Gransnet forums

Chat

Congratulations

(64 Posts)
Anniebach Tue 12-Jan-16 09:41:14

To Rupert Murdoch and Jerry Hall on their engagement , I wish them a very long and happy marriage . Wonderful to see two people so in love grin

NanKate Tue 12-Jan-16 21:32:11

I would rather enter a nunnery than get into bed with Rupert Murdoch shock. No doubt RM would find me less attractive than Jerry Hall.

Lucky Mr.NanKate still let's me into the marital bed, I'm good for warming up his cold feet grin

WilmaKnickersfit Tue 12-Jan-16 22:04:45

Ironically it was Jerry who sued for divorce, only to find the High Court agreed with Mick's legal team that the marriage was not legal. There was a settlement which was called an annulment settlement and part of the agreement was keeping the details secret.

She's not even 60 yet, so why is she marrying an 84 year old man? I'm not saying they're not in love, but can only think it's as much about being companions as anything else. The speculation is that he will settle money on her as part of a prenuptial agreement, which she'll have no reason to spend a penny of during the marriage. He's so wealthy that even if he only settled a small fraction of his wealth on her, his family would be unlikely to notice.

I know it's shallow, but I don't like to think about them having sex! blush

Iam64 Wed 13-Jan-16 08:29:52

Wilma, that's simple - don't think about it grin

glammanana Wed 13-Jan-16 08:44:07

Its a partnership which I find hard to imagine really,her a tall blonde model and him a rather unattractive specimen of a man but they must have found some common ground and we can't say that he doesn't have some good points she finds attractive (apart from a spare few million £s)but I would personally have to go a very long way to find any good points in him.

annsixty Wed 13-Jan-16 08:46:11

The photograph of Miss Hall in today's DT shows she is no beauty either without the airbrushing.Oh miaow!!

Alea Wed 13-Jan-16 08:46:38

OP Anniebach grin we really need an "ironic" emoticon, don't we?

Cynically (moi?) I wonder if Murdoch's offspring are panicking about watching their inheritance disappear?

jinglbellsfrocks Wed 13-Jan-16 09:40:06

It's slightly amusing that posters object vigorously to a few hours of television time given over to the death of a pop icon, whilst continuing several threads about these two. Really confused

(as I have said on the other thread)

Anniebach Wed 13-Jan-16 09:43:21

Few hours of tv time jingle? Over twelve hours is not a few hours

WilmaKnickersfit Wed 13-Jan-16 09:50:08

She's 59 and I think she looks great. She came over really well when she was on Strictly - very down to earth. It's occurred to me that when we're asked about role models for older women, it's always Helen Mirren that gets the vote. Jerry gets my vote, embracing getting older and leaving her face to get on with it. Just need to work on avoiding thinking about the sex! grin

jinglbellsfrocks Wed 13-Jan-16 09:54:06

It's still more understandable than this lt ab. confused

I quite like Jerry Hall. Have done since she used to be on something with Clive James, years back.

jinglbellsfrocks Wed 13-Jan-16 09:54:17

this lot

Anniebach Wed 13-Jan-16 10:11:02

Jingle this thread is not being broadcast on the BBC, plenty of threads to read and this one can be ignored, how does one ignore over twelve hours broadcasting

trisher Wed 13-Jan-16 10:39:48

12 hours broadcasting is nothing to cover a lifetime of creativity. But back to JH and RM will she wear heels at the wedding? I imagine she pretty well towers over him anyway. Maybe he just goes for variety- wasn't his last wife tiny and Asian?

Penstemmon Wed 13-Jan-16 10:45:33

Comments and programmes across 12 hours of broadcasting as an obit. of David Bowie, an icon of modern British culture, is that what people don't like? i hope ther will be more grin Such an original man.

Rupert M is not , to put it mildly, my cup of tea ..never mind age or appearance which is irrelevant when one is 'in love'! He is by all accounts a rather unpleasant man!

Midwifecf Wed 13-Jan-16 11:16:13

Honestly you all sound very ageist
Rupert Murdoch, because he is an entrepreneur and very dynamic will likely be very exciting to be with
Just because you are in your eighties doesn't mean that you are sexless
Stop imagining it - it's not your business, just hope you are up for it when you are their age.

jinglbellsfrocks Wed 13-Jan-16 11:20:31

The answer to your question ab is just too obvious to post. smile

Penstemmon Wed 13-Jan-16 11:20:35

midwifecf I am sure that power is part of the attraction. Just in my opinion, he uses it badly! So if he was what I thought of as a very handsome 40 year old he would not cut it for me!

Gagagran Wed 13-Jan-16 11:23:00

Jerry once repeated what her Mother had advised her about keeping her man:

"Be a maid in the living room, a chef in the kitchen and a whore in the bedroom"

Jerry said she would hire the maid and the chef! Great sense of humour - hope she keeps it in her new life.

janepearce6 Wed 13-Jan-16 11:50:57

Can you tell me Jerry, what attracted you to the millionaire Rupert Murdoch?

GrandmaH Wed 13-Jan-16 12:50:33

I've never forgiven her for having both Mick Jagger & Bryan Ferry. Not fair. I had posters of them both on my bedroom wall - still would but DH would complain -although I do have a sneaky one of Lawrence Dallagalio in back bedroom where I iron & do my crafts (ex rugby player- totes gorg as my GD would say!)

trisher Wed 13-Jan-16 14:34:05

Maybe getting Murdoch is some sort of karma????

Phoebes Wed 13-Jan-16 16:26:11

RM is a lot shorter than JH, but when he stands on his wallet he's a lot taller!

tiredoldwoman Wed 13-Jan-16 16:35:55

I was horrified at this news, I'd always hoped she would rekindle her romance with Bryan Ferry . When I saw Rupert Murdoch I thought of a boiled frog . Beauty and The Beast .

loopylou Wed 13-Jan-16 16:46:16

He's got 'It'.......never yet found out what 'It' is though being very rich and rather old might help?

Seriously though best of luck to her, he's old enough to be her father (I can't imagine what his ex and their respective children think ?)
Very glad it isn't me!

Elrel Wed 13-Jan-16 17:10:08

Trisher - his last wife was no tiny Oriental do, she was a muscular basketball champion who knew how to land a punch! He must like action women.