Eugenie’ wedding

(323 Posts)
Anniebach Wed 10-Oct-18 17:53:25

I have read

1 matron of honour

8 attendants

2 special attendants

Jalima1108 Wed 10-Oct-18 23:35:57

I'm rather surprised at the lackadaisical attitude you talk about Granny23 - especially as I understood Scotland is at severe threat level.

Granny23 Thu 11-Oct-18 00:24:41

Severe threat level? threat of what? and from whom? 1st I've heard of it.

paddyann Thu 11-Oct-18 00:29:18

only threat we're under is from WestminsterJalima1108 we're very well liked and respected by most other folk ,Westminster however treats us like muck on their shoes.

gillybob Thu 11-Oct-18 07:56:43

Just wondering what that £2 million security bill could buy ?

So very sorry to hear your DH’s respite care is being withdrawn Annsixty . This is just so unfair . I guess they have to claw some of that £2million back from somewhere . angry

eazybee Thu 11-Oct-18 08:11:29

Unfortunately, if withdrawn, the £2 million would not go into health care, it would return to police funding.
Why this silly woman has slavishly imitated her cousin's wedding and attempted to outdo him instead of creating her own I do not know, (or care).

annsixty Thu 11-Oct-18 08:15:58

Actually gilly I pay the full cost of the daycare myself, it is not commissioned by SS.
It costs £60 a day and £ 20 for the taxi, so no saving to them.
I have not been told why it is being withdrawn. The residential respite is subsidised and that is ending as they need the rooms kept for respite for permanent residents.
For that I was paying £150 a week to the LA and £100 a week to the home in top up fees.

Anniebach Thu 11-Oct-18 08:16:49

Other members of the family have married in Windsor , she has gone too far with the carriage drive and inviting the public into the grounds. .

Nanabilly Thu 11-Oct-18 08:22:04

I'm wondering if it's Andrew and Fergie wanting all this fuss like Harry and Meghan had. As if to say our children are just as important as yours to Charlie.

Anniebach Thu 11-Oct-18 08:29:23

I wondered that to Nanabilly. Andrew wanted his daughters to be working royals but Charles stopped that same as he passed the cost of security for them onto Andrew. Same with property, William, Harry, Zara have homes on the family estates not have their own estates.

sodapop Thu 11-Oct-18 08:36:59

Yes I think its Sarah & Andrew wanting all this pomp and circumstance. Andrew in particular is very keen to see his daughters treated as royal princesses. Would that he had taken a leaf from his sister's book in the upbringing of his children.
I think the carriage drive is a step too far as well.

gillybob Thu 11-Oct-18 08:44:31

Yes I get that eazy

That’s terrible Annsixty it seems it’s all about making the most money and obviously a permanent resident is more lucrative . Shocking that they can’t see the desperate need for you to have a break . Do they think you are some kind of robot ? angry

MawBroon Thu 11-Oct-18 08:55:04

I wouldn’t count their chickens re the carriage ride, the weather forecast is distinctly iffy

Anniebach Thu 11-Oct-18 09:04:26

They can have a coach with roof Maw ?

sunseeker Thu 11-Oct-18 09:51:39

I wish them well but Andrew and his family are probably the least liked of the RF - something he seems incapable of accepting. They would have done themselves more favours if they had kept the wedding low scale and not tried to out do Harry and Meghan.

annodomini Thu 11-Oct-18 09:55:13

I suspect that - at least before this week - if you'd mentioned Eugenie to most people, They'd have asked, "Who?"

Situpstraight1 Thu 11-Oct-18 10:00:16

I imagine that the high level of security is because Prince George and Princess Charlotte are rumoured to be amongst the pages and bridesmaids.
I also think that Andrew and Sarah will be trying to elbow their children into the limelight after Charles’s sons weddings.
But if they want a lavish wedding and aren’t next in line to the throne, they should pay for it ALL themselves.

Jaye53 Thu 11-Oct-18 10:15:21

Yawn

Anniebach Thu 11-Oct-18 10:18:00

There has to be high security, queenie, Charles, William, their children, harry. If they were blown up ?

wilygran Thu 11-Oct-18 10:19:27

I enjoy nosing into other people's weddings & outfits, but I won't bother with this one. Instead I will pay out for the Hello or Hola recent coverage of the richest family in Spain wedding! I reckon the fashions will be better!

Hm999 Thu 11-Oct-18 10:21:10

Annsixty so sorry to hear you're losing what little support you have.

Totally uninterested in wedding, but am prepared to pay for security to protect big crowds of people at any big event. However lots of big events have to pay for police presence/security people (I go to a lot of football matches). Who decides which pay, and which don't? And will there be big crowds? (Pupils shouldn't be taken out of school, as there is no educational value. Anyway taking kids off-site means about 3 hours of paperwork)

Willow10 Thu 11-Oct-18 10:22:29

Sounds like its going to be the most expensive, unmemorable non- event of the decade.

Jalima1108 Thu 11-Oct-18 10:23:17

It will be interesting on many levels.

GabriellaG Thu 11-Oct-18 10:24:39

It's going to be televised by ITV who are doing a special edition of This Morning and Eammon Holmes and Ruth Langsford are hosting it.

JennyLH Thu 11-Oct-18 10:27:43

I hope the wedding goes well. The security cost will be because of the guests attending, the queen, and other members of the royal family, not the bride and groom. She is the queens granddaughter as much as William and Harry are her grandsons. I will watch if I am at home but will catch it on the news.

GrannyGravy13 Thu 11-Oct-18 10:34:16

I wish the marrying couple well, as I would any couple starting out on their married life.