Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday

(38 Posts)
12Michael Sat 13-Oct-18 06:25:04

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark, wet and windy this morning in Brackley , I plan to go nowhere today.
Caught a bit of a cold , plus my usual Saturday is disrupted with a fair in Buckingham.
Its the last real day on the cycling calendar so intend to watch the racing on TV today.
And then start to prepare slowed cooked beef in slow cooker by preparing some of the veg.
mick

DoraMarr Sat 13-Oct-18 06:37:12

Good morning 12Michael! Up early in dark and rainy Birmingham to snatch a quick cup of tea before baby grandson wakes up. My other daughter is coming to lunch with her daughter to take over while I go to Tai Chi. They were hoping for a walk in the park, but the weather forecast is not optimistic. Slow cooked beef sounds delicious!

Marydoll Sat 13-Oct-18 06:59:44

Good morning Mick and Dora. It's pretty dark and miserable here in Glasgow this morning.
Not much planned, apart from hiding upstairs away from the kitchen fitters.
There is now a problem with a pipe from our year old boiler, so the floor will have to come up.? At least it's been spotted before the new units go in.
I did get a glimpse of my new range cooker. I've waited over forty years to be able to afford one and can't wait to get cooking. I'll probably be able to open a restaurant now.grin. I was mortified when the old hob was removed. blush. The amount of muck underneath it was embarrassing. blush
Dora enjoy your day with your wee grandson.
Your beef sounds delicious, Mick, enjoy.
Have a pleasant Saturday, everyone.

ffinnochio Sat 13-Oct-18 07:00:18

Good morning to you all!
Stormy grey out there.

ninathenana Sat 13-Oct-18 07:03:06

Morning Mick Dora and everyone.

I haven't opened the curtains yet but I can hear the wind still blowing. Yesterday was bright and mild, and today will be the same. The torrential rain is due to hit Kent over night.
No plans for today, just pottering.
Have a good day people.

Greyduster Sat 13-Oct-18 07:26:48

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. It is pickling down in South Yorkshire this morning. We are expecting the plumber in an hour to complete the work on the downstairs loo, so no loafing around in bed drinking coffee this morning. It is the last of the modernisations we have to do to this house, so Whoopee! Have a good day folks.

NfkDumpling Sat 13-Oct-18 07:30:50

Morning All

Another apricot sunrise in the north of Norfolk and it looks like another warm, sunny and blustery day.

So, a garden day planned before the rain arrives here tomorrow.

Nana3 Sat 13-Oct-18 07:31:09

Good morning all, wet and windy with flood warnings in Lancashire.
I am nursing that cold too Mick , will stay indoors today. Hope all goes well with builders today Mary .
Have a good day everyone.

NfkDumpling Sat 13-Oct-18 07:31:30

(Nothing from Kitty yet? Is this a good sign? )

ninathenana Sat 13-Oct-18 07:43:41

I did wonder Nfk

Blue45Sapphire Sat 13-Oct-18 07:45:28

Good morning all; damp, grey and windy here in Northampton. Lazyish morning, then off to watch Northampton Saints Rugby this afternoon so hope the weather perks up; first match in the European challenge cup, playing Clermont, so a break from the premiership. Meeting daughter there, so that will be nice. Then off to son's this evening for fish and chips and Strictly - please don't tell them I never watch Strictly! Looking forward to fish and chips though!

harrigran Sat 13-Oct-18 07:45:34

Good morning, damp and dark here in the NE but the wind seems to have eased.
A day of sorting clothes today as we are going to the Lakes tomorrow to celebrate our anniversary. I have a lot of muscle and bone pain so it is going to be a slow process.

ginny Sat 13-Oct-18 07:46:16

Good morning. Still wet and windy here in N. Devon.
Driving home today so not a fun day.
Hope you all keep dry .

kittylester Sat 13-Oct-18 07:48:34

Morning all from a very blustery north Leicestershire.

Just a late start for me - sorry!

But, watch this space as I've just had a heads up...........!

PECS Sat 13-Oct-18 07:50:25

Morning all..still blustery here! Hope that everyone is looking forward to their weekend. Hope too that Kitty has good news soon..
Will spend some of today sorting out the fallen trellis with the rose & clematis on that blew off the side of the house yesterday evening. Had to do some brutal cutting last night in the dark to stop the rest coming down ?

annsixty Sat 13-Oct-18 07:50:45

Oh how exciting kitty
You will be a bag of nerves all day.
Good morning everyone.

gillybob Sat 13-Oct-18 07:53:09

Good morning everyone x

Fingers crossed today’s the day kitty smile

Willow10 Sat 13-Oct-18 08:04:59

Good morning all from a bright, mild East Northants. Yesterday's rain missed us and I'm hoping it will today too. Meeting youngest son and girlfriend in Northampton for a catch up. They both work such long hours, it's a treat to see them. I'm trying to work out an alternative route to avoid the new shopping complex roundabout, which is always gridlocked at the weekend. Fingers crossed Kitty! Enjoy a pleasant day everyone.

cornergran Sat 13-Oct-18 08:05:07

Morning Mick, morning All. Another very windy and wet start in our corner of Somerset. Two of ours slept over so better get a wriggle on to sort breakfast. Wow kitty. Sounds like an exciting weekend ahead. Stay safe everyone.

Pittcity Sat 13-Oct-18 08:13:42

Good morning from sunny Colchester. It's already 20 degrees here and rising. Going to be a Summer day here before the storm hits tonight. Will get the washing dry and ironed today and do some shopping...battening down the hatches tomorrow.

Gagagran Sat 13-Oct-18 08:13:46

Good Morning everyone. It's not as wild and windy as yesterday here on the south coast but still breezy.

Fingers crossed kitty - hope you get the expected news shortly.

I am nipping up to the garden centre when it opens at 9am as they sent me a £5 voucher for use this weekend only. I am going to get another bag of compost with it. DH is out wiht his bike club and I have nothing else much planned for the day.

Hope it's a good day for us all. sunshine

Brunette10 Sat 13-Oct-18 08:19:31

Morning all, can't believe it's Saturday once again!. Dark and dismal here in Fife this morning and doesn't look like it's going to be much of a day. Kittylester, keeping fingers crossed for you! New cooker sounds very exciting `Marydoll. Not much planned for today but to be honest glad t have a quiet day. No doubt will fiid something to do around house though. Hope everyone has a good Saturday despite weather. enjoy!

MawBroon Sat 13-Oct-18 08:24:17

Ooh! Kittylester....?
Good morning all, it is blustery isn’t it?
I’m in Bedford today on a one day course on Jane Austen’s short novel, Lady Susan.
No I haven’t read it, but saw the TV play a couple of months ago so will either have to maintain an enigmatic (but fascinated) silence, or wing it!
Keep safe and hold on to those hats!

Writerbird Sat 13-Oct-18 08:24:26

Good morning everyone, good to meet you. I'm new here, joined up a week or so ago.
Damp and windy here in Gloucester this morning as well as warm and humid. Yesterday we had high winds and lots of rain so I stayed indoors. The trees in the park opposite my window are looking a bit battered now.

oldgoat Sat 13-Oct-18 08:24:42

Morning all
We are on a coach travelling from York to Falkirk to have a ride on the Wheel. Then on to a hotel in Drymen for a few days . Looks as though it's going to be wet and wild but I've got my winter walking uniform. We were to have sailed on The Waverley paddle steamer but that's been cancelled and they are taking us to Mount Stuart house instead. Disappointing!

Have a good weekend everybody