Gransnet forums

Chat

When in doubt, look down the front of your knickers!

(82 Posts)
merlotgran Fri 08-Jul-16 10:28:12

Yesterday DH helped me stake a clump of plants that should have been dealt with earlier in the summer. I took off my gardening gloves so I could get the string tight around the stakes and tie an appropriate knot.

My elasticated waist trousers didn't have any pockets so as DH was running out of patience trying to keep the stakes in position I lifted up my T shirt and shoved the gloves down the front of my knickers.

They were lightweight 'lady gloves' BTW - not the huge padded things I only wear when dealing with roses!!

Job completed, DH toddled off back to the workshop and I carried on weeding. The only problem was I couldn't find my dratted gloves!!

I looked in the wheelbarrow, gardening bag, shed, boot of the car, dog's bed, greenhouse.....Nope!!

Time for a cuppa and quick look at the tennis so I went indoors, put the kettle on and popped to the loo!

shock blush blushgrin

breeze Mon 11-Jul-16 16:05:08

Merlot you need a wine as a reward for this thread. We all need a chuckle and you've provided it. smile

breeze Mon 11-Jul-16 16:33:49

Apologies Merlot, replace 'need' with 'deserve'!

merlotgran Mon 11-Jul-16 17:10:39

Thanks, Breeze. By the time I get round to an evening wine I both need AND deserve it!! grin

There have been some really funny posts on this thread.

GandTea Mon 11-Jul-16 17:37:46

Velcro for holding the balls? No thank you !

rosesarered Mon 11-Jul-16 23:58:03

Never found anything (unidentified item in the bagging area? grin) in knickers that shouldn't be there, however crumbs find their way into the cleavage all the time, also now and then a currant or an ear ring.

POGS Tue 12-Jul-16 09:39:59

Gand Tea

Sunday 16.40

Question--- What as a wheelie bin liner? wink