Gransnet forums

Chat

I'm back!

(31 Posts)
rubylady Wed 22-Mar-17 16:17:09

You couldn't get rid of me, I'm back! grin

My laptop has been out of working order and I have needed some time to sort out some things too but I have just spoke to a lovely young man at EE and my laptop is now working again (sshhh!) and getting there with sorting things out.

I am now fully installed in my son's old bedroom, newly decorated and carpeted with a plush thick cream carpet and a beautiful wooden bed. It also has a reclining massage/heat chair and small tele with travel kettle and a gorgeous display cabinet in gold and cream from the PDSA shop. It has took some putting together and saving for but now I have somewhere to relax upstairs.

I got a text last night from the local hospital to say I had an appointment next week, I had no idea what for. I have phoned appointments this morning and the cardiologist I have been under wanted to see me but he is supposed to have referred me to Manchester. I have no wish to see him as he has let me be like this for longer than I should have been. I then e mailed the doctor at Manchester and explained and she has e mailed back saying she will send an appointment to see me as soon as possible and has got other doctors onboard too. My ankles now have purple patches, which is not good and is worrying. Obviously the surgery is very much needed. If I could have it over the long holidays from Uni, that would be good and then my son could be home for emotional and practical support, which I will need, nothing like your own, is there? He's home next week anyway so looking forward to a hug.

I do hope you are all ok, and not missed me too much grin. Love to you all. Xxx

Luckygirl Wed 22-Mar-17 16:24:15

Good to see you back and installed in your very own "woman cave"! Hope the medical issues get sorted soon.

Ilovecheese Wed 22-Mar-17 16:24:21

You had left Gransnet, I think before I joined, but welcome back. Just to say that if you are going to Manchester Royal Infirmary, or I think it might now be called Central Manchester Hospital, you could not wish for a better hospital.

Katek Wed 22-Mar-17 16:33:02

Was just thinking about you the other day.....welcome back!

shysal Wed 22-Mar-17 16:39:35

Lovely to hear from you, welcome back flowers. Where is your son going to spend his time at home if you have taken over his room? smile
I hope your health issues will be seen to soon. flowers

gillybob Wed 22-Mar-17 16:40:39

Welcome back rubylady smile

callgirl1 Wed 22-Mar-17 17:10:20

Welcome back Rubylady. Shysal, I was just wondering where Ruby`s son will sleep! Your new domain sounds lovely Ruby.

Greyduster Wed 22-Mar-17 17:11:08

Echo the above Rubylady - nice to see you back! Wish I had a 'woman cave'! grin

Badenkate Wed 22-Mar-17 17:29:25

Welcome back Rubylady. Your room sounds lovely. Hope you get your appointment soon and get things more sorted flowers

Auntieflo Wed 22-Mar-17 18:04:41

Nice to see you are back Rubylady, you have been on my mind. Glad you have a comfy, pretty room to relax in, and now your laptop is mended, you'll no doubt keep us posted.

Willow500 Wed 22-Mar-17 18:07:43

Lovely to hear you're back but not that you're having to see the consultant flowers Your refurbished room sounds wonderful though but where is your son going to sleep grin

chelseababy Wed 22-Mar-17 18:15:03

Good to have you back Ruby

Scooter58 Wed 22-Mar-17 18:25:30

Welcome back Rubylady,was thinking about you recently and nearly posted a "Where's Ruby post"??

M0nica Wed 22-Mar-17 19:03:17

Good to here from you again Rubylady

Kittye Wed 22-Mar-17 19:10:38

Glad you're back Rubylady Lovely to hear from you again flowers

thatbags Wed 22-Mar-17 19:16:04

Welcome back, Rubylady. Hope the medical stuff gets sorted soon flowers

Cherrytree59 Wed 22-Mar-17 19:17:54

Welcome back Ruby
Hope your hospital op gets sorted out soon.
It would be great if your Lad was home from Uni to support you.

Anyway looking forward to your next threads Ruby smile

annsixty Wed 22-Mar-17 19:42:42

Ruby do not forget that if you go into MRI I will visit you. You just have to let me know.

bikergran Wed 22-Mar-17 20:11:12

Hi Ruby smile welcome back .....

rubylady Wed 22-Mar-17 20:42:46

Aw, thank you all so much, it's lovely to be back with friends again. smile

I did sleep in the house before moving into my son's room, lol, so he now has my old room although at the moment he has granny flowery paper to contend with and a new single bed instead of his big double one he left, which got took to the tip! grin

It would be good to try to get this operation sorted for over the summer months, about August maybe when my son is home for the summer break. That way he can be with me while I'm in intensive care and then look after Maggie, Lily, Graham and T.C. when I get on a ward. I have a friend who will look after them meantime. Other than that, if it is longer than that, then it will have to be over Christmas when he can be home again.

ann Thank you so much, it would be lovely to see you. I did go into going elsewhere but decided that the MRI was the best place for this type of operation. So it will be great to meet you in person and have some girly company. How are things going with you? How are you coping with things? Are you getting some time off?

Well, I've put some food on, not ate much yet at all. How are you all doing on the healthy eating? So I'm off for some late tea. Take care, chat soon. Xxx

NfkDumpling Wed 22-Mar-17 20:49:00

Hi Ruby welcome back! I'm eating very healthily this week as I'm in hospital having a new knee. Well, I've now got the knee and will be off home on Friday. Now I've got out of the habit of snacking I'll have to keep it up. It should be easier as getting the the cupboard is going to be a challenge for a while! I do hope your operation gets sorted very soon.

cornergran Wed 22-Mar-17 20:49:19

Good to hear from you ruby. Hope the operation is possible when it suits you.

Anniebach Wed 22-Mar-17 21:07:58

So pleased you are back and relieved you are alright X

GillT57 Wed 22-Mar-17 21:08:22

Welcome back ruby! I have this vision of your reclining on your lovely new bed, tv remote in one hand and a bunch of grapes in the other! Hope medical stuff gets sorted, do keep us posted so we can all send virtual healing along the wires. Also nice to see you on here Bikergran I was just thinking I haven't seen you for a while or is it just that we haven't been on the same areas of GN? I keep getting all irate on the political ones, so maybe it is best to avoid me grin How are things work wise?

Welshwife Wed 22-Mar-17 21:15:14

Great to have you so upbeat! The new carpet sounds great. Hope all goes well with appointments and treatment at Manchester RI. X X