Gransnet forums

Chat

The last film you saw ( at the cinema)?

(214 Posts)
rosesarered Thu 17-Mar-16 23:10:28

Are you a regular cinema goer? we only go about four times a year these days, but usually enjoy it so should go more.
What did you go and see last?We saw the latest Bond film ( Dh's choice.)

matson Thu 17-Mar-16 23:15:02

Grimsby.... not impressed!

rosesarered Thu 17-Mar-16 23:19:40

What's Grimsby about? The film, not the place!

tanith Fri 18-Mar-16 03:42:14

The latest Star Wars film not to everyone's taste but having seen all the others couldn't really miss it.

chelseababy Fri 18-Mar-16 06:09:33

Dads Army

Alima Fri 18-Mar-16 06:35:46

Mamma Mia. Before that it was Titanic or The Full Monty. Do not go to the pictures very often!

janeainsworth Fri 18-Mar-16 06:37:17

Bridge of Spies. Brilliant.

JackyB Fri 18-Mar-16 07:10:11

We often go on a Sunday night. The choice of films is usually an action-packed blockbuster because (a) that's the sort DH likes and (b) I don't mind watching them dubbed into German, as the dialogue is not the most important part. The last one we saw was The Revenant. The story was completely muddled, and I found several other things wrong with it.

But I follow the film world very avidly and download all the related podcasts from the BBC to keep up to date.

I doubt if Dad's Army will be showing here in Germany!

Bridge of Spies was brilliant - I agree!

Nannylovesshopping Fri 18-Mar-16 07:23:13

Cinderella, before that Frozen, no prizes for guessing whom I'm with, and I love popcornsmile

Imperfect27 Fri 18-Mar-16 07:31:12

Suffragette. Very good. At the end, the dates that different countries gave women the vote come up shockingly late in some cases. i.e. Switzerland -in the 70s!

Greyduster Fri 18-Mar-16 07:32:18

Dad's Army, and before that the new Star Wars film. We don't go that often but it's a nice way to fill a wet afternoon. I like popcorn too, but not at the prices they charge in the cinema - extortionate - and to add insult to injury, something in the film made me jump and I managed to throw half of it over the man in the seat in front of me!

Grannyknot Fri 18-Mar-16 07:37:20

The new Coen brothers film Hail, Caesar. It's a piss-take on Hollywood and the film industry, and George Clooney is hilarious in it, he just doesn't give a damn about making an idiot of himself.

We seldom go to movies in a cinema these days, this was because we were on holiday in Palma and there was a cinema within walking distance of where we were staying, showing "original version" films.

So we also saw Danny Collins. We kept it light grin

gettingonabit Fri 18-Mar-16 07:42:08

45 Years.

Alima Fri 18-Mar-16 08:02:23

gettingonabit, was that the last time you went or the name of the film. Bit out of the loop when it comes to film titles.

grannylyn65 Fri 18-Mar-16 08:12:03

A Slave ?

Nana3 Fri 18-Mar-16 08:21:37

Kung Fu Panda 3 with GC aged 9 and 12.
Fell asleep for a good half an hour, fortunately they were still there when I woke up and probably didn't notice. blush

Galen Fri 18-Mar-16 08:23:15

The return of the Jedi

gettingonabit Fri 18-Mar-16 08:31:11

alimagrin.

It's a film, starring Tom Courteney and Charlotte Rampling.

It had quite good reviews. I wasn't all that impressed, and my friend walked out half way through.

whitewave Fri 18-Mar-16 08:31:22

Can't remember. Keep intending to go then somehow don't.

ffinnochio Fri 18-Mar-16 08:36:44

The Revenant.

NanaandGrampy Fri 18-Mar-16 08:38:09

London has Fallen this week - it was ok - lots of action and the delectable Gerard Butler .

Last week -The Martian - again it was ok , good film , slow in places but interesting.

We've just discovered Senior Movies - £3 a ticket with a cup of tea and chocolate biscuit thrown in smile

Teetime Fri 18-Mar-16 08:42:46

I love going to the cinema but not too many films I want to see. Our last one was the latest James Bond Spectre which was really good. We go to the big multi plex in Leicester - we have a boutique cinema here but DH has trouble with his ears he find the bigger place better if he can sit directly in the middle. We go in the morning when its almost empty then I don't winge on about people kicking me in the back of the seat, rustling sweetie papers, talking during the film in short being an old baggage! Its quite cheap at that time too. There hasn't been anything else I have wanted to see lately. We watch fils on Netflix etc all the time. I recently watched Still Alice and am rewatching Woody Allen films which are wonderful.

Humbertbear Fri 18-Mar-16 08:44:55

Hail Caesar
London has Fallen
Allegiant
Anomalisa

In the last two weeks.

Summer is coming with those blockbusters so won't be going for a while now

Alea Fri 18-Mar-16 08:47:59

I do worry Nanaandgrampy about these baked projectiles. Do Elfin Safety know about it and have they conducted a proper Risk Assessment? (Especially chocolate biscuits)

TerriBull Fri 18-Mar-16 09:01:38

The Revenant