Gransnet forums

Chat

Feeling discombobulated!

(52 Posts)
kittylester Thu 10-Aug-17 17:37:18

This morning, I had to take DS1 for his Botox jabs (yet again there was non spare for his poor old mum!!) after which I went to do my normal Thursday Sainsbury's shop.

As usual, on my way into the store, I went to the ATMs to get out some cash. One of the ATMs was not working so I went to the other one, went through the usual procedure (number, amount etc) and waited while the machine churned, the machine stopped churning and nothing happened. Then it started churning again, then it stopped. This happened about half a dozen times so I tried to cancel. Then another woman came to get money, she pushed buttons and stood looking at it with me until I decided that I'd go into the shop and report it.

The girl at Customer Services suggested I ring the bank and cancel my card and assured me that, as my card had gone in, and stayed there, there was no chance of it reappearing and the machine would be designated 'out of order'.

Then, a lady came in and handed my card and cash to the girl on Customer Services!! shock

I was very grateful to her but both women then treated me as though I was stupid not to have stood there for longer.

sarahellenwhitney Thu 17-Aug-17 16:41:53

I will go into any shop where you can get cash rather than use a ATM. You obviously have to make a purchase
a bar of choc or a packet of crisps will suffice and unless you live in the middle of nowhere many small shops stay open until very late or even 24 hours.