Gransnet forums

Chat

When in doubt, look down the front of your knickers!

(82 Posts)
merlotgran Fri 08-Jul-16 10:28:12

Yesterday DH helped me stake a clump of plants that should have been dealt with earlier in the summer. I took off my gardening gloves so I could get the string tight around the stakes and tie an appropriate knot.

My elasticated waist trousers didn't have any pockets so as DH was running out of patience trying to keep the stakes in position I lifted up my T shirt and shoved the gloves down the front of my knickers.

They were lightweight 'lady gloves' BTW - not the huge padded things I only wear when dealing with roses!!

Job completed, DH toddled off back to the workshop and I carried on weeding. The only problem was I couldn't find my dratted gloves!!

I looked in the wheelbarrow, gardening bag, shed, boot of the car, dog's bed, greenhouse.....Nope!!

Time for a cuppa and quick look at the tennis so I went indoors, put the kettle on and popped to the loo!

shock blush blushgrin

merlotgran Fri 08-Jul-16 16:54:24

When looking for somewhere to store
Her sunglasses, tissues and more,
Breeze reckons her bra
Can hide keys for her car
Whilst her cleavage sprouts poo bags galore.

None taken, I hope, Breeze grin

Galen Fri 08-Jul-16 17:14:49

I shove my iPhone down my cleavage so as to leave my hands free for my crutches

Bellanonna Fri 08-Jul-16 17:50:27

Oh if I did that galen it would probably just fall right through sad

Galen Fri 08-Jul-16 18:38:23

Wot no bra?

Nannylovesshopping Fri 08-Jul-16 18:38:46

GandTea any comment for pittcity?

GandTea Fri 08-Jul-16 18:43:56

I didn't think it necessary, after all mine do have pockets for balls.

granjura Fri 08-Jul-16 20:26:02

Hihi, done that before too ;)

Jalima Fri 08-Jul-16 20:31:36

lol merlotgran

GandTea
Are you playing at Wimbledon!
lots of balls in pockets there

NfkDumpling Fri 08-Jul-16 20:33:32

When they start making women's trousers with decent pockets, we'll be able to stop using our bras and knickers as substitutes. Personally I favour the bra storage area. More room in there.

Jalima Fri 08-Jul-16 20:37:29

My Dash trousers have pockets
The trouble is that pockets spoil the slimline look
grin

grannylyn65 Fri 08-Jul-16 21:54:45

Well whilst dispensing pill Out of the blister pack, one popped out , couldent find it, so another one had to be ordered from pharmacy. As I undressed later, it fell out my bra !!! No clue confused

breeze Fri 08-Jul-16 23:01:26

Brilliant Merlot. Best laugh today! Thank you! grin

nannypink1 Sat 09-Jul-16 09:19:38

Well that's made me laugh out loud. Cheered up a dismal rainy morning!! Thank you knicker fettle ha ha

Disgruntled Sat 09-Jul-16 09:19:59

Love that one, Stansgran!

Bucksfizz Sat 09-Jul-16 09:27:46

Ha ha ha! A friend of mine (no, it wasn't me!) had a similar experience. She fell asleep watching TV. Then, when she awoke, she couldn't find the TV remote. She lifted all the sofa cushions and the magazines on the coffee table, looked under and around the sofa and then, when she straightened up, it fell from its hiding place - under her right boob!

Ana Sat 09-Jul-16 09:41:54

Oh, this is such a horrible thread title! It conjures up a picture of grubby pants with unmentionable stains..grin

Granny2016 Sat 09-Jul-16 10:03:18

A very nice posting...a bit of fun on a raining summer day !

Rosina Sat 09-Jul-16 10:42:25

I wear those knickers too - I like the very fine silky ones so that you don't get VPL, which always happens with the bikini type ones if you have any plumpy bits on the hips - and I have plenty!My dear friend always referred to these waist high k nickers as 'three peg jobs' when hanging them out!

JackyB Sat 09-Jul-16 11:27:25

I've been laughing out loud reading this. Can totally identify with it!

Bellanonna Sat 09-Jul-16 11:53:24

Yes, bra, galen but it's a bit too small to hold anything. As in it doesn't have a lot to hold anyway.

David1968 Sat 09-Jul-16 12:07:06

If I've no pockets, then I will frequently shove the back door keys down my bra when going into the garden. The trouble is accessing them later! And they can feel a bit uncomfy - thus I can't imagine putting anything down my knickers - even though mine are the "Bridget Jones" comfy variety....

Bez1989 Sat 09-Jul-16 12:10:21

PHEW MERLOTGRAN....I thought you were going to find an ants nest amongst your bush !!!???

Bez1989 Sat 09-Jul-16 12:13:44

I love the m&s full brief cotton ones with pretty flowers all over. We used to call them....
"Harvest Festival Knickers".....all is safely gathered in.

merlotgran Sat 09-Jul-16 12:23:55

No ants in my pants, Bez but possibly a few bats in my belfry. grin

nanaK54 Sat 09-Jul-16 14:17:00

How funny thank you for the laugh!