Gransnet forums

Chat

What do you get up to?

(61 Posts)
kittylester Sun 01-May-16 17:45:14

DH hates eating on his knee so we usually only do so on Saturday nights but he is out for the day so I've had my lamb and jersey royals on my knee while watching a film.

What do you do that is 'against' the rules - either your own rules or ones agreed with your other half?

Alea Sun 01-May-16 17:53:08

I have just polished off half of last night's Indian , on a tray while finishing a book on my iPad/Kindle.
What a slob I am when unsupervised!!

tiredoldwoman Sun 01-May-16 17:59:58

Eating beans with a spoon straight from the tin when I came home ravenous once - I felt like Mad Max when he ate dog food straight from the can then threw the rest to his dog !

Charleygirl Sun 01-May-16 18:32:24

There are times when I wonder why I possess a dining room table and chairs because I also dine sitting in my armchair with a tray either on my lap or on the right arm, also watching TV.

Alea I am a slob all of the time.

Willow500 Sun 01-May-16 18:37:42

Cant eat food sitting in an armchair as it doesn't seem to go down properly but when on my own all my meals are eaten sitting at this desk in front of the pc where I'm currently eating banana sandwiches grin

mollie Sun 01-May-16 18:46:15

Left to my own devices I eat on my lap (well, from a plate on a tray on my lap) but OH prefers to sit at the table because he can't see his lap....grin

Indinana Sun 01-May-16 19:05:28

We generally have our meals on trays on our laps - not least because the dining room table has been completely taken over by my sewing blush. Mind you, my DD and I have been laughing today while eating our dinner as DGD is now at the age (10 months) where she climbs up and wants to touch everything, so her hands have been in our dinner, grabbing the trays, and generally making life difficult for us! Maybe it's time to clear a corner of the table hmm

ninathenana Sun 01-May-16 19:23:50

My Friday night curry is always eaten from the armchair. H sits at the table on his own as he refuses to join S and I.
If H is not around we indulge in our pasta or pizza passion. Neither of which he likes.

Jomarie Sun 01-May-16 23:21:20

I turn the heating up !! grin

numberplease Sun 01-May-16 23:32:56

We`re all slobs here, we don`t even possess a dining table, don`t have room for one.

Bellanonna Sun 01-May-16 23:50:07

Another tray-on-lap-couple here. Watching telly too, of course. Don't like talking while I'm eating anyway.

FarNorth Mon 02-May-16 01:06:13

If I'm on my own I often have the radio playing loudly in the kitchen, ao I can hear it in the rest of the house.

Teetime Mon 02-May-16 08:52:52

Just every now and again (honest) a glass of wine with cheese and biscuits at lunch time and a box set on Netflix.

squirrel5 Mon 02-May-16 09:25:02

Ha ha,I laughed when I saw Jomarie's post,just like me, The heat control thermostat is in the hall, and DH,turns it down, and I go past and turn it up again,much to his annoyance.

Fid Mon 02-May-16 09:40:50

I am a secret trolley surfer down any empty supermarket aisles. Try it.

cloverpark Mon 02-May-16 09:42:11

Several of these posts apply to me too: heating thermostat up; radio up in kitchen and left on even when I go upstairs as I'm bound to be down again before long; and (worst of all in my husband's eyes) when I wash up in the sink, let the water run down the plughole until it's hot enough. Normally we have to run the cold into a bowl until warm enough. This then used to water garden (in summer - sensible) or flush down cloakroom loo other times!

Angela1961 Mon 02-May-16 09:44:12

Turn up the heating. Dh thinks only Green & Blacks or Lindt choc comes into the house - sneak the occasional Cadburys. Also am I the only one who will get up and 'pretend ' I'm busy doing something if I see him coming up the drive ?

mcculloch29 Mon 02-May-16 09:46:37

I live on my own now, so I do as I please. I have to work from home due to severe arthritis in my hip, so luckily I am able to schedule my time my way.
Yesterday I was wearing a real mishmash of clothes that I wouldn't have been seen dead in outside. The only person to witness this was the Amazon delivery guy. As to breaking the rules outside the house, the cycle parking bay outside Aldi is too far from the trolley bay for my trike. So I usually park him (it's a he) tucked under the display board outside or on the open area where people wait for taxis.
I also have special dispensation to cycle in the town centre with him.

belladonna Mon 02-May-16 09:48:09

All of those...pretending I have been busy..when I have been watching telly all day!

Luckygirl Mon 02-May-16 09:50:39

I...very daringly....... drink water from the upstairs taps!!

SusieB50 Mon 02-May-16 10:09:05

Watch Heir Hunters after Breakfast TV in my PJ's if DH is still asleep after a night of insomnia - him not me !

Venus Mon 02-May-16 10:09:12

When I'm on my own, I get out my secret hoard of chocolate!

Jalima Mon 02-May-16 10:16:23

Pretending to do family history research or something else important on the pc when in fact I am on GN.

Theoddbird Mon 02-May-16 10:22:02

I don't do rules...simples

Thingmajig Mon 02-May-16 10:27:42

We usually have dinner on lap-trays whilst watching the news, although we have a lovely dining table!
When DGD is here she sits at her wee (Ikea) table beside us but wanders around matching our food and mooching stuff off Granddad's plate. smile

I sometimes sneak in some chocolate or sweets and eat it upstairs while I'm supposedly crafting but probably just surfing the net. grin