Gransnet forums

Chat

Hot weather? how much longer?

(109 Posts)
oldbatty Sat 14-Jul-18 18:57:09

does anybody have any idea please? So much for Bill King the amateur meteorologist!!!!

Iam64 Tue 17-Jul-18 20:54:43

Nope, not being smug, not accusing anyone here of moaning about the weather - just saying I don't intend to moan about the weather.

Nelliemoser Wed 18-Jul-18 00:20:36

No rain here in Cheshire yet. At least its cooler. Those days of over 25C nearly finished me off.
I cannot cope with 30C I felt a whole lot better when it had cooled down a bit.

Iam64 Wed 18-Jul-18 08:23:57

We are just north of Manchester Nellie - we've had two absolute downpours, thankfully. The moorland fires are still being controlled by fire crews and volunteers but in smaller groups than previously.
The lawns around here are already looking less dead, it's amazing how quickly they recover.
I'm enjoying the change in weather, it's part of the joy of living in the UK.

NfkDumpling Thu 19-Jul-18 14:05:25

I was wondering about those fires Iam as there’s been several straw blazes in Norfolk, some while the combines are working.

Still no rain here. There’s still a yellow warning of thunder storms from the Met office for tomorrow, but the chance of rain has dropped from 60% to 40% and now5%!

Alexa Thu 19-Jul-18 14:10:46

Is it Britain's early experience of global warming? I enjoy the warmth and sun however there are big changes to diets and water usage about to happen what with Brexit too.

FlexibleFriend Thu 19-Jul-18 15:36:34

I'm English and have my windows open all year round. I like sunlight so I'm not going to sit in the dark. My garden looks ok depending on where you look , the pots are fine but some of my shrubs are looking very poorly. I had the hose on a couple of acers yesterday evening because the leaves were very crumpled and falling and they're not even in the sun. Might pop out and see how they're doing in a minute.

Iam64 Thu 19-Jul-18 17:21:14

Autumn is starting early, with dry, copper coloured leaves on the trees and falling from the trees.
The fires on Saddleworth moor and Winter Hill are controlled though crews are on standby in their vicinity. The damage to the echo system is not yet fully understood, though it’s significant

luluaugust Thu 19-Jul-18 17:50:38

The DGC break up this week and we have visitors soon, so I guess it will finish around 1st August.