Gransnet forums

Chat

How to scare DH

(60 Posts)
Nannykay Sun 15-Jul-18 23:00:41

We sat in front of the tv this evening, watching outlander, I was munching on some grapes, one foot on the puff the other flopped on the floor, I was very comfy. So, I feel a tickle on my foot, the one on the floor, so I think, stupid fly, and wiggle my foot. Seconds later it tickles again so I wiggle, this goes on for a few minutes before I look down, I had just bitten into a juicy grape, so when I looked down and there was the biggest, blackest spider on my leg, I took a deep breath to scream and chocked on the juice !.

Poor hubby, frightened him to death, the sight of me hitting my leg with the cushion, and face going purple.

I’m not sure how it all got sorted, but sort it he did,

Strange thing is, I can know see the funny side, but he just keeps growling at me.

Outlander was good though

gmelon Tue 17-Jul-18 17:36:06

lemongrove
I may be having nightmares after reading your posts

We're passing on sleepless nights because I'm getting nightmare vibes from Muddynails and her bat tales.

MaggieMay69 Tue 17-Jul-18 22:25:55

Ohh no, you never kill a spider! They look after the home and protect us from the missies and the horrible flies! lol.
One even caught a wasp the other week, I was very pleased as two of my grandchildren are allergic.

Also, my daughter told me that if you kill a spider, and another spider finds his body, they go and tell their mates and they all come round to wreak their vengeance! lol

I love spiders..all of ours end up being called Harry. Have no idea why! x

Menopaws Wed 18-Jul-18 07:35:12

My previous dog would pursue a low flying fly around the lounge for ages and if he didn't notice it going out of the window I used to throw a raisin on the floor so he thought he had caught it, otherwise he would still jump about looking for it.

seacliff Wed 18-Jul-18 07:38:08

I have a irrational fear of spiders, can't even read this whole thread

muddynails Wed 18-Jul-18 15:38:21

This gets worse and worse gmelon
First having so many dead spiders in the bath you need to shovel them out
then a carpet of dead bees
now howling from the chimney -- are things being moved about and are there thumping noises...............do you have a basement?

gmelon Wed 18-Jul-18 17:48:32

muddynails
If there were thumping noises in the (yes there is a) basemement I hope they enjoy themselves.
As a 98% tee total family we keep alcohol for visitors and celebrations in there grin

muddynails Thu 19-Jul-18 08:57:39

gmelon, not quite the "Amityville Horror" I was thinking of grin

madmum38 Sat 21-Jul-18 17:11:08

I bought a plug that when it is plugged in stops the spiders coming in as well as flies etc,happily say no more spider problems

Auntieflo Sat 21-Jul-18 19:33:56

Our big hairy spiders, usually appear around October, and are all called George. I used to be afraid of them, but have grown out of it now.