Soop's special kitchen for like-minded folk and treasured pets

(1001 Posts)
soop Tue 26-Sep-17 17:28:25

Hello again.
Here we are again
Happy as can be
All good pals and very good company. cupcake wine brew sunshinesmile

Charleygirl Thu 02-Nov-17 10:02:50

I only hope that she has family close by- that is absolutely awful.

cornergran Thu 02-Nov-17 11:56:32

It’s hard to get annies situation out of my head today. So very sad. There has been much GN love and support, I also hope she has people close by who will care for her.

Bellanonna Thu 02-Nov-17 12:40:49

Agreed, Corner.

soop Thu 02-Nov-17 15:54:39

I returned home to discover to my delight a card with a loving message written by my first-born son, Andrew. I came into the kitchen to see that Annie is having to deal with the most terrible loss of her first-born. I feel unable to add anything of a light hearted nature. Sending my love to you all.

kittylester Thu 02-Nov-17 16:16:39

I'm popping in to give everyone a special squeeze too. I've spent the day with a recently widowed friend but have found it hard to be 'there' for her while thinking about annie. Luckily there were a couple of other friends there too.

We are going to see Rob Brydon tonight. A treat for DH or I think I would cry off. I'm not in the mood for hilarity after Annie's sad news.

Welcome Mania, we are usually a lot more lively so don't give up on us.

If you move before I get back, please leave the door of the new kitchen ajat so I can find you.

Bellanonna Thu 02-Nov-17 16:28:30

kitty I feel the same as you.
However, enjoy Rob B. I really like him.

kittylester Thu 02-Nov-17 17:10:33

We've seen him a couple of times before Bella and really enjoyed his shows.

We saw him at the Edinburgh Festival when he was playing a marriage guidance counsellor - unfortunately we were with my BiL and his wife who were having a few difficulties at the time. DH and I were having a great time while they sat there stony faced. sad They sorted things out.

Greyduster Thu 02-Nov-17 17:21:24

The impotence of not being able to provide anything but virtual support for someone who has suffered such a dreadful loss has weighed me down today. We were out with our DD and GS today and when I said goodbye, I clung to her for just a little longer than I usually do.
kitty enjoy your evening out (DD went to see Rob Brydon recently and said he was good). Annie would certainly not begrudge that life goes on, bless her. I hope her strong faith is helping her through this and she is not alone.

oldgoat Fri 03-Nov-17 07:33:26

Just popping in to wish MacSporran a very happy birthday today.

kittylester Fri 03-Nov-17 07:37:21

Just popped in to do the same og!cupcake

MawBroon Fri 03-Nov-17 07:55:48

A birthday treat for McSporran
Happy Birthday!

www.glasgowlive.co.uk/news/glasgow-news/parliamo-glasgow-stanley-baxter-still-11413553

MawBroon Fri 03-Nov-17 08:00:21

Wrong link!
Hope this one works better.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfCk_yNuTGk

cornergran Fri 03-Nov-17 08:06:44

A huge happy birthday to macs. Hope your day is just as you want it to be.

baubles Fri 03-Nov-17 08:12:24

Good morning and happy birthday to MacS Sláinte mhaith brew

Greyduster Fri 03-Nov-17 08:21:20

A very Happy Birthday, MacSporran! Hope you have a lovely day ??!

NanaandGrampy Fri 03-Nov-17 08:45:22

Morning all !!

I'm sorry I missed your post last time ann I'm so sorry to hear you're having a hard time, but that little ray of sunshine letting you get out is good.

We're being a bit petty at the moment and haven't replied to our buyers email. He kept us waiting for months and we have responded immediately every time, so he can wait on us this time smile

We had decorators in for the first time last year Jane and what a pleasure !! I will be doing it again here. They were quick, did a great job and I didn't have to bash Grampy with the frozen leg of lamb !! I hope yours go well.

Thanks Maw I hope we can nip our buyers expectations in the bud too !!

Glad you have Christmas sorted, I need to know well in advance what I'm doing too!

