Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday

(46 Posts)
12Michael Thu 08-Nov-18 06:23:12

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark and its raining here in Brackley this morning, my usual day out, and then start to pack again for those few days away.
Mick

harrigran Thu 08-Nov-18 09:13:04

Good morning from a sunny NE.
Yesterday I just popped out to buy a birthday card, wearing fleece and jeans, the heavens opened and we had torrential rain.
I am thinking of going out for lunch so will put on a mac that will ensure it will stay sunny all day.

Mapleleaf Thu 08-Nov-18 09:15:37

Good morning all,
It's a bit grey and dismal looking at the moment, but does look as if it's trying to brighten up a bit in the distance - the sky looks a lighter grey there!
Those of you going out today, enjoy your trips, and don't spend too much ??. (Oh, alright, then, just this once)!
Hope you are accepted by the therapist, Annie. Fingers crossed ?.
Have a lovely weekend, Mick. I hope it stays dry for you.
Enjoy your day, everyone.

Nana3 Thu 08-Nov-18 09:15:49

Good morning. Dry this morning in Lancashire. A bit of cleaning and shopping for me today.
Enjoy your trip Mick.
Have a good day everyone.

David1968 Thu 08-Nov-18 09:17:17

Good morning from Morecambe Bay, Lancashire. No rain (yet) but it's grey and dull. Off to a quiz this evening - it's surprising to me just how competitive some people get! Luckily our team just play for the fun of it. (Mostly...)

Feelingmyage55 Thu 08-Nov-18 10:01:39

Good morning all. Very sunny here and the late autumn colours are glowing in a final farewell of reds, yellows and golds. Collected all my wood for the burner, planted some spring bulbs and time for my sit down. Wishing everyone a good day, however they plan to spend it.

Feelingmyage55 Thu 08-Nov-18 10:02:26

Thank you for the welcome farview.

Lindylou57 Thu 08-Nov-18 10:19:32

Good Morning all. Rained in Milton Keynes early on but sun is trying to come out now. Housework today, should have done some yesterday and some today but spent yesterday out with daughter and grandaughter buying her first pair of proper shoes now she is up and walking everywhere. So onwards with it all today as I care for her 3 days a week and like to keep weekends clear to do whatever or nothing. Enjoy your day all.

Greyduster Thu 08-Nov-18 10:22:17

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. I was up at six this morning but didn’t have time to post as I had an early hospital appointment and got there early just in time to claim the last space in the car park. Even when they are routine, these things can be trying. Flu jabs this afternoon! Is there no end to the joy today? The school run will more than make up for it. Have a good day, folks.

sarahellenwhitney Thu 08-Nov-18 10:36:09

Nannyjan53
Phone around for another roofer.Leaving it will give you more problems and more costs as you are already seeing with water coming in and a tarpaulin needs putting over the area where the water is coming in.

Ashcombe Thu 08-Nov-18 10:51:25

Clear, bright and sunny in our part of France today where people are concerned about the possibility of petrol shortages as protests are planned on 17th November regarding rising prices.

Hope your day pleases, wherever you are.

mabon1 Thu 08-Nov-18 10:55:52

High tide here in Conwy this morning; there is a huge crane on the quay lifting boats from the harbour to over-winter storage at the far end of the quay, I guess that costs a few bob!!! Sure sign that Winter is nigh.

Minerva Thu 08-Nov-18 11:05:29

Good morning everyone from sunny ‘down south’. The washing is on the line and the autumn colours, even on my city suburban road are just beautiful. I ought to be working in the garden but here I am checking the iPad, having a cup of coffee and chuckling over mcems amusing post.

oldgaijin Thu 08-Nov-18 11:10:09

Good morning from a bright and sunny Aberdeenshire, AT LAST!! Still making quilted Xmas balls but shall start on the plaited wreaths this afternoon.

evianers Thu 08-Nov-18 11:13:48

And good morning from Sunny Evian! This morning over the other side of the Lake [Switzerland] there was obviously torrential rain, because not long after, a fantastic double rainbow was to be seen arcing out of the water into the sky. Magical - we have them quite often hereabouts.

FlorenceFlower Thu 08-Nov-18 13:45:22

Lovely morning here in warmish London - was up early taking our lovely dog for walk, now off to do some school pick up. Best wishes to everyone today ?✅

Lupatria Thu 08-Nov-18 13:51:20

still morning as i haven't had lunch yet!
lovely and sunny in dorset today. been to meet a friend for coffee and am now going to my doctors' surgery to pick up my prescriptions.
then home to put my feet up - maybe.

Arto1s Thu 08-Nov-18 15:21:44

I love reading all the Good Morning salutations, but I’m 8 hours behind everyone! Very belated GM to one and all?

Chris4159 Thu 08-Nov-18 19:36:39

Thought family were planning a surprise trip to NY for my 70th birthday,as little things said etc.etc
Alas found out it was for someone else!!! Oh well nice thought while it lasted.

Tamayra Fri 09-Nov-18 07:30:13

What was the news that upset you ?

Tamayra Fri 09-Nov-18 07:35:03

I woke up to a bright & sunny day here in Wallaga Lake
Birds chirping & the still lake at the bottom of my garden shining with reflections of trees & sky
Off to my local town today to get some help with my electricity bill If you receive an aged pension here financial help with large bills is available
We are very blessed in so many ways here in Aussie land