Happy as can be
All good pals and jolly good company.
Never mind the weather
Never mind the rain
As long as we're together...
Woops we go again.

WELCOME. Make yourselves at home. flowers

annodomini Thu 22-Feb-18 10:01:26

You put me to shame, soop. My ironing board is beckoning to me and I do need to use it if I want to wear a decent pair of trousers today! A couple of jumpers need de-bobbling before I wear either of them again.

NanaandGrampy Thu 22-Feb-18 10:05:48

Morning all !!

Lovely picture maw . I think once those curls disappear they stop being truly babies ! He's growing so fast.

Glad your cruise companions are sorted Galen , I am sure you and Bella will have a whale of a time .

Welcome home to the UK Fennel , hope you will have time to relax in a little while and get over the move !!

Hope you're feeling brighter today Ann . I cant imagine how you feel but am in awe of you just getting on with it.

I am off out to look at paint colours for the orangery, the lounge and hall....its going to be painful !!!

Back later

MawBroon Thu 22-Feb-18 10:41:16

It looks as if you were camped out on top of the O2 callgirl!
The prices of some things really do remind us that it’s a different world out there, don’t they?
It can’t be down to wages as hospitality, whether restaurants or hotels, is notoriously underpaid.
My suspicion is that big profits are indeed being made somewhere.
Lovely to see the DGCs yesterday. DD brought a pot of tiny daffs to plant on Paw’s grave. I had already popped in some crocus and snowdrop bulbs so that once it is grassed over the Spring flowers will go on growing up through the grass. There are already crocuses and aconites and snowdrops all over the churchyard. Such a lovely peaceful spot.
I walked on round the church with the little ones to give her a few minutes alone with her Dad, I thought she needed that. I think she bottles things up too much in her efforts to cope with 3 children, demanding job, big house with permanent workmen in, and life at a gallop and it can make her brittle. She doesn’t often let it all out.
It doesn’t get any easier though. I cried at the dentists yesterday morning! R has been our dentist for the past 10 or 15 years and used to be one of DD’s Young Farmer buddies. She lost her Dad about 5 years ago and was very understanding and sweet.
Some patients are an occupational hazard.

soop Thu 22-Feb-18 12:55:11

Popping in to check that you lot have a kitchen. It matters to me. A massive amount of ironing done. anno My friend has everything ironed - even dish cloths and dusters. Time for a quick brew before we leave for the audiology appointment.

Maw You are marvellous. flowers

N&G I fancy painting one wall in our kitchen a soft terracotta colour. I'm getting the urge to do some decorating.

Farewell for the time being. I shall pop in again at five o'clock.

Bellasnana Thu 22-Feb-18 15:46:31

Hello, all. Is this kitchen still open? I was expecting another new extension.

Today is a red letter day for DGD as it is her 7th birthday. I’m so glad I am able to spend it with her, although she is at school just now.

She has grown up such a lot in the eight months since she left Malta to come to Florida. Still the sweet,loving child she was, but so mature for her age.

Hot and sunny here with a bit of a breeze. My only small niggle is that my body still thinks we are in Malta so I’m tired all day, sleep too early, then spent from 4am bright-eyed and bushy-tailed. Oh well, all worth it to be with my girls.

Have added a couple of photos of the birthday girl and also a woodpecker who came to visit smile

Thoughts are with you all, especially those with sadness, illness etc to contend with. flowers

kittylester Thu 22-Feb-18 15:47:36

I'm just popping in for a check on Ann but there is no news - was it today all the equipment was being delivered? Hope she's ok.

Maw your visit to PAWS grave sounds a lovely peaceful thing to do. I think of you lots especially when DH is being a pain. I'm sure you'd rather have Paw here being a pain too and it really makes me think about how you are managing. Your family sound as though they are keeping an eye on you. I have a bottler - DS1 is very stoic and it is sometimes difficult to break through isn't it? flowers

Glad the cruise is sorted Galen though I do worry about the butler!! grin I cried when my Citroen Dyane had to go. We only needed one car and Dh strangely thought his Volvo was a better bet. confused

That's what you call convenient callgirl. Presumably you abseiled down to your seats?

