Gransnet forums

Chat

Ambulance waiting times.

(52 Posts)
travelsafar Fri 12-Oct-18 07:39:43

Unfortunately last night as we were leaving our whist club one of the ladies fell in the carpark, she tripped on a kerbstone.The lighting was quite poor in the area she fell due to very tall trees blocking the street lighting. We gathered to assist her, one lady calling for an ambulance as she had hit her head and was bleeding quite heavily, her arm was hurt and also one of her knees, only to be told there was a wait of up to 5hours!!! It was dark wet and getting chilly and this poor lady was lying on the ground. In the end we managed between us to get her up, no mean feat as she was badly shaken bless her and in pain. One of the couple from the group decided to take her to hospital themselves. She managed to get into their car and off they went after contacting her husband who said he would call their son and get him to take him to the hospital and meet her there, as she had their car in the car park. We have allheard about the waiting times for ambulances for non emergencies and last night we all in that group experiencedit. I am only glad we were able to resolve the problem ourselves between us. Imagine isf you were just two of you in that situation you would have been waiting for the 5 hours in the dark, wet and cold.So sad that one of our greatest services has come to this.

POGS Mon 15-Oct-18 10:50:49

It is interesting to note that countries are happy to use provision by ' Private' companies whereas here ' to some ' it is a diabolical act.

Indeed one major political party has said it will stop any use of ' Private ' health care and I may be alone in thinking I am happy for both systems but the funding and profit needs to be looked at and ask why it obviously works well in other countries.