Gransnet forums

Chat

Tips for keeping trim over Christmas

(35 Posts)
minimo Wed 02-Dec-15 12:19:34

It's only the 2nd of Dec and I can already feel my waistband cutting into me. We've had two birthday celebrations in November and a weekend visiting friends and of course I had to start sampling the shop's mince pies to decide which are best... wink I usually don't worry too much at Christmas time but I've really tried hard this year to lose some weight healthily and am very happy with my size. Would hate to see all that good work go to waste. Any good tips to stay healthy/trim without going antisocial?

M0nica Thu 03-Dec-15 19:55:45

Another convert to the 5:2 diet. I lost 2 stone and I have maintained the loss for 18 months. It broke my 'eyes bigger than tummy' syndrome - and my tummy was large!

Come Christmas day, I will tuck into lunch with gusto and comfortablyand happily ignore food, and most sweet or alcoholic drinks for the rest of the day.

Lynnekovan1969 Wed 09-Dec-15 10:58:16

I have found that I can eat more or less anything I fancy, but just far less of it than I used to. This means I don't have special low calorie foods for me, and miss out on what everyone else it having. I just eat small quantities and never have second helpings. If you wait about ten minutes after you have finished eating you become aware that you're actually full. Previously I would have just gone on eating until I was stuffed.
So don't miss out on anything and feel deprived, just eat little amounts. Avoiding eating between meals is also a good idea.
Good luck!

HildaW Wed 09-Dec-15 12:54:56

Lynne....yes its never a good idea to feel you are denying yourself....to label foods good and bad. In this day and age of cheap mass produced food, I much prefer little and good and will always take home-made over shop bought if possible.

Qusharel Fri 28-Oct-22 19:02:25

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk guidelines.

Lathyrus Fri 28-Oct-22 19:08:37

oh dear a very old thread resurrected.

Don’t be taken in

Callistemon21 Fri 28-Oct-22 19:17:49

Reported!

AussieGran59 Tue 01-Nov-22 23:40:02

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Witzend Wed 02-Nov-22 08:28:49

No mince pies until 1st December is about as far as I go. Luckily I’m not tempted by shop ones - I prefer the trad little homemade ones, with comparatively thin pastry.

silverlining48 Wed 02-Nov-22 08:41:18

7 year old thread and Christmas is coming again, but nothing really changes does it. Probably wise words of advice then as now.
My problem isn’t actually Christmas but afterwards when I finish up all that is left over.