Gransnet forums

Chat

I'm a Granny!

(46 Posts)
kitlong Fri 24-Feb-17 14:39:56

First time I've written a post and I'm a first time Gran!
My Son and his partner were expecting twins in May but as the Mum had health issues we knew they would be early. There is early and there is early! They arrived on Wednesday 22nd February at exactly 28 weeks. A little boy who weighs 1 lb 11oz and a little girl who weighs 2lb. Teeny tiny. We don't know their names as Mummy isn't able to see them yet and they don't want to name them until she does. The boy is breathing on his own but the girl isn't and they are both on antibiotics as they have slight infections, but apart from that they are "as well as can be expected". I panic every time my phone rings or bleeps with a message and there is a very weird mix of feelings going on. 12 weeks early is so early all we can do is keep our fingers crossed.

jusnoneed Fri 24-Feb-17 14:41:24

Congratulations.
Hope all goes well for the babies.

Kitspurr Fri 24-Feb-17 14:49:16

That's great news. How lovely. I'll be thinking of you, Gran kitlong

janeainsworth Fri 24-Feb-17 14:52:41

What a mixture of feelings you must have just now kitlong
I hope all goes well for your grandchildren and your son and daughter-in-law flowers

Greyduster Fri 24-Feb-17 14:54:52

Congratulations kitlong! Yes they are teeny tiny, but so were my friend's twins - around the same size as your grandbabies - and the little boy across the road from us here - all very early babies. But gosh! you should see them now! Fingers crossed for your little ones but they'll be fighters for sure. flowers

Angib Fri 24-Feb-17 14:56:36

Congratulations Kitlong. Let's hope it won't be too long before you're able to give them a cuddle.

tanith Fri 24-Feb-17 14:57:41

Here's wishing all the best for those babies and Mum, so stressful I'm sure kitlong flowers

Jayh Fri 24-Feb-17 15:22:27

Congratulations Granny Kitlong, to you and the new parents. Sending every good wish to the tiny ones. ????

Sar53 Fri 24-Feb-17 16:02:19

Many congratulations to everyone . Hope all goes well for the tiny babies. flowers

Alima Fri 24-Feb-17 16:18:47

Congratulations and best wishes to all of you.

Rinouchka Fri 24-Feb-17 16:26:00

Congratulations, kitlong and welcome to Granniehood. Very best wishes to the tiny babies, their parents and grandparents. flowers

Bbnan Fri 24-Feb-17 16:27:00

Congratulations to you all.... fingers crossed for you all..enjoy each and every moment

Grannyben Fri 24-Feb-17 16:42:27

Congratulations to you all. Hope mum and babies go from strength to strength xx

shysal Fri 24-Feb-17 16:47:15

flowers. Congratulations, hope the babies progress well.

grandma60 Fri 24-Feb-17 17:02:02

Congratulations Kitlong Ours son's twin boys were born at 26 weeks. One weighing 2lb 3 oz and the other 1lb 8oz. I know only too well the panic when the phone bleeped and the worry when it didn't. It sounds that yours are like ours and the bigger twin has more problems than the smaller one. You will probably have several weeks of ups and downs. Have you seen them yet? Nothing can prepare you for how tiny they are.
Good news though. 2 weeks ago we celebrated their 3rd birthdays and they are doing fine.
Good luck. flowersflowers

Katek Fri 24-Feb-17 17:05:44

Congratulations!! NICU have the most wonderful doctors and nurses, I'm sure your little dgc will grow and thrive. My friend had tiny twins at 25 weeks one of whom only weighed 1lb 3oz..... now a happy 4 year old at nursery! Hope all goes well.

silverlining48 Fri 24-Feb-17 17:08:23

Kitlong. Many Congratulations on the birth of your grandchildren. My friends daughter was born at 26 weeks weighing 2 lbs and has just celebrated her 36 th birthday. She is fit and very well. Wishing you all much happiness and joy, and looking forward to meeting up in a few weeks. Dont forget the photos.

Cherrytree59 Fri 24-Feb-17 17:28:42

Congratulations kitlong & your family
I can add that my friends grandaughter was born very premature.
And was so tiny she could fit on the palm of her step- grandad's hand.
She starts school this summer.

flowers

Luckygirl Fri 24-Feb-17 17:31:07

It must be so hard to have a mixture of feelings at this time - I wish you all well and hope very much that all will be well.

mumofmadboys Fri 24-Feb-17 20:15:14

Congratulations! I hope all goes well.

Lona Fri 24-Feb-17 20:17:28

How lovely! Congratulations Kitlong, best wishes to you all sunshine

nanaK54 Fri 24-Feb-17 20:39:51

Many congratulations and my very best wishes for the tiny babies

hulahoop Fri 24-Feb-17 21:00:14

Best wishes to you all ,hope all goes well with little ones?

rubysong Fri 24-Feb-17 23:53:59

Congratulations and all good wishes to your little treasures.

Maggiemaybe Sat 25-Feb-17 00:55:25

Bless your little ones, kitlong, and congratulations on joining the best club in the world! flowers