Gransnet forums

Chat

Go on ... treat yourself ...!

(82 Posts)
Imperfect27 Fri 26-Feb-16 12:41:34

When was the last time you treated yourself to something and what was it? Would treating yourself mean something big or something little?

It's my birthday tomorrow and I took a long walk into town and back today feeling I could do with a treat as DH has made it known that he hasn't yet got me a present - I think he intended to take me to a garden centre tomorrow, but we have family coming rather unexpectedly. ..

So ... the dizzy height I reached was the thought of buying a Belgian bun (!!!) but my favourite bakery was so busy I gave up. Mind you, I did 'treat' myself to a second hand book from a charity shop. I know how to live! smile

absent Tue 01-Mar-16 08:20:40

I know that there was a day within the last couple of weeks when I bought something and thought "that's a naughty – but nice – self-indulgence" and I am absolutely sure it was, but I can't remember what it actually was. It will almost certainly be something that I shall use over and over again rather than a passing pleasure as I haven't been out for dinner recently and I very rarely eat sweet things. No doubt, when I come to use whatever it is, it will bring a smile to my face all over again.

hummingbird Tue 01-Mar-16 09:24:28

Just back from four days in Marrakech with my friend! We both have birthdays around now, and booked it quite impulsively on a shopping trip. We had an amazing few days, including a vigorous hammam and massage - I've never been so clean! I'm back home relaxed and happy grin

BBbevan Tue 01-Mar-16 09:51:57

SeeingHummingbird's post made me smile as it reminded me of an incident that happened last year My son and his wife went to Marrakesh to celebrate her 40th.birthday. Our granddaughters stayed with us. When they came back they asked their girls if they would like to see their photos. "No thank you" said my eldest granddaughter, then 8yrs old. " we were not invited so we don' t want to see them" A real put down.

annodomini Tue 01-Mar-16 10:11:05

hummingbird envy. This is a good time of year to take a break and preferably somewhere exotic and warm. You had exactly the right idea.

hummingbird Tue 01-Mar-16 23:41:56

That was the thinking Anno, wandering about in the sunshine was the perfect antidote to a wet and windy February! I'm with your gd's, BBbevan - I'd be put out too! grin

jinglbellsfrocks Wed 02-Mar-16 09:58:42

BBbevan grin