Gransnet forums

Chat

On this day

(109 Posts)
PRINTMISS Wed 08-Mar-17 08:29:46

Sixty five years ago, my dad walked me down the aisle to give me away to the man who still holds my hand when we cross the road. No idea where the time has gone, not set the world on fire, just lived very ordinary lives, with love, and shared sorrow and happiness. Two lucky people.

kittylester Wed 08-Mar-17 08:32:14

Many, many congratulations, PRINTMISS, - what a lovely post. wineflowers

MawBroon Wed 08-Mar-17 08:32:46

That is a wonderful anniversary PRINTMISS (or should it not be PRINTMRS by now?)
There are not enough flowersflowersflowers on GN but I am sending my congratulations to you both!!
The memories you must have of that day...! flowers

Marydoll Wed 08-Mar-17 08:39:58

What a lovely way to start the day, reading your post. Many congratulations.flowers

MissAdventure Wed 08-Mar-17 08:44:08

Best wishes for your special day, printmiss. flowers

hildajenniJ Wed 08-Mar-17 08:47:06

Happy Anniversary PRINTMISS and Mr. PM. I really hope you have a lovely day.

Rinouchka Wed 08-Mar-17 08:53:04

Very best wishes to you both, PRINTMISS. I hope you have a wonderful day to mark this long and loving marriage. May you share many more years together! In lieu of flowers, sending a bouquet of sunny umbrellas!

Alima Wed 08-Mar-17 08:53:40

What a lovely post. Best wishes to you both on a wonderful day for you.

Grannybags Wed 08-Mar-17 08:56:36

Thank you for sharing that lovely post with us Printmiss. Have a lovely day flowers

annsixty Wed 08-Mar-17 09:01:56

What a very special day for you and a post showing the love you still share. I hope you have a wonderful day. Life doesn't need to be full of bells and whistles, just happiness.

Cherrytree59 Wed 08-Mar-17 09:02:25

printmiss & MR PM your love shines through like a beacon.

Enjoy your very special day together
flowers &wine maybe for this evening

May thesunshine on all your tomorrows. x

CariGransnet (GNHQ) Wed 08-Mar-17 09:26:09

I've gone all weepy - what a beautiful post and huge congratulations to you both

Rigby46 Wed 08-Mar-17 09:31:32

Not 'ordinary lives' at all - 65 years of loving and caring for each other is far from ordinary. I'm just sorry it's highly unlikely we will make that many years - thank you for a lovely start to the day

ninathenana Wed 08-Mar-17 09:36:54

Lovely post PRINTMISS
Many congratulations to you both flowers ??flowers

rosesarered Wed 08-Mar-17 09:38:07

Enjoy your special day Mr and Mrs PRINTMISS ????

JoyBloggs Wed 08-Mar-17 09:50:37

Happy Anniversary, PRINTMISS, what a lovely post. Hope you have a very happy day together... and many more. flowers

benhamslc Wed 08-Mar-17 09:53:43

Congratulations, enjoy your special anniversary together x

Kim19 Wed 08-Mar-17 10:02:49

Printmiss, heartiest of congratulations. Well done! I'm thoroughly envious. I did manage a wonderful 30 but was greedy enough to want more. Sadly not to be...... However this is your day and your day it will continue to be. This will be my happiness thought to carry me through today. Thank you so much for sharing such loveliness. Oh yesssss. Hallelujah!

TerriBull Wed 08-Mar-17 10:04:43

Many congratulations, 65 years that's really something. "the man who still holds my hand when we cross the road" I love that.

I read many of your posts PRINTMISS and know your husband hasn't been well of late, your posts convey a gentleness, you write touchingly about the longevity of what clearly is a wonderful marrriage and partnership.

Happy Anniversary to you both flowers

moobox Wed 08-Mar-17 10:05:57

How lucky. Mine will be in 2066. (Mm - trouble is - I'd be 114)

Rosina Wed 08-Mar-17 10:09:01

Many congratulations - what a wonderful, heart lifting achievement to read of a happy couple with such a long marriage x

MiniMouse Wed 08-Mar-17 10:13:19

Such a very special day for you and PrintMr. I hope you received your telegram from the Queen. My Aunt and Uncle proudly displayed theirs for all to see! Hope you have a wonderful day celebrating.

Kitspurr Wed 08-Mar-17 10:15:10

That is lovely. You both chose well and we can learn a lot from you. Congratulations!!!

ajanela Wed 08-Mar-17 10:17:37

1952 some important and other events!
Prime Minister Winston Churchill
16 January – Sooty, Harry Corbett's glove puppet bear, first appears on BBC Television.
1 February – The first TV detector van is commissioned
6 February – George VI dies at Sandringham House aged 56.
8 February – Queen Elizabeth II proclaimed Queen of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
21 February – Compulsory identity cards, issued during World War II, abandoned.

smile*8 MARCH - PRINTMISS MARRIES MR PM* flowerscupcake

3 May – Newcastle United win the FA Cup.
1 June – A one shilling charge is introduced for prescription drugs dispensed under the National Health Service.
19 July–3 August – Great Britain and Northern Ireland compete at the Olympics in Helsinki and win 1 gold, 2 silver and 8 bronze medals.
19 July – Len Hutton is appointed as the England cricket team's first professional captain for 65 years.
19 September – English film star Charlie Chaplin, sailing to Britain for the premiere of his film Limelight.
5 October – Tea rationing ends, after thirteen years.
14 November – The magazine New Musical Express publishes the first UK Singles Chart.
25 November – Agatha Christie's play The Mousetrap starts its run at the New Ambassadors Theatre in London.
4–9 December – Great Smog blankets London, causing transport chaos and, it is believed, around 4,000 deaths.
29 November – First GPO pillar box of the present reign to be
12 December – BBC television series Flower Pot Men debuts.
25 December – The Queen makes her first Christmas speech.
December – End of Utility furniture scheme

radicalnan Wed 08-Mar-17 10:24:21

Well done, it is a really wonderful thing to hear about this morning. Not much makes me go teary any more but that did. Bless the pair of you.............