Welcome home fennell would you like the grans to swoop by and evict your tenants?

N&G did you need to use the leg of lamb?

I have got yet another bloody a UTI but to add insult to injury the tablets of choice, that aren't Trimethoprim (sp), made me sick so I've spent the last two days either in bed or under a blanket feeling very sorry for myself. I'm on the mend - or was until I came down and saw the state for the kitchen!! grin

kittylester Thu 22-Feb-18 15:49:55

x posts Bella. You and your gorgeous DGD look very happy.....and warm!

Fennel Thu 22-Feb-18 16:38:23

Kitty grin - good idea!
I feel like going there, knocking on the door and taking up residence.
But legally it wouldn't help. PG we'll get our house back sooner rather than later.
Panorama last night was about landlord v tenant, and it seems tenants are beginning to have more rights.

NanaandGrampy Thu 22-Feb-18 16:50:17

I made it back in one piece although Grampy's idea of green and mine are miles apart!! I found the perfect Farrow and ball colour but a) I'm not paying F & B prices and b) Grampy - and I quote ' Just couldn't see it' !

He'll be seeing starts if he doesn't see it soon lol ! No leg of lamb needed kitty ! yet!

Sorry to hear you've been proper poorly , hope you're feeling better soon.

Loved the pictures Bella , nothing like time with the little ones. We're off to Florida ( our favourite place) in May and can't wait for those blue skies and sunshine days.

Hopefully it will all be resolved quickly Fennel . I think its right Tenants should have rights but equally Landlords too . Just not wanting to move out doesn't seem to be a good enough reason in my opinion . Fingers crossed it moves on quickly.

Your churchyard visit sounds very peaceful Maw.

Galen Thu 22-Feb-18 17:24:51

We’re off to the Canaries forxmas again.

callgirl1 Thu 22-Feb-18 17:31:00

Your visit to Paw`s grave sounds very peaceful and comforting Maw, I hope it was so for you. I don`t have a grave to visit, but we`re all traipsing up to Kintyre again in April to say Hello to David again. We have 3 Remembrance days, on his anniversary we went to the hospice garden for a short while, then all of us went for Sunday lunch out. On David`s birthday we all gather for a meal out, then on the anniversary of scattering his ashes, we go back to Kintyre, where I`m also hoping to end up, the family have been informed.
Bella, lovely photos. We went to Florida in August/September, and it was STIFLING!
We didn`t need to abseil down to the dome, there was a corridor from the hotel to one of the entrances to the dome, which was nice and convenient, especially coming back after the show. Our other window in the room overlooked the Thames.
Soop, I iron dusters as well, for which my daughters tell me off, they also tut-tut at me for ironing tea towels and knickers.

callgirl1 Thu 22-Feb-18 17:32:53

I`m hoping for the honour of being the last poster in this kitchen, but I bet someone beats me to it, lol!

MawBroon Thu 22-Feb-18 17:44:43

I can hardly think of a nicer place than Kintyre Callgirl Paw the girls and I had lovely holidays there including sailing a Topper in a sealoch further up the coast.
What I like about the village churchyard is that it is a nice wee walk, we go up there most days, Hattie and me, and walk down through 2 fields of trees and (at present) snowdrops to the road through the village and home past the house we first lived in when we came here 33/34 years ago. It is very peaceful, just the occasional dog walker.
What a lovely sunny day it has been too, if the media hadn’t been full of the arctic conditions we are to expect, I would have said nearly Spring.

soop Thu 22-Feb-18 17:49:46

I'm smiling because there is good news. Bellasnana your joy is written all over your face. Bella lives up to her name. Beautiful!

Galen is happy. What's not to like about that!

N&G That's a top notch brand of paint. I believe the firm is used by the National Trust. wink

kitty I know only too well how ghastly UTI's are. I have had so many and all the antibio's can have a knock-on effect that drains the little energy one has. With a front and rear prolapse I'm very familiar with the discomfort and seem doomed to deal with them in my own sweet way. Having said that, on Friday week I have another appointment that may result in yet another colonoscopy. Oh boy...

