Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday

(32 Posts)
12Michael Tue 16-Oct-18 06:22:14

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark, misty and wet here in Brackley this morning.
My usual day out to Bicester and Buckingham today, hoping a change in weather happens?
Mick

kittylester Tue 16-Oct-18 06:25:31

Morning Mick, morning all.

It looks a bit foggy but it's not cold in North Leicestershire.

Flu jabs today! Dh is still suffering with an awful cough so I'm not sure he'll get his.

cornergran Tue 16-Oct-18 06:34:30

Morning Mick, Kitty and All. Woke at 5 with cramp then the face ache started. grrr. It’s dark of course but dry and no mist that I can see in our corner of Somerset. Off to meet a GN friend today, Mr C said he is taking the opportunity to sort some minor decorating in my absence. Not sure that’s safe but time will tell. hmm. Good luck with the flu jabs kitty, hope Mr K manages his, we were told it’s just a high temperature that contra indicates so he may succeed. Hope Tuesday is kind to everyone.

Gagagran Tue 16-Oct-18 06:41:40

God Morning Mick, kitty, *corner and everyone.

We are promised a pleasant sunny day here on the south coast with mild temperatures. The good weather is helping the work on road widening outside our house progress quite quickly but even so we face another month before it is scheduled to be done.

Plans for the day are fluid here but I am sure will involve some garden tidying.

Hope all those on the sick list are feeling a bit better. flowers

ffinnochio Tue 16-Oct-18 06:55:46

Good morning to you all!
Foggy.
Loving the company of American son ?

silverlining48 Tue 16-Oct-18 07:08:16

Greetings its day no. 3 in P rotaras, Cyprus where the sun is up, the sea is clear and warm. Very much enjoying a bit of t and r, enjoy your day all wherever you are.

silverlining48 Tue 16-Oct-18 07:10:27

T and r? It’s the sun blinding me...sorry! smile

Blue45Sapphire Tue 16-Oct-18 07:35:46

Good morning from a damp and dark Northampton. Going to club this morning - we have a speaker coming from the local hospice, so should be interesting. Nothing planned for this afternoon, so may well start sorting through late PIL's old photos which have been in a box under the stairs since 2002, and before that in a bag under the stairs in PIL 's house since the beginning of time. I have bought proper old fashioned albums with photo corner mounts. Just hoping I recognise people as some of the photos go back to wartime and before.

Auntieflo Tue 16-Oct-18 07:42:36

Morning Mick, Annie to come, and all others. The bin men woke me hurling the bins around outside. It's very grey, damp and dismal here, so am jealous of your sunshine Silverlining48. Another usual Tuesday for me and volunteering this afternoon. I had a good sort out yesterday and so have got two bags of surplus stuff for the charity shop. Get better soon all those who are coughing and sneezing, and enjoy your day one and all.

NanKate Tue 16-Oct-18 07:48:51

Morning All.

Grey and damp on South Bucks.

As I was waiting for the kettle to boil for my morning cuppa I saw that the beautiful red leaves from the ivy creeping up the wall had all blown down onto the ground ? I can’t remember it being that windy, maybe the rain did it.

Off to Rummykub today.

oldgoat Tue 16-Oct-18 07:51:12

Morning all
Fingers crossed that the weather stays fine for our final day in the Scottish Highlands. We are off for a ride through the Queen Elizabeth Forest Park to Loch Katrine and a cruise along the loch on The Sir Walter Scott steam ship. Then home via Callender. I can't recommend this area too highly for a holiday. It's really beautiful (especially in the sunshine!).
Hope you all have a good day.

Brunette10 Tue 16-Oct-18 07:52:35

Good Morning all and to those who follow. It's quite grey and still here in Fife today, not sure if the sun will come out like yesterday, it was just beautiful. Have coffee this morning with a friend then not sure what the rest of the day will bring. Hopefully all will be fine with everyone, chin up for those not on top of the world.

Willow10 Tue 16-Oct-18 07:53:52

Good morning all. Grey and misty in East Northants but still mild. You just reminded me that my flu jab is today too Kitty. For some reason it's always followed by a splitting headache the following day! But at least I'm prepared. Hope it's a pleasant day for everyone.

Marydoll Tue 16-Oct-18 07:54:25

Good morning all. It's a bit grey in Glasgow and rain is forecast. silverlining, I'm so envious! We love Cyprus.
I may take myself off into town for a few hours, while DH decorates, I would rather be out of the way.grin
DS2 and partner are coming to visit tonight and bringing dinner, as we still have no cooker. The kitchen saga continues. Who knows what we will be eating. grin. I'm just grateful that I don't need to improvise tonight.
Have a good day everyone.

ginny Tue 16-Oct-18 08:00:10

Good morning. Grey and damp in N. Bucks.
Feeling rather warm as the 3 way valve has gone on the boiler so heating was on this morning. DH will be fixing it today.
Housework and some sorting out for me and lunch with a couple of friends.

MawBroon Tue 16-Oct-18 08:08:57

Good morning all from a murky moisty N Bucks.
Hope the rain holds off as I am looking forward to lunch with a GN friend in Oxford.
Retail therapy may also feature wink
Wishing you all a pleasant day.

Pittcity Tue 16-Oct-18 08:25:46

Good morning from a brightening Colchester. Still warm here but humid. Temp. back in the 20s this afternoon. No firm plans today, this and that I expect.

GrannyGravy13 Tue 16-Oct-18 08:26:01

Good morning all from a dull SE Essex, it is meant to brighten up by mid morning. Been awake since 3am, cannot get used to sleeping in front of house, hopefully back in my room next week.

Builders still here they have started on the lounge also so I am hiding in the spare room.

NannyJan53 Tue 16-Oct-18 08:29:33

Good morning from a damp Black Country.

Supposed to be meeting friends for lunch today, but still cannot shake off this cold, so will have to cancel sad

Will have a good natter on the phone this morning to my friend who moved to Lincolnshire a year ago. We are making plans to have a 'girls' holiday next year, and we are going to stay with her over New Year, so looking forward to that.

Have an enjoyable day everyone.

Anniebach Tue 16-Oct-18 08:50:13

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Derek forecast rain for here again today.

Hope everyone has a good day x

Greyduster Tue 16-Oct-18 09:07:54

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Bore da Annie. I am very late this morning, having well and truly caught up on the sleep I lost the night before. A dry day in prospect for South Yorkshire. We are off into town to look at light fittings - and (whispers) maybe a new camera. Have a good day folks.

Anniebach Tue 16-Oct-18 09:10:39

Bore da Greyduster x ?

aggie Tue 16-Oct-18 09:14:34

Good Morning everyone , nice and bright here . Today is my day for doing nothing smile , somehow every other day has a task or an appointment . Yesterday was the dentist , but I have a 6 month reprieve ... whew

harrigran Tue 16-Oct-18 09:15:32

Good morning, grey and damp here in the north.
Flu jab does have side effects if you get the over 65 one with the booster. DH has been really poorly, me not quite as bad. It was an expensive vaccination as we are having to pay for the hotel stay that we could not attend.

annsixty Tue 16-Oct-18 09:21:20

Just a small reassurance from me, My H and I had no side effects from ours at all.
You were very unlucky with yours Harrigran especially missing your hotel break.