Gransnet forums

Chat

Yet another ridiculous advert!

(38 Posts)
phoenix Thu 28-Jun-18 20:44:44

Just now, for shampoo.

The ad focussed on sport, and winning, finished with the voice over "let nothing hold you back, not even dandruff"

Not even dandruff? shock Is dandruff known to affect your running/jumping/throwing ability?

I could just about tolerate "let nothing hold you back, especially not dandruff" but even that would have me harrumphing!

Any ads that really annoy you?

kittylester Thu 28-Jun-18 20:50:32

phoenix, it's a well known fact that dandruff is really, really heavy!

Maggiemaybe Thu 28-Jun-18 20:53:39

And of course it could fly into your eyes, temporarily blinding you and causing you to stagger out of your lane...

lemongrove Thu 28-Jun-18 20:56:26

Nearly all ads annoy me, so I like to record programmes and then whizz all the ads through at top speed.
The one that used to annoy me most, a naked woman in the shower washing her hair with an orgasmic smile on her face was the same ad that DH liked the best.grin

1974cookie Thu 28-Jun-18 20:59:30

Hi Phoenix.
The one that annoys me at the moment is the chap who asks why you have not tried to get your misplaced PPI back, and do you not know that there is a deadline!
Time that company take their share of your claim, you will not have anything left worth bothering about judging by the small print shown briefly on the screen.

However, on a good side, the TV advert that always brings a lump to my throat, is the Lloyds advert with all those beautiful black horses racing across the beach to meet all those people who have got up before dawn to meet them. There is something just utterly magical about it.

Jalima1108 Thu 28-Jun-18 21:00:23

It slows you down lemongrove

However, the advantage is that it could fly into the eyes of anyone just behind you and cause them to trip

Jalima1108 Thu 28-Jun-18 21:02:19

beautiful black horses racing across the beach to meet all those people who have got up before dawn to meet them.
that wouldn't be me then (before dawn? confused)

I hope horses don't get dandruff.

lemongrove Thu 28-Jun-18 21:03:20

What slows you down?The massive amount of foamy shampoo or dandruff?grin
If that nuddy woman ran in a race it would slow down all the other competitors.

lemongrove Thu 28-Jun-18 21:04:04

Lady Godiva?

Maggiemaybe Thu 28-Jun-18 21:05:08

I bet she had a lot of dandruff.

Maggiemaybe Thu 28-Jun-18 21:06:44

And used a lot of shampoo.

phoenix Thu 28-Jun-18 21:14:17

Love the horses too 1974 !

However all those adds trying to convince people (especially mothers) that unless you use extra stuff in your laundry,and to clean your floors and worktop, your children may be exposed to (shock, horror!) GERMS shock

Once the little things are on the floor and crawling, they will be touching everything and putting random things into their mouths!

Menopaws Thu 28-Jun-18 21:14:17

Stick lady g on the horse and you've got two ads in one, that would save time

Jalima1108 Thu 28-Jun-18 21:16:23

and putting random things into their mouths
like beetles and flies unless you're quick enough

But don't worry, they may grow up to be a biologist

Jalima1108 Thu 28-Jun-18 21:17:36

however, do worry if they have a tendency towards chemistry and want to be a chemist - they could be inventing even more anti-dandruff shampoos one day ...

lemongrove Thu 28-Jun-18 21:18:11

Random things like the kitten’s tail Phoenix (DGD)?
Thankfully she didn’t chomp down, just sucked it a bit.

phoenix Thu 28-Jun-18 21:39:33

lemongrove grin

Eloethan Thu 28-Jun-18 23:35:53

The adverts seem to be getting more and more annoying. At least at one time some of them could be quite amusing.

Nanna58 Thu 28-Jun-18 23:44:13

Cannot bear the one for men whose hair apparently ‘works hard’ !!??? Speaking of adverts, ate a flake yesterday and got it all over me , the dog, and the sofa, so respect to that 70’s woman in the sexy ad!

sodapop Fri 29-Jun-18 08:03:16

The Tena lady ones trying to convince us their pants look attractive when really they don't.
Do we need such detail as well with incontinence and sanitary items, we all know what they are used for.

Alexa Fri 29-Jun-18 08:11:46

I like the one of that lady on the big white horse cantering by the sea in slow motion, It's either for toilet paper or shampoo. I don't care, it's a pleasure to look at.

Also the Lloyd's horses on the beach I do love it. I liked the one of the noble horse accompanying a person through all the trials and tribulations.

I cannot look at that ad of hundreds of people making a horrid coloured pattern waving their arms about it looks like a fungus growth.

Ads that show people doing maniacal dances make me look away and dislike the product.

TwiceAsNice Fri 29-Jun-18 08:23:08

The bloody meerkats!! I wouldn't buy this insurance if it was the only one available

Elegran Fri 29-Jun-18 09:00:23

My all-time favourite was the one where the elegant woman (Anna Chancellor) daintily applies dabs of face cream, then the camera pans out and it turns out to be the froth on a pint of Boddington's. Husband (Nigel Havers?) in evening dress then helps her on with her wrap and sniffs appreciatively, "By 'eck, lass, you smell gorgeous".

glammanana Fri 29-Jun-18 10:57:10

That was a classic ad Elegran.
At the moment I can't bear any ads done by the chap who hosts The Crystal Maze he does quite a few different ads and I still can't make out what he is selling.
He does grate on me for some unknown reason.

Alexa Sat 30-Jun-18 09:26:27

I hate the sight of that Italian tenor with the corkscrew moustache .