:57

Soop, I`m in a right old tizzy! The lovely painting that you did of Duke has gone missing! When it arrived, I put it away somewhere safe until I could get a frame...............and now my poor, addled old brain can`t remember where I put it! I`ve ransacked just about every cupboard and drawer in the house, no joy, but it`s here somewhere, just hope I find it before Christmas!

stillhere Tue 01-Dec-15 19:15:26

How awful! I hope it turns up soon.

I have been away staying with a sister for a while, it's good to be back. Last night was my book club's joint dinner, with courses or alcohol provided by each of us six. It was such a lovely evening. The hostess's house was all decorated and her tree is up - it was the first time I have felt at all Christmassy, although our amazing warm weather here hasn't helped with that.

soop Wed 02-Dec-15 17:31:28

number If you cannot locate it, I shall paint another. No worries. grin

Hello again stillhere Your evening sounds lovely. On Friday evening there's to be a "do" in the village hall. Raffle prizes and more besides. After which...the days will whizz by at a rate of knots.

Rory is getting along really well with his daughter cat. They have touched noses. He didn't give her his customary tap, as if to say...^mind your manners^. I spend far too long watching the two of them together.

judthepud The postal service should hang it's head in shame. I shall check with you again in the morning. I am fast losing my patience and I do apologise for the unwarranted delay.

Crafting Wed 02-Dec-15 18:48:33

Alea you know the kitcheners are always ready to scoff sample any cakes going so do try out your new mixer soon grin
Oh number I feel for you. It is so maddening when you can't find things you know you have put somewhere safe (have you tried top of the wardrobe, behind the sofa, under the bed). Hope you find it soon.

Soop ponchos are very in at the moment. I'm sure your granddaughters will love it if you can get them. Good luck with the purchasing.

numberplease Wed 02-Dec-15 22:26:12

Soop, I would hate to ask you to paint another, and I feel so disrespectful for losing it. It`s so annoying, knowing that it IS in the house somewhere.
Crafting, I think the one place I haven`t looked is under the bed, but I never put anything under there, but I will try there when I go up to bed later.

Charleygirl Thu 03-Dec-15 12:03:56

numberplease use my ploy- look for something else and it will turn up. I could not find my driving licence so I tried to forget about it. Decided that I needed batteries for something- looked in a drawer and the first thing I saw was my licence- no batteries but by then I did not care about them.

soop Thu 03-Dec-15 12:59:12

Hello to you lovely Kitcheners...it is colder and drier. That's a bonus after days on end of rain.

number I usually store such things as paintings between heavy books. Do you have a magazine rack in which the painting is loitering? I mean what I say...if you cannot find it then I shall paint another. Keep searching as you seem certain that it is in the house somewhere. Please keep me updated. It isn't too late for me to start another. smile

A painting that I posted to jud in the main post office in Campbeltown on Friday last has not be delivered. I'm livid with the postal services, I shall take the receipt in to the PO tomorrow and ask some pertinent questions. I feel very sad for jud confused

soop Thu 03-Dec-15 17:19:33

Time for me to sign off and do other stuff. Tortoiseshell kitten and Rory are almost sitting side by side on his mat...she is very plucky and I love her for it.

Post office visit in the morning. I am not in the mood to be given lame excuses. The portrait took a long time to paint. How come it has disappeared into the ether! I did put the sender's name on the back. Spittin' tacks...angry

number Any luck regarding your painting? Oh, I do hope so. smile

We may need to open the new kitchen very soon. I shall check our status tomorrow afternoon. moon

Charleygirl Thu 03-Dec-15 17:57:24

"soop* it would be nice to be settled in the kitchen before the really cold weather comes. I know I shouldn't but I do love home baked cakes.

The kitten sounds as though she wants to make friends with Rory. Good luck to her because he knows what side his bread is buttered.

Tara came home at 5pm and has retired to bed - must have been an exhausting day keeping one eye and ear open for predators.

numberplease Thu 03-Dec-15 18:17:20

Will post again later, but for now, A BIG SIGH OF RELIEF! I found the painting! It was in a place where I`d already searched 3 times, I`m sure somebody up there is playing tricks. And no Crafting, it wasn`t under the bed.

Nelliemoser Thu 03-Dec-15 19:09:37

Number I have "lost" things and then found them in the place I could not find them the first time around.You are not alone.

Crafting Thu 03-Dec-15 21:34:45

Well done number. So glad you found it. I don't suppose you found my missing car keys in the same place did you confused.

soop hope your missing portrait turns up too.

Charleygirl Thu 03-Dec-15 22:23:47

That is great news numberplease- you can sleep well tonight.

Crafting because my brain is so dizzy these days I leave house keys in one spot and car keys in a different spot so that way I rarely loose either.

soop good luck with your trip to the PO or whatever they call themselves nowadays. Snail mail should not be in existence in this day and age.

numberplease Thu 03-Dec-15 22:25:55

Sorry Crafting, no car keys. A load of odd socks though. I always put any odd socks I find after washing in a certain cupboard, then every now and again I get them all out for a pairing up session. But I never get more than 2 or 3 pairs out of them, so where all the other partner socks go is another mystery of this house! At least I can now get a frame for the painting, then wrap it for my daughter`s Christmas present.

Charleygirl Thu 03-Dec-15 22:35:43

number maybe the socks arrive here because that is my problem also. Where do they go?

Galen Thu 03-Dec-15 22:45:04

Perhaps We should have a "matching odd socks thread"?
Who knoes what unlikely friendships might result!

Alea Thu 03-Dec-15 23:52:13

DGS aged 4 has always insisted on wearing odd socks ever since he has been old enough to put them on himself. We just accept that as NFT (normal for Toby) tchgrin
I have actually bought SIL a pair if very posh Paul Smith odd socks for Christmas so that he can follow his trendsetting son.

Alea Thu 03-Dec-15 23:58:49

Should wear my glasses, that should of course be a pair of etc.
You may have seen in the Pets thread that Grace is probably going to put me up for rehoming as I managed to catch her tail in the back door on her way in from the garden this evening.
She -bled everywhere! It is a very long and strong tail and she tends to thwack it against the doorframe, pedal bin, radiator etc so blood has sprayed everywhere as well as dripping all over the kitchen floor blush
I don't know whether greyhounds bleed particularly easily, but they are used for blood donation so it is possible. Also being white it shows up more!
I have attempted a bandage but the only one I had was red so it looks even worse.
<hangs head in shame for being such a bad human.

thatbags Fri 04-Dec-15 08:12:30

Morning all! This is the Last Post! Haste thee over to soop's new kitchen.

Er... should I open the new extension? soop will be out this morning, I think.

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion