Gransnet forums

Chat

OK, some might say that this should be under "Bereavement&qu ot; but I am so proud!

(55 Posts)
phoenix Tue 12-Dec-17 23:39:16

Today, 12th December 2008, my youngest soon took his own life at the age of 19.

Although I'm not a great Facebook user, ages ago I set up a separate folder for Facebook stuff.

I am so happy and proud to see that even after 9 years, his friends still think of him fondly, and post on a special page that they created after Facebook removed the "wall" that was created when he died, which his friends and I would like to see reinstated.angry

The posts today include the fact that the snow the other day reminded one friend of the time he and DS2 went sledging and blowing up snowmen with bangers ( hmm not sure I would have approved of that, ) and other "interesting" reminiscences!

I suppose what I'm trying to convey is that he still seems to be very fondly remembered by his peers, and for people of their age, 9 years after the event, must say something!

My darling boy, loved, missed and thought of every day.

Tallulah57 Wed 13-Dec-17 22:10:18

flowersflowersflowersflowersflowers

moomin Wed 13-Dec-17 22:30:17

phoenix flowers x

grannyqueenie Wed 13-Dec-17 23:01:44

That’s so lovely that those young people still remember your son as a much loved friend, phoenix and miss him still as you do too. Thank you for sharing it here, this must be an especially difficult time of year for you flowers

Jalima1108 Wed 13-Dec-17 23:30:39

It is lovely that they have all posted their memories of him phoenix.
They will never forget him because he sounds as if he was a very special to them all
flowers