Gransnet forums

Chat

Argy Bargy madness, come right in! ??

(1001 Posts)
lemongrove Thu 13-Dec-18 21:29:37

Ah, another year’s lease, wonderful!
Leave your worries at the door and put your feet up.

Doodle Fri 05-Apr-19 12:15:25

Oh well I suppose I could do it. Just to be helpful you understand ?

Menopaws Fri 05-Apr-19 14:51:13

Ok back in the room, what's been happening? Where is everyone?

lemongrove Fri 05-Apr-19 15:21:14

Ah! Slept it off in the cellar did you Meno ( talk about growing old disgracefully!)
So, I have cleaned up single handedly, captured Clooney again, and brewed a huge new batch of poteen, baked four large meat pies ( don’t ask) thrown several drunks into the cellar, and given the Admiral his marching orders.
Am now planning a menu to bring the punters in for the weekend.Anyone seen the ferrets?

Menopaws Sat 06-Apr-19 08:31:36

Lovely pie Lemongrove. I found a couple of hairs in it though

Marydoll Sun 07-Apr-19 00:13:43

Sorry, I been conspicuous by my absence.I have been very unwell, it was the poteen Thad did for me , M'lud! ?‍⚖️
Big Jim has offered to put up bail, but he is nowhere to be seen.? By the way, where is Lemongrove ????? ?
I was an innocent bystander who was unwittingly dragged into the melee! ?

Doodle Sun 07-Apr-19 19:39:20

Ooh marydoll I love your new jewellery. Chunky bracelets and ankle chains are really in at the moment. Not sure I like that striped all in one jumpsuit though. Makes it look like you’ve just got out of prison ?

lemongrove Mon 08-Apr-19 17:44:13

I’m here Marydoll keeping a close eye on your antics.
I have been busy cooking and baking all day, and have worked out a brilliant bar menu to bring in the punters:
Alternative sausage rolls ( you don’t want to know!) turnip crisps, bloater sarnies ( for the Naval lot) home made wildlife stew (very new age and popular) mushroom pate (
Our very own cellar fungi collected by our very own cellar funguy, Big Jim.) Key Lime pie ( it has a real lime and a real key in it!) and my own favourite... odds ‘n’ ends on toast.

Marydoll Mon 08-Apr-19 20:03:29

grin

Doodle Mon 08-Apr-19 20:49:52

I believe your wildlife stew should be renamed road kill stew lemon. I’ve seen your driving so no doubt we will have plenty of offerings for the pot. ?

Menopaws Sat 13-Apr-19 10:09:44

But is there a pot big enough?

Doodle Sat 13-Apr-19 22:04:56

Don’t worry meno I’m sure lemon could use her cauldron. That would be big enough and she could use her broomstick to stir with ?‍♀️ ??

lemongrove Mon 15-Apr-19 22:01:57

grin
My broomstick is strictly for flying here on Meno I don’t want it to get messy!
Well, the punters are loving my new menu, they can’t get enough of it ( it may be the magic mushrooms) the whole bar was swaying and singing ‘A Whiter Shade Of Pale’ ?
Real money in the till at last!
I may use a bit of it to get myself a new outfit, so come tomorrow it’s down to Madame PomPoms boutique for me.

Doodle Mon 15-Apr-19 23:08:47

Ooh Madame PomPoms. The dog groomers. Strange place to get your outfit but each to their own. Are you getting your hair done like the poodles lemon with a big top knot on the top and bunches at the side over your ears. You’re not getting one of those big fluffy tails with a big pompon at the end are you? That would be fantastic you could sweep the floor as you walk around. Can’t wait to see it. ?

Menopaws Wed 17-Apr-19 18:21:07

You could shave those legs while you are thereLemon, all ready for a bikini Easter

lemongrove Fri 19-Apr-19 19:36:12

Humph! grin
Legs all shaved ( and arms and chest) hair styled, new outfit,
High heels......ready to rumble.
I’ll do this evening on the bar, then please take turns over the weekend, as Trev and I are going away for a naughty night or two of passion.?

Charleygirl5 Fri 19-Apr-19 21:10:13

I think I will bring my own homemade sandwiches. I have a few things on next week, I do not want to be laid low with food poisoning. I do not drink in pubs so I will also bring my own coffee and a clean mug. That is me sorted. I just cannot live with the standard of cleanliness there, sorry.

Doodle Fri 19-Apr-19 21:10:43

Well Trevs going with me so who are you taking on your naughty night lemon ?

lemongrove Fri 19-Apr-19 21:21:45

It’s complicated.....Trev has a twin brother ( identical) and also called Trev, so we can’t really tell which Trev we are going away with ( not that it matters.)?

gransal Fri 19-Apr-19 23:52:05

lemon and *doodle I hope you find the Trev that "fits" you best !!!!!

Doodle Sat 20-Apr-19 14:31:30

I have both hidden in my suitcase gransal but don’t tell lemon ?

gransal Mon 22-Apr-19 14:47:36

ooooh you greedy gal !!

gransal Wed 24-Apr-19 01:07:45

Have you managed to close your suitcase DOODLE or do you think Trev could slip the lassoo and join me on a break to tenerife . If not Trev Big Jim or Thor would fit the bill quite nicely. Desperation is a terrible thing!!!

maddyone Wed 24-Apr-19 02:31:41

Good grief, I’ve just wandered in, whatever is going on here?

maddyone Wed 24-Apr-19 02:32:12

Who’s Big Jim?

Menopaws Wed 24-Apr-19 07:16:55

Little bloke at the end of the bar with Jim on his tshirt because Marydoll is a bit shortsighted and keeps losing him, she named him big Jim for a reason only she knows!

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion