Gransnet forums

Chat

Now available - Sainsbury and M & S offers

(49 Posts)
Maggiemaybe Fri 02-Nov-18 12:23:01

I know, I know that many of you don't hold with the M & S Advent calendar or loyalty cards, for various reasons.....

But for those of you who do, can I just point out that until this Sunday, you can get a voucher in store or online at Sainsburys that effectively doubles the value of any Nectar points you may have. The voucher then has to be spent in store and in specified departments during the week commencing 12 November. Yes, I think it's needlessly convoluted, but I'm still looking forward to spending my voucher on some clothes and homeware that I have my eye on.

And the M & S beauty Advent calendar is available now, £35 for £280 worth of good beauty products. You've to spend another £35 to qualify for the offer, but I've just bought some presents online that were on 3 for 2 anyway, so feel I've got a good bargain. There will of course be a few items in it that I won't use, but when you've got daughters and daughters in law that's rarely a problem!

DoraMarr Fri 02-Nov-18 12:25:39

I saw the M&S offer, and I’m tempted....

EllanVannin Fri 02-Nov-18 12:27:30

A " must have " by the sound of it--------sorted.

annsixty Fri 02-Nov-18 12:50:32

Well I have to say, while a lot of folk don't approve of the M&S advent calendar, I loved it last year.
My life is even more difficult this year than it was last so I already have mine tucked away upstairs.
If you have a sparks card you could order it early, so I did and it came earlier this week.
It is a bit of luxury for those who don't get it from anyone else and as I have, for several years now, I shall be donating my winter fuel allowance to Crisis and the Salvation Army.

GrannyGravy13 Fri 02-Nov-18 13:40:40

I have just picked up my M & S advent calendar, D and I shared last year, hopefully we can wait till 1/12 ??? ?

Maggiemaybe Fri 02-Nov-18 13:54:14

I loved it too, annsixty. smile And I do honestly think it's very good value, full of little treats I certainly wouldn't buy for myself normally.

GrannyGravy, you'll have to get someone to hide it away for you till December! That's what I have to do when I get a box of chocolates - the trouble is I can turn very nasty when poor old DH then won't tell me where he's put it!

Brunette10 Fri 02-Nov-18 14:09:49

Got my Advent Calendar waiting for me to collect and have already ordered by Sains vouchers. I always get my Christmas wines with my double up vouchers from Sainsbugs. Great buy!

dayvidg Sat 03-Nov-18 21:59:34

Vouchers are available to order online until tomorrow, Nov 4th, but are available in store for the duration of the promotion

chrissie13 Sat 03-Nov-18 22:09:05

The Nectar double up vouchers are great value, we got some lovely things with ours last year. I'd just like to point out though, that although the vouchers are only available online until the 4th, you can get them in store from the 5th - 18th, so you can have a look around, choose what you want and then get the vouchers.

win Sat 03-Nov-18 22:16:54

I bought the M&S Christmas Calendar last year and it was worth every penny and loads more. I loved it and will definitely be buying it gain this year.
There were only 3 items I would not use myself so gave them as presents to the youngsters. Excellent offer do try it.

icanhandthemback Sat 03-Nov-18 22:17:24

How do you 'order' a voucher, please?

morethan2 Sat 03-Nov-18 22:34:43

I sort of remember this came up at the time last year. I said then that I’d bought one for my very sick DiL to give her a little treat every day. She’s since told me that it bought such a lot of joy. She opened the boxes after school because her girls got really excited to discover what was behind the ‘door’ I’ve bought her another this year and I just hope she is able to enjoy opening each and everyone of those doors. That’ll make my Christmas.

Maggiemaybe Sat 03-Nov-18 23:21:45

I hope so too, morethan. flowers

icanhandthemback, this is where you can order your vouchers online, until tomorrow:
www.nectar.com/brands/sainsburys-double-up?cmp=181029_NEC_PRE_DU_JS_1_34&adb_src=1-b53&link=Nectar_CTA

As chrissie13 says, you can get them in your Sainsbury’s store from Monday - my apologies, I hadn’t noticed the dates were different for instore applications.

