Gransnet forums

Chat

It's my Birthday today, and.....

(75 Posts)
Kateykrunch Wed 23-Aug-17 10:03:11

I want to make it a year to make a difference for me, so:-
I have enquired about booking onto weekly health walks starting tomorrow. I have taken details of a number of fitness and weight loss classes and will be booking them. I will be having a free pass at the local pool and possibily rejoin to swim regularly. We are off to York (yes its chucking it down) and the picnic lacks crisps and is healthy. I have hidden a box of chocolates from myself and the last 2 pieces of Birthday cake are in the fridge (ate loads of it yesterday after visit from DD and GC's). I am going to be more positive so I have not looked at 'certain' people on Facebook as it depresses me. I am going to smile more, take each day as it comes, be nicer and kinder (although I am already), do a bit of housework (sometimes)!, join some groups and have a lovely time - just thought you'd like to know lol x (I know where the chocolates are, but I am hoping to stay away for at least a ..................)

Chris4159 Wed 23-Aug-17 11:28:43

Happy Birthday. I have come home from holiday with same sort of idea, but more on the not getting drawn into negative thinking and everyone else's drama's. Had a lovely fortnight away from it all and feel better for it. I didn't realise how much everyone else offloading on to me affected my own wellbeing.

merlin Wed 23-Aug-17 11:29:21

Happy Birthday

Sheilasue Wed 23-Aug-17 11:29:58

Happybirthday Katykrunch, enjoy your day.

squirrel5 Wed 23-Aug-17 11:36:33

Have a lovely day.and cheers to you for making a few lifestyle changes........you have got me thinking about doing the same x

Lupatria Wed 23-Aug-17 11:37:32

happy birthday katyk - all the best people are born in august. it was my 70th birthday last week although it was a very low key "big" birthday.
i had a box of chocolates - and i ate every one with enjoyment.
i can't see much positivity in my life at the moment. i'm trying to lose weight so that i can have a knee replacement op but, as i can't exercise or walk very far, i'm having a hard job. i haven't driven for a year since an injection into my knee went wrong but it's the last few lbs i can't shift.
hope you're able to do the things you've planned - hopefully i can make these sorts of plans in the not too distant future.

Musicelf Wed 23-Aug-17 11:39:25

Happy, happy birthday, Katiekrunch - well done for being so resolute! I wish I could be.

I don't have cake or chocolate in the house unless it's understood by everyone that I will eat it all. Therefore, sadly, I don't get it sad.

My birthday is coming up in a couple of months, and I like to think I will be as positive and as resolute as you!

Smithy Wed 23-Aug-17 12:02:22

Happy Birthday and keep up the new resolutions but mainly just enjoy!

Theoddbird Wed 23-Aug-17 12:06:01

Happy birthday. So good to read some positive words. I need to start swimming again....I used to enjoy it. You have inspired me...I will go back to slumming world again as well smilesmile

Anya Wed 23-Aug-17 12:10:13

Happy Birthday KatieKrunch

I hit 70 last January and made a resolution to do 20 minutes exercise every morning before I got dressed and had breakfast. Manage it most days and it's making a big difference as nearly all aches and pains have gone.

So good luck and I hope you succeed ? or should tha be ??????

mumofmadboys Wed 23-Aug-17 12:13:42

Happy Birthday KatieK!

Rinouchka Wed 23-Aug-17 12:21:35

Happy Birthday, KateyKrunch !

Greyduster Wed 23-Aug-17 12:42:16

Happy, happy birthday, Kateykrunch! ???. Have a splendid day. Smiling! Hmm - a new one on me! Can I learn? Is there a You Tube video?

maddyone Wed 23-Aug-17 12:48:03

Happy birthday toKatie I wish you a wonderful year, and I wish I had your willpower.

pamdixon Wed 23-Aug-17 12:54:13

very happy birthday., and hope you have a great time in York. Have you discovered sugar free chocolate (not diabetic - different stuff!) , mostly sold at good health food shops. A delicious, guilt free, alternative.............I couldn't possibly never eat chocolate again!!

Tessa101 Wed 23-Aug-17 13:08:54

Happy birthday have lovely day.... wow keeping up with all that will take your mind of the chocolate.flowers

NfkDumpling Wed 23-Aug-17 13:17:45

Happy Birthday Katie! Hope you're enjoying your picnic and the rain has stopped. wine

shysal Wed 23-Aug-17 13:26:47

Have a great day KK, hope you manage to keep your resolve. flowers

nookie Wed 23-Aug-17 13:52:54

Happy Birthday. Wishing you lots of luck in the coming year. Quarterly updates would be great.

lovebeigecardigans1955 Wed 23-Aug-17 14:03:42

Happy Birthday KK. Keep motivated. If you find yourself falling by the wayside with some of your targets don't beat yourself up about it. Just use it as a springboard to better things.

Silverdarling Wed 23-Aug-17 14:07:43

Happy Birthday Katiekrunch have a lovely day and a Fabulous year xx

cornergran Wed 23-Aug-17 14:08:39

Happy Birthday, kk, hope you enjoy your trip out, have fun.

Caro1954 Wed 23-Aug-17 14:13:51

Happy birthday KK! What a great idea to make resolutions on your birthday! And what great resolutions - thanks for such a positive, upbeat post! flowers

Bambam Wed 23-Aug-17 15:54:28

Slimming World is good. I joined 3weeks ago. No starving. Just sensible healthy food. Plus treats are allowed with the use of Syns.
I've already lost 8 lbs. A good couple of stone to go but the other members are great and some have lost loads of weight. Can never do it on my own so it suits me.

callgirl1 Wed 23-Aug-17 16:00:45

Happy Birthday!

Oriel Wed 23-Aug-17 16:24:03

Wishing you a very happy birthday!