Gransnet forums

Chat

What do you get up to?

(61 Posts)
Bellanonna Sun 01-May-16 23:50:07

Another tray-on-lap-couple here. Watching telly too, of course. Don't like talking while I'm eating anyway.

numberplease Sun 01-May-16 23:32:56

We`re all slobs here, we don`t even possess a dining table, don`t have room for one.

Jomarie Sun 01-May-16 23:21:20

I turn the heating up !! grin

ninathenana Sun 01-May-16 19:23:50

My Friday night curry is always eaten from the armchair. H sits at the table on his own as he refuses to join S and I.
If H is not around we indulge in our pasta or pizza passion. Neither of which he likes.

Indinana Sun 01-May-16 19:05:28

We generally have our meals on trays on our laps - not least because the dining room table has been completely taken over by my sewing blush. Mind you, my DD and I have been laughing today while eating our dinner as DGD is now at the age (10 months) where she climbs up and wants to touch everything, so her hands have been in our dinner, grabbing the trays, and generally making life difficult for us! Maybe it's time to clear a corner of the table hmm

mollie Sun 01-May-16 18:46:15

Left to my own devices I eat on my lap (well, from a plate on a tray on my lap) but OH prefers to sit at the table because he can't see his lap....grin

Willow500 Sun 01-May-16 18:37:42

Cant eat food sitting in an armchair as it doesn't seem to go down properly but when on my own all my meals are eaten sitting at this desk in front of the pc where I'm currently eating banana sandwiches grin

Charleygirl Sun 01-May-16 18:32:24

There are times when I wonder why I possess a dining room table and chairs because I also dine sitting in my armchair with a tray either on my lap or on the right arm, also watching TV.

Alea I am a slob all of the time.

tiredoldwoman Sun 01-May-16 17:59:58

Eating beans with a spoon straight from the tin when I came home ravenous once - I felt like Mad Max when he ate dog food straight from the can then threw the rest to his dog !

Alea Sun 01-May-16 17:53:08

I have just polished off half of last night's Indian , on a tray while finishing a book on my iPad/Kindle.
What a slob I am when unsupervised!!

kittylester Sun 01-May-16 17:45:14

DH hates eating on his knee so we usually only do so on Saturday nights but he is out for the day so I've had my lamb and jersey royals on my knee while watching a film.

What do you do that is 'against' the rules - either your own rules or ones agreed with your other half?