Gransnet forums

Chat

Online shopping

(58 Posts)
MissAdventure Sat 11-Aug-18 18:47:14

I think it may be time that I bite the bullet and do my shopping online.
It seems a fair few people do, and I'm wondering how easy (or hard!) it is, and who you shop with, please?

MissAdventure Thu 16-Aug-18 21:04:37

Thank you.
It came, and I've been pleased with the quality.
Just one substitution, (I got a more expensive item for the same price) and some grapes which are close to the sell by date.
I can live with that. smile

fourormore Thu 16-Aug-18 21:14:14

We regularly use Iceland home delivery but go into the store - I prefer to pick out what we want and often change my mind while there, but like other posters we struggle to carry everything now that the car has gone to Corsa-heaven!
We have the best of both worlds this way - no substitutions, option to change mind and we only need to spend £25 to get free home delivery with a choice of time slots for delivery.
They also sell the heavy or bulky goods such as potatoes and loo rolls so the home delivery is a real help to us.

Melanieeastanglia Thu 16-Aug-18 21:36:08

I think online shopping must be a boon for people who can't get out and about but I like to go into town and see people. I quite enjoy shopping for food too.

OldMeg Fri 17-Aug-18 06:55:01

Online shopping is great for heavy or bulky items. You could just use it monthly to stock up on these, if you’ve room to store and still visit shops to choose your vegetables, fruit, meat etc..

Best of both worlds

MawBroon Fri 17-Aug-18 09:15:08

Exactly Old Meg plus a potter round a Farmers’ Market when you feel like it.
My experience of the local weekly market that if you go after lunch but before they pack up, there are some fantastic bargains as they are virtually “giving” the fresh veg away!

OldMeg Fri 17-Aug-18 16:44:32

We have a market every Saturday and that is so true Maw. The fresh, usually in season veg, is almost given away..

I love the Chocolate Market we have once a year!

Maggiemaybe Fri 17-Aug-18 17:02:42

I've done my grocery shop online for years, and because we use Tesco, Sainsburys and Ocado we are always sent discount vouchers to use, sometimes just 7 pounds off a shop, often as much as 12. Midweek deliveries and Click & Collect mean we never pay above a pound for delivery/collection. We've tried Asda (not impressed) and Morrisons, who were good, but have never sent us any offers after the first shop. Tesco is my favourite - they always have plenty of online offers and are very efficient. They also price-check and are very generous with substitutions, so we often get more than we ordered for the same price. We still buy the bulk of our fresh food locally, and have our milk delivered.