Gransnet forums

Chat

In the interest of market research.....

(107 Posts)
Chewbacca Tue 02-Oct-18 15:18:29

I have been to Aldi today and they've just started to get some of their Christmas foods in stock. Obviously, I wasn't going to even look at them but wait..... they had boxes of Violet Creams in Dark Chocolate. Purely in the interest of market research, and with your best interest at heart, I bought a box and scoffed them the minute I'd unpacked my shopping. They were gorgeous! I did this as an act of altruism because I'd never have forgiven myself if any of you had considered buying some and they hadn't been divine. Just £1.49 a box. They had Rose Creams too which might also need to be investigated on your behalf. See how good to you I am? grin

Jalima1108 Fri 05-Oct-18 14:31:32

Ooh, I could order those for Christmas presents

um,
bottle of good botanical gin in a blue bottle
bottle of good single malt
bottle of very dry sherry
bottle of Greek brandy 5*
bottle of cassis to be diluted with good champagne

ps I rarely drink spirits, so plenty for everyone else there too.

GrannyGravy13 Fri 05-Oct-18 15:32:02

I am off to Aldi tomorrow morning, I will se what goodies they have to offer!!

I booked my Waitrose Christmas delivery slot last night, had to order over £60 to secure it, I have no idea what I ordered but will return to it nearer the time.

We shop daily throughout the year and use Aldi a lot.

Rufus2 Sat 06-Oct-18 11:44:12

Howzat?! Cheers
Lemongrove; Not Out! Your batting list contains only 8; you need another 3 plus a 12th. man to satisfy the umpires. Jalima +?
Now take notice everyone; our Spring has finally sprung; a string of lovely warm 24C days, no rain (pity really) and as if on cue our clocks go forward 1hr. tonight; that's right, we will be 10hrs. ahead until the end of Oct. when you go backwards to 11 in arrears.
Anyway back to business! I've started my own market research using your cheat sheet, Lemongrove, although whilst studying it doing my navel-gazing exercises yesterday in the garden in full sun (but not in the nuddy; no way!) I fell asleep and woke up in time to go to bed; slept like a log. grin
Had some cheese and pickled onions to kick-start my taste buds this morning and now back to my survey. wink
Sláinte is táinte

Rufus2 Sat 06-Oct-18 12:45:21

bottle of good botanical gin in a blue bottle
Jalima; My word, you've been brought up proper, like! I've been rushing back and forth to Dr.Google checking out all those new (to me ,anyway). thirst-quenchers.
Hope you're not around when it's my shout. grin. I'm suspicious of the "blue" bottle though. All the ones I've met usually have the letters "P.O.I.S.O.N" embossed down the outside; I caught up with a jolly swagman camped by a billabong under the shade of a coolibah tree and he vaguely remembers blue bottles containing stuff that was used to prevent foot-rot in sheep, but that was made illegal by Worksafe. shock
Can you replace it with some West Country apple cider? That would bring back memories. brew

Jalima1108 Sat 06-Oct-18 14:23:44

Am I allowed to advertise?
I mean Bombay Sapphire.
Other gins are available - in fact, more and more gins seem to be available!

Jalima1108 Sat 06-Oct-18 14:28:43

Can you replace it with some West Country apple cider? That would bring back memories.
Ooh aarrr!
Although my preference is for Herefordshire cider.

our Spring has finally sprung

The spring is sprung, the grass is riz.
I wonder where the boidie is.
They say the boidie’s on the wing.
But that’s absoid. The wing is on the bird.

Attributed to Ogden Nash when I was at school, but that is a moot point now, apparently.