Yesterday's post brought with it a lovely book that MacSporran had sent away for. It's called - 'The Poetry Pharmacy' by William Sieghart. 'Tried and true prescriptions for the heart, mind and soul'. It is perfect. I love the contents and really would like to order a few for close friends.
MacSporran's inscription is a tear jerker. I shall treasure this gift for evermore.

Audiology appointment went well. Visit to the care home likewise. Friday's Tesco shop done a day in advance. I'm happy to be home at last. It is bitterly cold outdoors.

The new kitchen will open at breakfast time tomorrow. Until then, lots of good wishes from Kintyre. smile moon

soop Thu 22-Feb-18 17:53:45

Hello callgirl1 We said hello to David. x Should any of you lot be the final visitor (to this kitchen), would you please open the new kitchen. Soop's warmly welcoming kitchen. Many thanks.

Charleygirl Thu 22-Feb-18 19:12:03

We should be on the move fairly soon.

JaneD3 Thu 22-Feb-18 20:53:17

Nanaandgrampy B&Q will mix you any F&B colour in a range of finishes. X

kittylester Thu 22-Feb-18 21:13:43

soop, I shouldn't complain really when you have your much worse problem. I was just floored and we all know how depressing that is especially straight after a funeral.

You book sounds really lovely - you have a super husband.

Anyway, I'm not telling you this but DD3 had a scan today and she is 7 weeks and 1 day pregnant!! The baby is due on 10th October - our wedding anniversary - assuming all goes well. It's going to be a long haul!!

NanaandGrampy Thu 22-Feb-18 21:25:01

Thanks Jane

NanaandGrampy Thu 22-Feb-18 21:25:56

Shhhhhhhh congratulations Kitty !

cornergran Thu 22-Feb-18 21:54:37

Sneaking in while the kitchen is still here. Been out all day today. Nice day but I’ve come home feeling what I can only describe as weird, off to my bed in a moment. My apologies for not responding properly to a busy kitchen day. Just to say I’m pleased for you with happy things, sad for you with difficult days and I hope to be more with it tomorrow.

MawBroon Thu 22-Feb-18 22:15:44

Lovely news Kittyl - keeping everything crossed for her!

JaneD3 Thu 22-Feb-18 22:15:46

Great news Kitty ! shhhh

Marydoll Thu 22-Feb-18 23:02:51

Dear Soop and all the lovely ladies in the Kitchen, I'm just popping in to extend the hand of friendship from the regulars in the Argy, who want to invite you all to a knees up in the Argy tomorrow night.
Although we are a rough lot, we want to offer hugs to all of you who are ill, sad and worried at the moment. The lovely * Soop* will testify we are actually big softies.
We have just managed to get rid of most of the fleas and rats and Big Jim and wee Wullie have promised to be on their best behaviour, if you accept.
However, we could never equal the high standard of home baking in the kitchen, but Chewy has managed to rustle up a wonderful spread from food she found under her sink( just don't look at the "sell by date".)
There are all sorts of potions to drink from the depths of cellar, however we don't have antitdotes for some of them, so drinker beware.?. Look out especially for the cocktail, Meno has invented in your honour. It's lethal. ?
We have also found an old bottle of rhubarb cordial for the teatotallers. It's a strange shade of brown, but tastes ok.Please feel free to pop in, all welcome.
The highlight of the evening will be the *"entertainment"
I'm a wee bit worried about that, as NannyTee has organised it, and she is playing her cards close to her chest.?
Looking forward to seeing you all and hoping that tomorrow is a better day for those who are suffering.

annsixty Fri 23-Feb-18 05:40:06

As I am awake very early I thought I would log on to see how everyone is.
kitty I pray everything will go well with your DD.
soop I see more investigations could be your lot, I wish some help for you.
Maw I hope you soon feel better which may enable you to deal better with your grief, as if anything could in these early days.
For all under the weather, I wish you all an improvement in your situation.
For the ones with good news I am happy for you.
I myself am just sad but resigned to my lot.
I think I may now close this kitchen, I am sure the next one will be just as comforting as this has been, in good times and in bad, I will leave someone else to open it.

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion