Gransnet forums

Chat

Brickbats and bouquets

(53 Posts)
grannyactivist Wed 17-Jan-18 00:01:16

I never thought I would say this , but today I accompanied a homeless man to a Fitness for Work (PIP) Assessment and the receptionist and assessor were each faultless in the way they conducted themselves. shock This has not been the case in the past and I have levelled many criticisms at the way my clients have been dealt with previously, so I wanted to go on record and offer well deserved praise. The receptionist in particular oozed care and compassion - this in spite of my client being very late due to a panic attack. She gets my virtual bouquet. flowers

I have no idea whether we will receive a positive outcome, but the process itself took over two hours and included a permitted break when my client became agitated. The system is (in my view) undoubtedly broken, but it was very gratifying to meet caring people who are discharging their duties with compassion.

Who would you like to award a brickbat or bouquet to?

NannyTee Thu 18-Jan-18 18:27:48

Twiceasnice. And who could blame you. That is just so very wrong !

callgirl1 Thu 18-Jan-18 21:57:12

Enormous bouquets to my 2 younger daughters who`ve helped me so much in the 15 months since my husband died. They took turns in taking me to all the places I needed to go to report the death, sort out financial affairs, and arrange the funeral and get together afterwards. The younger one took me to London for a day, and we went to a concert at the Albert Hall that she paid for, then took me to Nottingham to a show for my birthday, we stayed over, then back to London and the Albert Hall again, staying over this time. My second eldest daughter and her husband also decorated my new kitchen for me. So really, there aren`t enough flowers growing for these two.