Gransnet forums

Chat

Argy Bargy madness, come right in! ??

(1001 Posts)
lemongrove Thu 13-Dec-18 21:29:37

Ah, another year’s lease, wonderful!
Leave your worries at the door and put your feet up.

lemongrove Mon 18-Feb-19 09:40:03

Yes it is Buffy one on his bonce and one on his chest.?

lemongrove Fri 22-Feb-19 19:24:24

Where are all our customers??
I’ll have a pint of creme de menthe while I wait.

Marydoll Fri 22-Feb-19 19:33:34

May I just have a cuppa, I'm off the drink! It's got me into too many sticky situations recently, like when I agreed to cover myself in treacle, (as the Admiral has a fetish about that.) grin
However, it didn't attract the Admiral, just a load of stinging insects!??? ??

Jalima1108 Fri 22-Feb-19 20:50:22

shock

Get ye to the Olde Café Marydoll
I don't pop in here very often but - a [cuppa]

I'm sticking to organic wine btw.

Jalima1108 Fri 22-Feb-19 20:50:51

sorry brew

to much of the organic wotsit

Doodle Fri 22-Feb-19 20:56:54

marydolldon’t try pretending you’re in the family way again. I’m not falling for that twice. On the coffee indeed. You just made that up to impress George. Don’t think I haven’t noticed you having lots of Nespressos since Buffy tied him to the machine. He’s not really interested in you he just keeps jigging about because he’s got his chest wig caught in the extractor fan.

Doodle Fri 22-Feb-19 20:59:19

He he Jamila hoist by your own wotsit I think. Another one pretending to give up the booze.wine is more like you than brew I think ?

Jalima1108 Fri 22-Feb-19 21:36:42

it's organic, so it is OK!
wine

Doodle Fri 22-Feb-19 23:22:52

But we don’t serve organic wine in the Argy jamila. ?
lemon......you remember that bottle that the Admiral used to pee in the other day... you did throw it away didn’t you... that smelt pretty organic to me ??

Menopaws Sat 23-Feb-19 03:21:13

What's become of this place? Tea? Organic?

Menopaws Sat 23-Feb-19 03:21:59

You'll want flowers on the tables next and doilies

Doodle Sat 23-Feb-19 14:24:56

flowers flowers ??☕️☕️ Cucumber sandwiches on the way meno ?

Jalima1108 Sat 23-Feb-19 16:56:26

Yes please - cucumber sandwiches, no crusts thank you, Earl Grey tea with lemon in a bone china cup and saucer and tiny cakes on a proper bone china cake stand.

None of your rough stuff for me thanks.

lemongrove Sat 23-Feb-19 17:01:41

Get out!
No doilies, china teacups , cucumber ( what’s that?) or fancy little cakes served ‘ere, thank you very much!
You will have a slice of Soop’s month old haggis and like it.
Or, pasties ( don’t ask what’s in them) crisps or peanuts, that as gastro as we get in The Argy.

lemongrove Sat 23-Feb-19 17:02:55

In fact Jalima rough stuff is the name of the game here,
Know what I mean?wink

Jalima1108 Sat 23-Feb-19 17:13:55

blush

slinks off, head bowed.

unless you have a pint of rough cider I could swig instead

lemongrove Sat 23-Feb-19 17:17:16

Tell you what.....come back in and have a pint of Old Dark
Goblin and I will heat up the pizza I bought last week which nobody seems to want ( anchovy and bloater) ??

Jalima1108 Sat 23-Feb-19 17:56:27

Lovely!

No scrumpy though?

Buffybee Sat 23-Feb-19 19:25:59

I wouldn't mind a pint of Old Dark Goblin and a slice of Haggis, thanks!
I've been on double shifts at the Sewage Works, covering for folk dropping like flies with flu.
So they say.....
A few have come back looking very happy and humming,
Y Viva Spania!
Mmmmmmm!

Menopaws Tue 26-Feb-19 03:29:01

Thanks Lemon, I'm glad you understand the Argy standards, I was beginning to think they had slipped

lemongrove Tue 26-Feb-19 10:09:15

Not while I am here Meno ?

No scrumpy at the moment Jal as Big Jim and Trev are gurding the barrels and tapping the pipes down in the cellar
( no, I have no idea either) sounds very Rambling Sid Rumpo to me.

I’m having a coffee with George at the moment ( wearing my best outfit) he is pleading for an hour off ( no chance, once you unchain him, he’ll be off to Heathrow.)cafe

Doodle Tue 26-Feb-19 13:38:36

Gurding the barrels lemon. ? Surely not. Remind me not to have the scrumpy in future.
Wearing your best outfit! Do you really think George is impressed with you spandex pants and sequinned boob tube lemon (for the last time you are supposed to wear it over your boobs not under them ?)
By the way I can hear someone in very very high heels coming down the stairs .......ooh er I think it’s Mrs George looking for her husband ....... ?

lemongrove Tue 26-Feb-19 16:03:04

Nope.....it’s tiny marydoll in her stilettos (6 inches high)
So that’s alright, phew!

George isn’t complaining Doodle ? ( he can’t, not with a donut in his mouth, I have been feeding him up.)

Off to have a drink with Thor now, laters! ??

GrannyGravy13 Tue 26-Feb-19 16:12:41

Well I have just done my online shop, so popping in with a certain brand of "coffee pods" and have swiped a bottle of Mr.GG13's brandy to go with!!! ☕️☕️???

I do think it's my turn with George though, have put on my best undies just in case ????

Day6 Tue 26-Feb-19 16:12:54

Woss goin' on???

I have just awoken from a three day drunkenslumber on the ripped moquette banquette seating in the corner to people asking for tea? Am I in the Argy? Has Trevor transported me to the Ritz?

Nah, I see the regulars propping up the bar. The glare from the sequinned crop tops is blinding and a ferret has made a nest in my armpit hair. Some things never change. I need a stiff one before I go home.

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion