Gransnet forums

Chat

where would you choose to return

(72 Posts)
overthehill Thu 16-Mar-17 14:10:19

All hypothetical of course.

Say after departing this world you were given the choice to return again to a place you fancy, where would you choose?

Personally despite all it's faults it would still be England for me. I live on the outskirts of London so maybe another town instead, again on the outskirts perhaps Winchester, Dorchester or Marlow

hildajenniJ Thu 16-Mar-17 14:32:32

Can we time travel? If we're coming back from beyond the grave, perhaps it would be possible. If so then I would come back to 18th century England. I have always loved the fashions and shoes of that time. I would have to be in society though, not a humble servant.

gillybob Thu 16-Mar-17 14:33:01

Am I still me? or a different version of me?

Anyway assuming I was still miserable old me, then I would probably come back here to the NE of England and peep to see how my DGC are coming along. If I was another me confused then I would go to Ibiza, sleep all day and party all night. Smoke pot and wear hippy clothes. I would (in the new version of me) be beautiful of course and never need to buy my own drinks.

nanaK54 Thu 16-Mar-17 15:27:58

Definitely still England- quite fancy the New Forest ?

Teetime Thu 16-Mar-17 15:30:21

Cornwall!!!

polyester57 Thu 16-Mar-17 15:31:46

Scotland!

shysal Thu 16-Mar-17 15:51:09

Cornwall for me too!

TriciaF Thu 16-Mar-17 15:59:08

Rural Northumberland. Or the NE coast but too expensive.

overthehill Thu 16-Mar-17 16:06:21

hildajenniJ yes why not time travel to. I couldn't imagine being in any othet time but the present.

DanniRae Thu 16-Mar-17 16:12:16

I would love to come back and live at the seaside - I am in London now - maybe Jersey, I love it there.

callgirl1 Thu 16-Mar-17 16:47:32

Muasdale, in beautiful Kintyre, Scotland.

travelsafar Thu 16-Mar-17 17:23:13

i would go back in time to the time when i was most happy in my life but didnt actually know it, when i was living at home with mum and dad in a little village not too far from where i live now. I would be carefree and have no worries, be with my brothers and sister and our lovely old dog. I would be able to sleep all night without waking once and lie in on a weekend again!!! Oh such happy days!!!!

Morgana Thu 16-Mar-17 17:38:53

Back pack I think and visit those places I never got to see in this life. Assuming of course I came back young and healthy!

vampirequeen Thu 16-Mar-17 17:51:01

Anywhere is rural Yorkshire. Coast, moor, dales....I don't care. I want lovely views, enough money to live very comfortably and be able to drive into a town when I want/need to.

Chewbacca Thu 16-Mar-17 17:55:09

Anywhere near the coast for me. Wales, Northumberland or Yorkshire would all be very acceptable thank you!

Christinefrance Thu 16-Mar-17 17:56:57

I'm with you vampirequeen , Yorkshire every time.

Rinouchka Thu 16-Mar-17 18:24:06

Paris, without hesitation, but only if I were still young, clever and not ugly!

Greyduster Thu 16-Mar-17 21:11:57

Anywhere there are streams and rivers with wild trout in!

whitewave Thu 16-Mar-17 21:23:54

Sometimes you have to be careful what you wish for. I have a Scottish friend who I met at work. She lived here in the South for many years, but wished so much to return to Scotland, which she did about 5 years ago.

Ever since she has hated every minute, particularly the weather and darkness. She is so unhappy, and I have been quite worried on her behalf lately.She is now moving back with her husband, who is also Scottish as soon as she can get her retirement sorted at work.

So returning is not always a good idea.

Grannybags Thu 16-Mar-17 21:27:14

Definitely North Yorkshire for me. Preferably with moors one side and the sea the other

NfkDumpling Thu 16-Mar-17 21:42:24

Norfolk. North, with a sea view.

absent Thu 16-Mar-17 21:49:51

Once is quite enough!

Anniebach Thu 16-Mar-17 22:20:48

Aberfan, Wales

Greenfinch Thu 16-Mar-17 22:28:29

The Outer Hebrides.Peace and quiet.No crowded trains,noisy pubs and constant roadworks and traffic jams.

Badenkate Thu 16-Mar-17 22:30:03

I would love to go back to the 20s and 30s - with of course plenty of money! If I was to choose the best place I've lived it would be Los Alamos in the foothills of the Rockies in New Mexico. A wonderful climate, amazing scenery, wide open skies - it's called The Land Of Enchantment smile