Gransnet forums

Chat

Lovely Sunshine

(49 Posts)
Kateykrunch Mon 18-Jul-16 17:01:04

So, this is me, the one who wants to go live in Spain!, I'm sat in the lounge in the cool, my sun lounger is empty on the patio as it was even too warm to sit outside in the shade!!

merlotgran Mon 18-Jul-16 17:03:32

Same here. I'm a sun lover but even putting the washing on the line exhausted me.

Just been out to get it in and the bath towel is so hard it's like crispy Ryvita.

Galen Mon 18-Jul-16 17:12:45

It's hot! I'm a sun worshipper as well but this is too hot. I sat outside until one pm then migrated to my lovely cool lounge, it's said to be hotter tomorrow

Teetime Mon 18-Jul-16 17:26:17

Beautiful day here - two large umbrellas up in the garden but we are going to change them over to a big gazebo this evening when it cools down a bit. DH has horrible migraines and he's a bit thin on top so his head gets hot.

Pittcity Mon 18-Jul-16 17:33:46

Lovely here in Colchester. Nice cooling breeze and not as humid as late. Have only just come inside as our garden is now in shade and it is a bit cool outside.
It's the humidity and closeness that floors me.

whitewave Mon 18-Jul-16 17:34:45

And me! Sat in sitting room all afternoon, just beginning to stir, but still hot. Not getting any cooler than 21c tonight.

I love it though.

hildajenniJ Mon 18-Jul-16 17:51:57

The sun didn't come out here until 5:00pm! And the clouds are building up again. envy It's breezy and not too hot either. Boo hoo.

hildajenniJ Mon 18-Jul-16 17:52:37

Sorry, here being south west Northumberland.

whitewave Mon 18-Jul-16 17:58:09

Had my first Pimms of the year today. I only drink it when it's hot.

numberplease Mon 18-Jul-16 18:03:53

It`s been a scorcher here in Boston. I only like this sort of weather when I can take in some nice sea breezes, not stuck inside, sweltering.

WilmaKnickersfit Mon 18-Jul-16 18:25:55

Scorching here in Warwickshire and too hot for me. About to pop in the bath to freshen up and wash my hair. I will probably sit in the garden for 5 minutes in my PJs before bed to cool down again.

WilmaKnickersfit Mon 18-Jul-16 18:29:36

Forecasting up to 35 degrees tomorrow on BBC just now.

phoenix Mon 18-Jul-16 18:32:48

My office is in the attic of a barn conversion,been like a sauna today, the velux window doesn't do much to aid air flow!

Was tempted to order one of those Dyson fans, but even though I have access to the company credit card, I think it might be a step too far!grin

Plus, Mr P, for some reason known only to himself, has decided to make shepherds pie for supperconfused

NanaandGrampy Mon 18-Jul-16 18:34:12

Perfect sunny day here in our part of Essex !

Spent the day in the garden with DD2 and DGS3 and 4 and a magnum or 2 !!

Charleygirl Mon 18-Jul-16 18:43:10

phoenix with my menu planning it will be fish and chips! It is a mere 29C here in London.

I have just brought in my washing and I am considering stripping my bed etc so everything will be fresh and cool later.

carerof123 Mon 18-Jul-16 19:14:47

fantastic day, hot hot hot, but only if you have somewhere shady to sit.The sunshine so welcome but so dangerous as we get older. I am off to the out door swimming pool tomorrow with my sister for a few hours. Plenty of factor 50 sunscreen will be applied. I will take my sunhat too and try and find a shady spot to sit and enjoy this summer weather after a cooling swim. My husband is threatening to call Green Peace to say there will be two stranded whales to rescue tomorrow!!!! lol.

Galen Mon 18-Jul-16 19:16:07

Melon and Parma ham for main followed by homegrown raspberries with crême fraiche for after.

Galen Mon 18-Jul-16 19:18:51

My bedroom runs from the front to the back of the house. The windows at each end have been open all day with the curtains closed. I hope that it will be cool when I retire. It usually works.

Swanny Mon 18-Jul-16 19:33:38

Yes 29c here in London - forecast to drop as low as 19c by 6am tomorrow! I love it as long as I can cool off every so often but as my ground floor flat faces S to N that's not really an option! sunshine I currently have windows front and back wide open as well as back door and still feel as though I'm in a sauna. I'm not complaining at all, just wish I could bottle some to uncork November to February wink

Greyduster Mon 18-Jul-16 20:00:29

We took GS to the East Coast today, and the forecast said showers all afternoon, but we had wall to wall sunshine and boy, was it hot! Up in the twenties. We had a lovely day on the beach, but in truth, it was a bit too hot for me. More of the same forecast tommorrow but we'll be closer to home (I hope!).

cornergran Mon 18-Jul-16 20:08:45

Car said 35 degrees this afternoon, 22 a few minutes ago. Warm enough smile. Got through the errands today, plan a beach day tomorrow, lots of sunscreen lots of cold drinks and a comfy chair.

tanith Mon 18-Jul-16 20:12:35

What a fabulous sunny day , we've spent most of the day in the garden, we put out loungers under the tree , ate lunch at the table under the umbrella and sat reading and chatting and just enjoying the day. I agree too hot to sit in it.

harrigran Mon 18-Jul-16 20:20:05

Just come indoors, still 23 degrees. Sat in the shade not allowed to get burnt. I am halfway between Durham and the coast so this unusually warm.

whitewave Mon 18-Jul-16 20:22:41

This is definately the weather to relax and enjoy. Lucky to get more than one or two such days a year.

whitewave Mon 18-Jul-16 21:05:43

Just had a cool shower and now in bed with just a sheet and good book. All Windows open not a breath of wind. This is The life!