Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday

(29 Posts)
12Michael Mon 15-Oct-18 06:31:42

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark and its wet outside this morning in brackley , intend to pop out later .
Signs of a cold are there, my beef in a slow cooker worked but went a little OTT, will learn next time, but the beef was tender and not dry as per an oven roast.
Mick

absent Mon 15-Oct-18 06:42:09

Good morning/evening 12Michael. It has been a gloriously sunny day here in New Zealand, although the southerly wind coming up from the Antarctic and over the hills has been a bit chilly. We have Shepherds Bush Pie for supper tonight – my West London version of a classic. Mr absent is peeling potatoes right this minute.

oldgoat Mon 15-Oct-18 06:52:28

Morning all.
Up at the crack of dawn to travel to Fort William for our trip on the Steam Train to Mallaig .
Hope we have the same lovely weather as yesterday. The scenery is magnificent with so many trees in their autumn colours.
Have a good day everyone.

ninathenana Mon 15-Oct-18 06:53:07

Morning Mick absent and everyone.

Dark outside but I can't hear any wind or rain. Showers are forecast.
DH is going to tackle my recently deseased aunt's garden today. She had a gardener but she wasn't any good.
I will be pottering and also making my version of a cottage pie later i.e. mince and tatties. Enjoy yours absent.

NanKate Mon 15-Oct-18 06:56:33

Good Morning Mick Absent and All to follow.

Dark and cool here in South Bucks.

Find it really hard to get up in the dark and go to Keep Fit for 9.15 on a Monday but I must do it, just need a good kick up the derrière ?

NanKate Mon 15-Oct-18 06:58:03

Morning too to Nina and Oldgoat. I love steam trains.

kittylester Mon 15-Oct-18 07:00:34

Morning all from a wet, windy and cold North Leicestershire.

Why is the weather bad when I am going to the hairdresser? I also have a blood test and dental check up today.

Glad the beef was successful Mick, what was OTT?

Enjoy your trip, og and hope the weather stays fine

It must be Mince Monday - we are having chilli!

Greyduster Mon 15-Oct-18 07:07:46

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Too dark to see what is going on with the South Yorkshire weather, but it looks wet! I had enough wet yesterday to last me a lifetime!! I can’t go far this morning as I have to wait for a telephone call to review my medication. We also have to get the problem of the damaged vanit unit sorted out. So an in day. I shall make a steak and kidney pie for tea. Glad you’re enjoying your holiday Oldgoat. We did that train ride - it was wonderful! Have a good day folks.

NfkDumpling Mon 15-Oct-18 07:20:34

Morning All

Dim, grey and damp in the north of Norfolk.

The weather matches my mood. DH sent me to bed early last evening and I was up in the night to top up my Lemsip and this morning I’m coughing nicely, which hopefully means I’m on the mend. I don’t do unplanned illness very well (operations being planned and can be worked around) and am very grumpy. Humph.

Gagagran Mon 15-Oct-18 07:22:52

Good Morning everyone.

It's looking gloomy and semi-dark here on the south coast but the wild winds overnight have died down and we are not forecast rain. Not quite as mild as in recent days and the CH kicked in at 5am.

Today, apart from the usual laundry, I intend to sort out my ever-growing pile of paperbacks ready for the charity shop. I have run out of shelf space so needs must. I hate parting with books but they seem to proliferate behind my back and the time has come to sort them out.

Hope we all have a good day.

gillybob Mon 15-Oct-18 07:24:42

Good morning everyone x

Well it’s monday again so back to that place. Only 11 more years to go .

12Michael Mon 15-Oct-18 07:25:25

The OTT , I did to much veg so will go and buy a blender to make into a soup.
Mick

Blue45Sapphire Mon 15-Oct-18 07:27:09

Good morning all. Dark and damp in Northampton; can't see whether it's raining or not. Yoga this morning followed by coffee and chat. Will see how the rest of the day unfolds. Not doing much. Enjoyed yesterday's cinema showing of the Cliff Richard concert, and had two glasses of Prosecco! (One for each half!)

kittylester Mon 15-Oct-18 07:28:46

Good idea Mick and worth doing again!

