Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday

(31 Posts)
12Michael Thu 18-Oct-18 06:23:51

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark, but its dry expect a nice today, my usual bus jaunt today to Buckingham and Bicester .
Then when I get home weekend plans start , as I prepare to ready for my nephews wedding more tomorrow.
Mick

kittylester Thu 18-Oct-18 06:36:14

Morning Mick, morning all!

It's still dark in North Leicestershire but I do know it's not raining.

Slightly disturbed night as I have a sore arm from my flu jab. Alzheimer's course this morning and Sainsbury's this afternoon for me.

Looking forward to hearing more about the wedding Mick.

ninathenana Thu 18-Oct-18 06:38:52

Morning Mick and everyone

Pitch black here still but it has clouded over since I got up as I can no longer see the beautiful star lit sky.
The dreaded MOT for my car today, I will pootle round
town whilst I wait.
Have a good day everyone.

ninathenana Thu 18-Oct-18 06:39:25

Morning kitty

NanKate Thu 18-Oct-18 07:16:49

Morning Mick and All.

Lovely calm, clear morning in South Bucks.

How lovely a wedding to look fwd to Mick I bet you will meet up with relatives you haven’t seen for ages. Yes do report back to us.

NannyJan53 Thu 18-Oct-18 07:24:11

Good Morning from a calm and still Black Country. It looks like it is going to be a lovely day.

Was supposed to be going on a coach trip with Mum to Cambridge today, but she is still not well with this cold that is going around ( I am just getting over it), so reluctantly decided it wasn't a good idea to go. It is a shame as this was booked 2 months ago!

So no real plans today.

How lovely Mick a wedding to look forward to, I haven't been to one for a few years now, I have hinted to my Neice (aged 27) but she is in no hurry! Hope it is a lovely day for the couple.

Blue45Sapphire Thu 18-Oct-18 07:29:24

Good morning all from East Northants for a change as I stayed at DD's last night after our wine club. Looks quite clear out and it's dry. The cats will be wondering where I am! They did not enjoy their visit to the vet yesterday, and turned into hissing snapping banshees, but he managed to give them their jabs! Hopefully will not have to see the vet again till next year. Home this morning and then Sainsbury's delivery this afternoon.

Marydoll Thu 18-Oct-18 07:29:46

Good morning all, dry here in Glasgow, but still really dark.
A very disturbed night, the pain in my hands has been unbearable, "someone" was in bed with me, pushing red hot pokers up through my fingers!
We have DGD today and hope to go out for a fish tea for lunch, as we still have no cooking facilities. Fingers crossed, as her asthma looks as if it is flaring up.
Yesterday the lock on the new back door broke (frantic phone call to builder), but because my hands were so weak and painful, no-one could blame me! wink, grin
Kitty, I hope your arm improves. Mick I do love a wedding, looking forward to hearing about it.
Enjoy your day everyone and I hope that those feeling poorly are on the mend.

ginny Thu 18-Oct-18 07:31:13

Good morning. Weather not too bad here in N. Bucks.
Off to collect DGS soon. Not sure what we will be doing today but sure we will be busy !
Sewing club this evening.

MawBroon Thu 18-Oct-18 07:35:28

Got d morning all from a clear and brightening corner of N Bucks.
MaryDoll you have my every sympathy. Is this a sudden worsening? So totally debilitating.
I am off to the acupuncturist again today, hoping for the same positive outcome that I had last week as things have slipped back a bit in the last 36 hours.
Wishing you all a pleasant day.

cornergran Thu 18-Oct-18 07:36:07

Morning Mick, morning All. Bright start to our corner of Somerset. Off out for some air today after a little household stuff. Hope your hands settle marydoll and other poorly people have reasonable days.

MawBroon Thu 18-Oct-18 07:36:42

“Good morning” !

ffinnochio Thu 18-Oct-18 07:41:01

Good morning to you all!

I rescued a dying standard Phontinia from a builder’s skip yesterday, which I intend to revive, so today I’ll be digging a hole.

Enjoy the weddding, Mick.

