Gransnet forums

Chat

How many lipsticks do I need?

(80 Posts)
Diggingdoris Sat 05-May-18 09:45:48

I am trying to clear out some of the old cosmetics I've had for years. I only use lipstick nowadays, and I seem to have about a dozen different brands and colours. But do you have favourites? I tend to use about three , but I'm loathe to throw the others out. Sadly my very best favourite is no longer available, so I am frugally using a lip brush to use up every last bit inside the dispenser. So I'm trying now to use up some of the other half used colours, that no longer seem to suit me by mixing two together, either with the lip brush or just putting two different coats on. I sound like a miser, but as most of them were expensive brands (from when I was working), it seems a shame to waste them.
Is anyone else out there as daft as me?

kendraallen Tue 19-Jun-18 08:35:22

I only use one colour from one brand (aren't I boring) but I have at least 6 - one in the car, one in my bag, one in the cabinet in the downstairs loo,

kendraallen Tue 19-Jun-18 08:36:50

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

12Michael Tue 19-Jun-18 09:17:37

Being a bloke I find this amusing, last weekend I was on a bus ,and the person who sat next to me brought out her I phone , only to use the camera facility to apply lipstick , she brought out the lipstick applied using the IPhone, instead of a mirror which many still do use.
Mick

bikergran Tue 19-Jun-18 09:30:43

Lindylou I am with you I dont like skirts.I love trousers jeans (Im sure I really should have been male) hmm

I love any kind of tools..so you would find me in the D.I.Y department rather than the make up department lol.

But! recently I have been wanting to try a little make up.
I work on a checkout at well know supermarket and are therefore face to face with customers all the time.
A lot of my colleagues to make an effort with make up, some dont. (me being one of them)

In fact I had a nice comment few weeks ago where someone said they had pleasant service...and after describing me with the lady that looks natural with no make up and mousy blondish grey hair lol. (I think I was pleased lol)

Anyway my dd bought the JML product so whilst she was out I put it on one half of my face...and waited...and waited....eventual she said.."Ohh you've put some make up on"! lol oh that looks ok better than it looks on me as its a bit pale..but I have pale skin.

So going back to lipstick...my trouble is ..around the edge of my mouth is always dry sort of lacking moisture I have no idea why, maybe im lacking a vitamin? or Ive thought it could be my toothpaste but nope.

So when I put any lipstick on its all wiggly and not defines as my skin seems rough and dry

Any suggestions gratefully .received.
I've tried Vaseline every night, also numerous creams co co nut oil etc etc .

I ate some beetroot the other day and what a mess as the beetroot had sort of soaked into the rough dry bits (my lips were nice and pink though lol grin