Gransnet forums

Chat

So, you're on death row.......

(51 Posts)
Daddima Sat 13-May-17 18:21:08

....what would your final meal be?

( I don't even know if this choice of last meal even happens!)

I think mine would be chips & egg with bread & Lurpak.

hulahoop Sat 13-May-17 18:24:31

Mine would be egg on Frey buttered toast

Ana Sat 13-May-17 18:26:02

I'd be feeling too scared to want to eat! shock

Wheniwasyourage Sat 13-May-17 18:27:28

Assuming it was breakfast, it would be muesli with extra nuts and dried fruit and double cream, not milk. Bacon, sausage, fried egg and mushrooms. Six-grain bread or roll with salted butter and marmalade (home-made, chunky). After all, the calories wouldn't matter. grin

aggie Sat 13-May-17 18:27:43

I am with you in this Ana

Nelliemoser Sat 13-May-17 18:32:45

I would not be able to eat at all and I doubt if anyone else facing execution would either.

Cherrytree59 Sat 13-May-17 18:47:25

No I wouldn't be able to look at plate of food
Never mind eat it!

kittylester Sat 13-May-17 18:55:04

Haven't we just had a favourite meal thread?

I couldn't eat either but I might have a whole crusty loaf with tons of butter because the inevitable 'fall out' from eating gluten would be irrelevant!

Anniebach Sat 13-May-17 19:02:09

No need to be concerned about my ulcer so -

Bacon, black pudding and fried larva bread followed by a bar of green and blacks .

If I receive a last minute reprieve I will be in trouble

rosesarered Sat 13-May-17 19:47:02

Who can truly say, it would be hard to feel hungry with the prospect of imminent execution facing you,
However as it's a game grin I think I would eat light , a bowl of soup and a buttered roll with a piece of cheddar.

NanaandGrampy Sat 13-May-17 19:55:41

I would start with garlic crispy mushrooms , followed by fillet steak and ending the meal with a crème brulee laced with foxglove seeds.....the ensuing fatal heart attack would rob the state of their circus !!

grumppa Sat 13-May-17 20:05:36

If breakfast, full English esp. with black pudding, but extra bacon instead of egg. If dinner, a rich terrine as served at the Petite Perigourdine, Paris, followed by venison casseroled in red wine. Stilton, then creme Bruce. Washed down with Macon Villages, then Chateauneuf du Pape, then Sauternes. Coffee with Armagnac. I'd be dead before I left my cell

grumppa Sat 13-May-17 20:07:49

Or at least I'd be sick all over the,warders.

gillybob Sat 13-May-17 20:24:56

I had your "death row meal" on Thursday night Daddima . Lovely it was too. I have to have tomato ketchup with mine.

My death row meal would have to be Lobster because I've never tried it. I love seafood so at least I could say I'd tried it once.

kittylester Sat 13-May-17 20:33:50

Er when would you be saying that, gilly. grin

gillybob Sat 13-May-17 20:35:43

grin * kittylester* maybe when I got over to "the other side"???

norose4 Sat 13-May-17 21:10:19

great idea Nanna ...,,but I will now be looking at my creme brûlées in a new light !

Hopehope Sun 14-May-17 00:19:17

Yes I think we did have a thread on favourite meals, but not under threat of imminent demise.

I too would not be able to eat anything under these circumstances. UNLESS....perhaps I could come up with some madly rare thing which would take them years to find, thereby giving me time to maybe have a pardon :-)

mollie Sun 14-May-17 08:14:17

It seems the last meal of choice is a tradition in the US and when they announce an execution the details of the last meal are published. Perhaps by then, given the drawn out nature of the US system, the inmate is resigned to their fate and a meal of choice is a bit of a welcomed distraction.

grannylyn65 Sun 14-May-17 08:15:56

Not a particularly nice thread

Cherrytree59 Sun 14-May-17 08:37:42

True "grannylyn* to be on death row we would probably of had The Trump as presidentshock

MawBroon Sun 14-May-17 08:59:18

I have avoided this up to now despite some curiosity (no disrespect intended to OP as it is a common enough idea and just a game) but just dipping in, I see I am not alone in my reservations, grannylyn included.
Sorry Daddima, too many unpleasant images conjured up by the thought sad

lovebeigecardigans1955 Sun 14-May-17 09:25:31

I'd choose a starter like potato and mushroom soup, followed by an Assiette de Fruits de Mer and Les Isles Flottante for pudding. Then a coffee liquor of some sort to finish. All eaten very slowly and carefully but I'd probably be lead to the scaffold or electric hair with chronic indigestion.

Persistentdonor Sun 14-May-17 09:36:05

I am happy for you all that you can play this game.....

My son's best mate and business partner is in the last days of terminal acute myeloid lehkaemia. He is in his early 30's and will leave a wife and 3 children all at primary school.

Enjoy the game!

Tessa101 Sun 14-May-17 09:43:13

I'm with you Ana.