Marydoll Thu 18-Oct-18 07:41:05

Thanks Maw, my hands are always painful, but this is off the scale and there is no respite. It's a flare up, caused by the bl***y kitchen renovations. Too much lifting, no fool like and old fool, who thinks she is still twenty. grin
I need nerve conduction tests, but there is a twenty nine week waiting list (another sign of the demise of the NHS), I have already had to cancel two hand clinic appointments, as the tests haven't yet been done.
Onward and upward as they say. No point in moaning, it's boring for everyone.

GrannyGravy13 Thu 18-Oct-18 07:42:57

Good morning from what is looking to be a sunny SEEssex.

Off to exchange the new bedding for the"GCs" room, I managed to be 1 single duvet set along with a "toddler size" set, (cot bed size) that's what happpens when you shop with Husband.

Have a pleasant and peaceful day.

Pittcity Thu 18-Oct-18 07:43:14

Good morning from a brightening Colchester. Looks like a nice autumnal day.
3 year old DGS here for the day, so a walk to the play park is on the cards.

Brunette10 Thu 18-Oct-18 08:04:20

Morning everyone! Another bright day here in Fife, think we are going to have a nice sunny day again. Marydoll, I do feel for you, it must be very debilitating for you and depressing especially when you can't sleep as it appears to be all so worse through the night. Keep your chin up. Have DD and 2 x DGS today, can't wait so looking forward to having then here. Will get out and about. Hope everyone has a good day.

oldgoat Thu 18-Oct-18 08:13:53

Morning all
A lovely bright morning here in York and the builders have arrived early to crack on with the work.
Sorry to hear about your hands marydoll Hope the pain will ease soon. I'm very confused about what the Scots call 'fish and chips' : a 'fish tea' at lunch time and a 'fish supper any time of day!
Have a good day everyone

Gagagran Thu 18-Oct-18 08:17:27

Morning all!

Just back from our weekly supermarket trip on a lovely clear, calm and mild morning here on the south coast.

Hope the weather is like this for the wedding Mick.

Had a poor sleep after intense practising of the "Hallelujah Chorus" at choir last night. I was still singing it in my head at 3am! A quiet day beckons with maybe 40 winks at some point.

Hope your hands ease Mary. Does heat help them?

Get well soon all you poorly ones and have a good day everyone. sunshine

Alygran Thu 18-Oct-18 08:22:07

Good morning from a beautiful sunny North Yorkshire. There was a fabulous sunrise earlier. We have a bit of a ground frost too.
Sorry to hear about your hands Marydoll. Hope you get a resolution soon.
A friend is coming today and we are off to the Himalayan Gardens near Ripon to see the autumn colours.
Hope the day is kind to everyone.

MawBroon Thu 18-Oct-18 08:22:09

grin I could hear you Gagagran and was on the point of asking you to turn it down - in my head of course!
All I can say is that there are infinitely worse earworms!

Marydoll Thu 18-Oct-18 08:25:11

OldGoat, a fish supper is fish and chips at any time of the day, a fish tea is fish and chips, bread and butter with a pot of tea, at any time of the day. Confusing, isn't it? grin
DH will have the fish tea, I will have the three course pensioner's lunch for £5.95. Prawn cocktail, small fish and chips and a Knickerbocker glory!
I'm glad you enjoyed your trip to Scotland.
It's a nerve problem with my hands, nothing seems to work, apart from cutting them off!! However, as I "talk" with my hands, I may have a problem.grin

Willow10 Thu 18-Oct-18 08:40:44

A late good morning from East Northants - I'm another one who had a bad night with a sore arm from the flu jab. Maybe because I had it done at the chemist this time. She took so long, I thought she was drilling for oil! It's sunny and dry so a trip to the shops for me followed by coffee. Hope it's a pleasant day for everyone. Sore hands must be so debilitating Marydoll.flowers

Anniebach Thu 18-Oct-18 08:49:20

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Hope everyone has a good day x

Nana3 Thu 18-Oct-18 08:53:48

Good morning Mick and all, clear blue sky in Lancashire. I was going to stay in today but feel like a walk as the weather is so lovely. It might clear my head of this cold.
Hope you get relief for your painful hands Marydoll. Look forward to hearing about the wedding Mick.