Grampy could do the work Oldgoat and if it comes to it, he and our SiL will do it but it isn't something he really wants to get into. I'm glad you enjoyed your meet up.

I feel your pain aggie we were only offline for 5 days but oh how I missed it !!

Swanny luckily there is NOTHING but knee high grass in our garden currently, so bring your gardening gloves when you visit wink

Yes Corner when I reply I shall be asking for 3 quotes and for it only to cover the specific items not any vague decorating he thinks he can get us to pay for grrrr

Happy Happy Birthday to MacS enjoy your day !! And did I miss Greys birthday yesterday??? Hope you had a wonderful day too !!

We are in a state of high excitement....our new( shorter) wardrobes are arriving today so by Monday...all our boxes of clothes etc may have a new home !!!

Watch this space xx

cornergran Fri 03-Nov-17 09:19:31

Don’t blame you for not rushing to reply to your buyer, n&g. You never know he may back down when presented with a reasonable request for quotes.

I smiled at your wardrobe pleasure. My biggest smile yesterday came when I could install the new tea towels and other bits and bobs in our - finally - decorated kitchen. Sadly we didn’t have decorators but we have finished with our marriage intact, so another reason to smile.

Decided to ditch the food shop and go for a wander today in an attempt to lift the spirits. Who needs food?

Take care everyone

MawBroon Fri 03-Nov-17 09:24:40

Just squeezing this in N&G
their house now, their problem
caveat emptor

Bellanonna Fri 03-Nov-17 09:40:00

That was very funny MawB

Bellanonna Fri 03-Nov-17 09:40:25

Stanley Baxter

baubles Fri 03-Nov-17 09:45:06

Just read your bus saga baggs. I used my bus pass in Edinburgh the other day and the driver had no interest in where I wanted to alight. He ‘didn’t need to know that’. How do Lothian Buses reclaim the fare, I wonder?
Do they just have a flat rate for us oldies? I do realise it matters not a jot.

Greyduster Fri 03-Nov-17 09:48:55

Hello the kitchen! A late start for me this morning; I was awake most of the night, so I am still loafing around in my pyjamas. Who cares!
Glad to hear you are digging your heels in with the B word who bought your house, N&G. He deserves nothing more from you than a kick up the backside! As you can see, I am in belligerent mode this morning. You didn’t miss my birthday; it’s not until tommorrow, but I am trying not to think about it ?. I may just stay in bed and pull the covers over my head!
Corner glad to hear that you and Mr C survived th decorating. I am a firm advocate of getting the decorators in, but DH has his “I will do it” head on for the two spare bedrooms, so I am just going to let him get in with it. We have already come to gentle blows regarding the colour scheme. He really hasn’t got a clue in that department.
GS stayed over on Wednesday night and on Thursday morning, when I had managed by dint of threats and raised voices to get him off his iPad, we made brandy snap biscuits before he went home. They turned out better than I expected, despite his rather cavalier approach to the necessary processes. He was very impressed with winding them around the handle of a wooden spoon, and then we dipped the ends in chocolate. In the afternoon we collected DD and went for a walk in the woods, collecting chestnuts on the way, which all ended up in my pocket as I was the only one with a pocket big enough. Funny, that!? Then everyone lost interest in them so they are currently in a bowl in my kitchen! As most of them are not really big enough to eat, I expect they will end up in the bin. I might try and cook a few in the microwave. Last time I cooked chestnuts they exploded all over the oven.....

Swanny Fri 03-Nov-17 11:05:06

Happy Birthday MacS wine Hope you and soop enjoy the celebratory fish and chips!!

soop Fri 03-Nov-17 11:13:49

Hellooooooooooooooo Goodness gracious me! It's almost time to open the new kitchen. I'm about to get all smartened up for the birthday fish and chip lunch in the village school. Five pupils and six villagers. Thank you for MacS's greetings. I shall need to return this afternoon to read all the messages that have been gathering in my absence.

soop Fri 03-Nov-17 11:14:25

So, is this the moment I open the new kitchen? Let's see...

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion