Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday

(60 Posts)
12Michael Wed 07-Nov-18 06:21:22

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark, and its raining here in Brackley this morning, due a few household things etc today.
Nothing else planned either apart from visiting the cemetery to place some silk flowers on parentsand grand parents grave's.
Mick

Anniebach Wed 07-Nov-18 08:38:58

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Hope everyone has a good day x

Greyduster Wed 07-Nov-18 09:13:57

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Bore da, Annie. I am late this morning. Had a broken night so DH left me sleeping until just before nine. Wet and grey here in South Yorkshire, but we can’t go anywhere as DH has an “anytime between” telephone appointment with the pharmacist at the surgery. So, ironing for me I think. Have a good day, folks.

Auntieflo Wed 07-Nov-18 09:35:11

Goodmorning Mick, Nina, Annie and all. It has been raining here and looks breezy. The boiler is having it’s annual service this afternoon, so fingers crossed. Hospital later, yippee I am half way through today. Have a good day one and all.

DoraMarr Wed 07-Nov-18 09:36:55

Good morning Mick, Annie and all. Raining here in Birmingham. I’m going to drive for the first time post-op, and need to be out of the way of my lovely housekeeper, so shall go and collect my new driving specs and have a coffee and a mooch round the local shops- probably returning with a bag of M&S doughnuts.

Mapleleaf Wed 07-Nov-18 09:41:36

Morning everyone,
Greyduster has summed up the weather perfectly. It must have got quite windy through the night, too, as one of my conifers in a tub has blown over, right across the entrance of the back door - I think I'll have to go round from the front to pick it up again, and see it there's anyway to tether it so it doesn't blow over again.
Yes, there were lots of new posters, yesterday and the previous day, which is nice to see. I noticed our thread had been highlighted on the newsletter yesterday and the day before, so perhaps that's why it has reached a wider audience, and might explain it running all day due to the time differences? Anyway, it's always nice to welcome new posters.
Hope you all have a peaceful day. ?

NfkDumpling Wed 07-Nov-18 09:52:22

Lovely to hear from posters in other parts of the world, although I do need reminding where they come from. I am a bear of very little brain and no memory! (For some reason though, the whereabouts of Rufus has stuck in my mind!)

ninathenana Wed 07-Nov-18 10:06:14

Odd that Nfk smile

Although he seems to have gone quiet lately. Hope all is ok

Lilyflower Wed 07-Nov-18 10:20:17

South Bucks is as grey and wet as everywhere else but it is also gold, yellow, orange, bronze, red and green. 'Leafy Bucks' is so beautiful at the moment it has to be seen to be believed.

Catlover123 Wed 07-Nov-18 10:21:09

Hello Mick and everyone,
I used to live in Brackley, in Elm Drive! so can imagine you there. Now in South Somerset and it is raining here too! I'm off to a bible study ladies group, - might not sound like fun to some of you but we do have a good laugh and chat too!

LouLou21 Wed 07-Nov-18 10:22:20

Good morning one and all, from a very windy and wet Margate no walk by the sea for me today but mustn’t complain dry days have far outweighed the wet ones so far this year.

Hermia46 Wed 07-Nov-18 10:23:05

Morning all, from a wet north Norfolk! ...Catching up on food front and then volunteer reading this afternoon at my local primary school with year 2!

adaunas Wed 07-Nov-18 10:35:01

Good morning everyone. Here in North Lancs its sunny and breezy at the moment. I'm hoping it'll stay that way at work this afternoon when im on playground duty.
This is not a good week as we have just lost two friends. I knew one has been really ill for a long time, the other was sudden. Don't know whether to call round today or leave them in peace for a few days.

lindiann Wed 07-Nov-18 10:45:30

Good Morning from a grey and wet New Forest

Jalima1108 Wed 07-Nov-18 10:50:15

Good morning everyone (better late than never!)

It is very black out there and pouring with rain but not windy. I need to venture out to the shops for a couple of things which I could have easily bought yesterday, but forgot.
It's tempting to just stay indoors today, but at least the plants are getting a good watering.

I hope all is well with Rufus - he has gone very quiet.

David1968 Wed 07-Nov-18 10:58:37

Good morning from a windy-but-dry-and-bright corner of Morecambe Bay, Lancashire.

ayokunmi1 Wed 07-Nov-18 11:01:28

Good morning all what a lovely lively greeting .The subs begining to shine through in Harrow
You.made my day been out grocery shopping .
Home as im not feeling that well but determined to get into work
tomorrow

sue01 Wed 07-Nov-18 11:25:42

Morning all from West Northants. Plucking up courage to pull up the pots of red Geraniums which are still flowering beautifully in front of the cottage. Need to plant the Daffs for next Spring... in 28 years here I've never planted the Daffs so late ! What a funny old year it's been in the garden.

Anyway - looks like it's going to rain, so will probably leave them over the weekend for Remembrance Day. Have just bought the 8 bottles of Mulled Wine for after the Service. Warm the wine in my Slow Cooker and serve it with a soup ladle. Perfect !

Ashcombe Wed 07-Nov-18 11:26:00

Hello from France, where it’s brightening up after a damp start. I’ve only just found this thread as it was on today’s Gransnet email so I hope to join in, if I may.
I’m on my second marriage (three years and very happy) but we have an unusual relationship (my vicar calls it semi-detached!) as I have a flat in Babbacombe (Torquay) and OH lives in a village near Le Mans. We spend time together and apart and it works for us. He is British and we attended the same school although didn’t date. We got together via the now defunct Friends Reunited.

Have a good day, everyone!

NfkDumpling Wed 07-Nov-18 11:39:21

Welcome Ashcombe, it sounds as if you have the best of both worlds!

nannyof4 Wed 07-Nov-18 12:00:01

Good morning all from a wet and windy Kent,wont be going out today will do household chores instead.

mrshat Wed 07-Nov-18 12:10:22

Good afternoon. New to this thread. Rained all night and still raining in NW Herts. Lots of fallen leaves and apples! Pilates class attended now staying put for rest of the day.

chrissyh Wed 07-Nov-18 12:16:14

Was raining in Essex but sunny at the moment. Off to zumba in a minute, lunch and then a drive to pick up DGC from school.

Baggs Wed 07-Nov-18 12:20:51

Morning all! It's afternoon by some definitions but I quite like the notion that it isn't afternoon till after one's had one's lunch ?
Dreich up here. I suppose I should do some housework since dealing with garden dragons isn't really on the cards. Hey ho.

Happy days, dudes.

JMitch Wed 07-Nov-18 12:37:28

good morning everyone. Wet and wild in central London today, and grey, very grey. Wednesday got off to an interesting start - set our alarm to make sure we were up in time for a Sainsbury's delivery, then discovered they're coming this evening! But the bonus is : got all the ironing done and now have a free afternoon.

DoraMarr Wed 07-Nov-18 12:52:08

Ash I be, you are LATs- living apart together. I am too, although my partner lives only ten minutes from me. I’m glad it’s working for you!