Gransnet forums

Chat

Royals

(157 Posts)
hulahoop Wed 27-Jul-16 17:05:41

I have no problem with the royal family but does anyone feel like me that William and Kate appear to have a lot of holidays I know they don't live in our world but it must make young families annoyed when they can't afford one especially when cost of Kate's going away clothes is usually what it would cost for them to go away .

Ana Sun 31-Jul-16 21:42:40

I've never thought of the Queen being greedy, or indeed living a decadent lifestyle...hmm

Ana Sun 31-Jul-16 21:43:30

(think there should be an 'as' in there somewhere!)

Elegran Mon 01-Aug-16 19:37:36

I am just having a smile imagining HM QE being "dissolute, dissipated, degenerate, corrupt, depraved" as decadent is defined in the dictionary.

Maybe there is a Dorian Grey portrait of her somewhere in the attic of Buck House, looking blowsy and lascivious with her boobs spilling out of a red satin basque, black fishnet tights and six-inch diamante heeled shoes, stubbing out chain-smoked black Sobranie ciggies into her caviar and glugging back Mother's Ruin while several bronzed Adonises massage her ego. Meanwhile Russian oligarchs and Greek shipping moguls are stuffing paper money into her stocking tops in return for contracts entitling them to fleece Uk citizens without fear of legal action.

Jane10 Mon 01-Aug-16 19:41:17

Noooooooooooo!

Jalima Mon 01-Aug-16 19:58:04

I bet she would still go round shutting all the lights off to save money though .....

Jalima Mon 01-Aug-16 20:01:45

The £1 is still in my pocket anniebach as I haven't been out today