Gransnet forums

Chat

Happy Thread

(74 Posts)
chelseababy Fri 13-Oct-17 12:33:25

Someone suggested there was too much doom,gloom and moaning on gransnet so here's an opportunity for some happy or good news....

My partners son and his fiancée are coming on Saturday (with granddog) - I'm really looking forward to it and enjoying planning the menu.

Sheilasue Sat 14-Oct-17 12:27:04

Nice to here all the happy news congrats to those with new gc and gdogs have a great time and enjoy.
We are off to a Sunday lunch for gd 17th birthday tomorrow.
A lovely pub in Kent. Have a good weekend everyone.

Christinefrance Sat 14-Oct-17 12:34:16

Lovely sunny day here, just finished a pile of ironing then walking with the dogs.
Friends here for lunch tomorrow.
Hope everyone has a good weekend too.

Tippy22 Sat 14-Oct-17 12:34:19

Lovely thread about being happy. I keep smiling every time I watch the little videos I took of my GD singing and dancing when she stayed with us last weekend and we get to do it all again next weekend. Also the prospect of another GC due in December also makes me happy.

inishowen Sat 14-Oct-17 13:17:29

I'm happy because I've been to a little church sale this morning. I came away with a huge ball of pink wool, a brand new hand bag, a Thomas the Tank train set, a toy rattle, and two ceramic plant pots. I spent around £5. What better way to spend a Saturday morning.

downtoearth Sat 14-Oct-17 13:23:51

Have an empty washing hamper very happy sunshine

MissAdventure Sat 14-Oct-17 13:28:58

I'm cooking a version of a soup recipe I saw on this site. Lovely smell of paprika floating around the flat. smile

bikergran Sat 14-Oct-17 13:35:44

thanks all... smile smile smile I feel Like I have had a win on the lottery lol.

My mum says..try to think of something nice when as you are going to sleep.

Rosina Sat 14-Oct-17 13:49:36

My DS and GC are coming tonight and we are going to have a fish and chip supper; the sun is out and my garden looks amazing, every shade from cream to deep red in the leaves. My dog is 'smiling' at me, and all is right with the world at this moment which is all we have anyway.

Happy day, everyone! XX

merlotgran Sat 14-Oct-17 14:27:35

Just got back from the garden centre having filled the boot with bargain plants.

Fingers crossed for the nice day they've promised tomorrow. smile sunshine

Serkeen Sat 14-Oct-17 14:41:06

got to spend some time with my grandson today played basket ball and football with him .. made me realise how unfit I am gonna do something about that smile

Nelliemaggs Sat 14-Oct-17 14:48:00

This is the first weekend since we learned that one of my GCs who has had a bone problem since birth is on the mend and is now allowed to jump, run and kick a ball. We celebrated this morning with a walk in the park where he kicked the leaves and a visit to a playground which has been off limits much of his life. So joyful.

Greyduster Sat 14-Oct-17 14:54:07

AT LAST!! My bathroom is finished! I can't even remember when we started it, and often wished we hadn't, but it is finally lovely, so today, I am happy. Add to that a lovely chatty lunch with DS - the icing on my cake!

Hipsy Sat 14-Oct-17 15:09:47

How lovely Nelliemags

My happiness right now is a few days off work and an Indian takeaway tonight.And maybe a glass or three of prosecco grin grin

Daisynance123 Sat 14-Oct-17 15:50:49

Tomorrow is my GS 11th birthday so we are giving him a birthday weekend. Off to see the latest Lego film in a minute then for a burger ( his choice).
Tomorrow is 'underwater crazy golf' ....no,I haven't a clue either ,then out to special lunch then back home to a spectacular birthday cake my daughter has created...something to do with tanks. So love birthdays !

nanaK54 Sat 14-Oct-17 16:23:40

Lovely weather here today has made me feel very happy - lots of gardening jobs completed smile

sweetcakes Sat 14-Oct-17 16:53:18

It's nice and warm no heating on and door is open fresh air! Got some gooseberry bushes for sons allotment and some Olives from a food fair and Best of all a cuddle from DGD life can be good

maddy629 Sat 14-Oct-17 19:01:55

Have a great time chelseababy, I love the sound of granddog.

Maggiemaybe Sat 14-Oct-17 19:23:12

We've just had a lovely visit from DD1, and we made a Hairy Bikers apple cake using the windfalls from DD2's tree. It was so good I made a second one when she'd left, and this one hasn't sunk - practice makes perfect!

bonnieronni Sat 14-Oct-17 19:25:21

I’m off to Melbourne on Tuesday for my granddaughters 4th birthday, neither her or her brother know I am coming so it’s a big surprise for them. Can’t wait to see their faces when they have to wake me up on Thursday morning. A fun few weeks ahead. ?

chelseababy Wed 18-Oct-17 21:45:32

I'm meeting a friend for lunch tomorrow in Cambridge - haven't seen her for over a year so looking forward to a good natter over lunch and a glass of wine.

downtoearth Thu 19-Oct-17 08:52:21

Eeek just had some happy news that I am unable to share..something I thought would never happen....will come back and say when I am allowed

Maggiemaybe Thu 19-Oct-17 08:56:14

Now that’s intriguing, downtoearth! Whatever it is, I’m sure congratulations are in order. grin

downtoearth Thu 19-Oct-17 08:57:40

wink maggie