GabriellaG Sun 04-Nov-18 05:16:55

I'm always up for a bargain and I bought 2 M&S advent calendars, using the £125 gift card I received when joining M&S bank. The same card has £5pm added to it for every month that I pay in a minimum amount. I further kept costs down by using the 3 for 2 and 20% off offers. All good.

Cambia Sun 04-Nov-18 05:37:38

I have bought the M&S advent calendar for the last three years! It is such good value and a great way of trying new products. I am still using things from last years as they are not minute products. Great for taking with you when you travel too. I never find it hard to spend £35, always need knickers, leggings or nighties!

GabriellaG Sun 04-Nov-18 05:41:48

Thanks Maggiemaybe
I rarely shop at Sainsbury's as it's some distance away but I checked my points and had 12,978. Just redeemed 12,000 for £120 voucher which I would never have known about but for your thread. wineflowersgringrin

GabriellaG Sun 04-Nov-18 07:14:45

icanhandthemback
Just input ' Sainsbury's double ip vouchers' (without the speech marks grin)
Fill in your nectar number and password then choose how many points you want to redeem. You get an automated text message with a numeric 6 figure code which you input and 'Hey presto!'
A confirmation email is sent and you'll receive the voucher in 3-5 working days. I did mine at about 05.30 so be quick as online ordering of vouchers ends sometime today.

GabriellaG Sun 04-Nov-18 07:16:05

*double UP not ip blush

Esspee Sun 04-Nov-18 07:37:59

Does this thread come under advertising.

Tish Sun 04-Nov-18 07:50:42

Thanks, ladies, for alerting me to the nectar offer, I had no idea it existed, I now have £90.00 of vouchers wining their way to me. They will help enormously wit the extra expense of Christmas tho, here in Scotland unfortunately, due to the Scottish government, I cannot treat myself to some bubbles/gin/ wine?.
Onto the M&S advent calendars... I have bought them for my daughters for the last couple of years.... they both got married this year, and are in their early 30’s..... they still expect me to buy them for them.... when does it stop??

Noreen3 Sun 04-Nov-18 08:34:59

I'd forgotten about the Sainsbury's double points,but have ordered my voucher,thanks

cangran Sun 04-Nov-18 10:02:43

Thank you Maggiemaybe for the good tip-offs. I've been feeling a bit sorry for myself this week after having three front teeth extracted and finding it difficult getting used to a partial plate. I don't need any more clothes but have ordered the M&S Advent beauty calendar as a treat (just brought forward some Christmas shopping) to enjoy myself and share with my daughter.

I hadn't heard of the Sainsbury's double Nectar points vouchers. I don't shop there much and hadn't logged onto my account for years but (think) I have ordered a £30 voucher - not sure as the system seemed to insist on sending confirmation to a very old email address even though I tried to update it! If anyone else has ordered vouchers online, was the message you received just a confirmation (in which case I hope my vouchers will be sent by post) or did you have to re-confirm (in which case I'm stuffed as I won't get the message!)?

Maggiemaybe Sun 04-Nov-18 10:10:17

If you’ve had the email confirmation, your vouchers will be sent in the post, cangran. smile

I think my post would only be advertising if I was the CEO of M & S or Sainsburys, esspee (I wish!). The thread was linked to in the GNHQ newsletter, so I’m sure they’re happy with it.

icanhandthemback Sun 04-Nov-18 10:47:55

Thank you, Gabriella and Maggiemaybe. I will be the proud owner of my vouchers within 3-5 days. I'm just wondering what I can buy my DH for his birthday from Sainsbury's this month. smile

TellNo1Ok Sun 04-Nov-18 11:57:40

Unfortunately just tried for this offer only to be informed the product is no longer available.... sold out.... sad