NannyJan53 Mon 15-Oct-18 07:40:20

Good Morning from a wet, dark and windy Black Country

My cold which started over a week ago still refuses to go away! I have been coughing nicely for a week now NfkDumpling and getting fed up.

So an enforced staying in today.

Have a good day everyone

ginny Mon 15-Oct-18 07:45:21

Good morning all. Dark and damp.
Have to follow DH to the garage to leave his car. Then, a day in town catching up on shopping that needs to be done. Not our favourite thing.

PECS Mon 15-Oct-18 08:01:07

Good morning to you all! I can't hear rain so I am guessing it has eased! The blind is still down! I have a completely empty day today..so will be finding displacement activities to avoid anything like tidying or cleaning! I might follow Micks example and make some soup!

MawBroon Mon 15-Oct-18 08:02:51

Good morning all from a damp and dismal corner of N Bucks
I hope those who need it will get better weather and am so glad for oldgoat that her day looks set fair, what a wonderful trip!
Indoor day for me whatever, 18th century masterpieces this afternoon.
Wishing you all a pleasant day.

Marydoll Mon 15-Oct-18 08:04:34

Good morning all, we have the most beautiful sunrise here in Glasgow. I slept like a log, for the first time in months.
Waiting for men to come and measure up for the new work tops. They forgot to come previously, when we built the utility room, so I shall be making a phone call first thing. In the end they turned out to be lovely men and did a great job. OldGoat, I envy you!
I hope you get your vanity unit replaced Greyduster, it's such a pain when that happens, especially when you were hoping have it all finished.
For everyone feeling under the weather, flowers

Pittcity Mon 15-Oct-18 08:06:31

Good morning from a grey, damp but mild Colchester.
Walking Netball this morning and meeting our local Bobby this afternoon with neighbours to discuss the ongoing problem with undesirables in our Close.

We are having spag bol for #mincemonday.

cornergran Mon 15-Oct-18 08:07:29

Morning Mick, morning All. Grey, chilly and damp in our corner of Somerset. Mr C is muttering because the heating is on. Seems the thermostat needs adjusting hmm. Feel limbo-ish, little enthusiasm for anything, apparently we need an early lunch as we are venturing out this afternoon, not sure where though. Best get organised. Hope Monday is kind to everyone.

Brunette10 Mon 15-Oct-18 08:09:48

Good Morning everyone, a lovely start here in Fife this morning, cold but bright. Oldgoat the scenery is beautiful up where you are and if the sun manages to get out it's even better = enjoy. Glad to hear you slept well last night Marydoll things will work out. For those who have plans today - enjoy for those who don't have anything in mind - relax. Have a great day everyone!

DoraMarr Mon 15-Oct-18 08:18:58

Good morning Michael, Annie and everyone, from a grey and rainy Birmingham. I have a pre-op appointment this morning, followed by the opticians this afternoon ( I know how to enjoy myself, but would much rather be on the train to Mallaig .) The twoBirmingham Literature festival events I managed to get to yesterday were great, and I have a new pile of books to prove it!

Willow10 Mon 15-Oct-18 08:19:39

Good morning all. Grey and wet in East Northants, I don't think the rain has stopped since yesterday. Hoping it eases a bit later so that I canat least get out to the shops - more than one day indoors and I start to go stir crazy! Have a pleasant day everyone.

Auntieflo Mon 15-Oct-18 09:20:16

Good morning Mick, Annie to come, and all others.
It's definitely mince Monday, as we also are Bolognese-ing, snap Pittcity.
A friend bought me some beautiful apples, so a pie might appear later.
It's wet and grey here, and the heating is on, so cosy inside.
Have a good day one and all.